Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2017 3:38:24 PM EDT
Saw a PA-10 at my LGS today for a very decent price.  It has M-Lok FF handguard,

and a 20" 1:10 Parkerized Barrel.

It has the Forward Assist on the Case Deflector, on the Upper, and the Lower is in the 5xxx Serial range.

Is this a Gen 1 PA-10?  If so, What are the issue's with the Gen1's that I should be aware of before I take the plunge?

TIA
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Saw a PA-10 at my LGS today for a very decent price.  It has M-Lok FF handguard,

and a 20" 1:10 Parkerized Barrel.

It has the Forward Assist on the Case Deflector, on the Upper, and the Lower is in the 5xxx Serial range.

Is this a Gen 1 PA-10?  If so, What are the issue's with the Gen1's that I should be aware of before I take the plunge?

TIA
View Quote

I have both. Only cosmetic differences. Both of mine had the bolt catch issue...easily fixed.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have both. Only cosmetic differences. Both of mine had the bolt catch issue...easily fixed.
View Quote
What's the issue and fix?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Bolt catch wont swing high enough to catch bolt.

Removed some metal off back side lower tab to allow bolt catch to swing farther.

PSA does do it to some catches that leave the factory, mine was untouched in the kit I assembled.

ymmv

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Factory_PA_10___Bolt_Wont_Lock_Back___Need_to_eliminate_the_Slop___Update_Vid_Working__FIXED/121-673207/?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Not sure why but PSA never seems to show pics of the right side of the lowers. IIRC Gen 1 lowers have an A2 fence around the mag release, and gen2's do not(sort of similar to a pre-A1 M16 in this area)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top