Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/24/2006 8:28:56 AM EDT
Which parts do the DPMS .308 rifles (the LR-308T particularly) share with ar-15s or ar-10s?

They mention on the website that they use ' Standard A-15 trigger group' - I'm guessing that they mean ar-15 but can't use the name due to copyright violation. I've also seen stock advertisements here where they mention a difference between the standard ar-15 stock and an ar10/dpms LR stock..

Thanks!!
-Colin
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:52:07 AM EDT
The LR-308 supports the standard AR-15 buffer tubes and stocks. The Magpul PRS has a special AR-10/LR-308 version to clear the the charging handle.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:59:09 PM EDT
Very interesting post. I had the same question so I asked Brownells and they contacted Bob at DPMS. Angie replied the following to me:

Hi Big-Bore,
I just spoke w/ Bob at DPMS.
According to Bob there are 3 parts that are not the same as the AR-15. These parts are: the pivot pin, take down pin, & the bolt catch screw.

The Buffer tube, buffer, & Stock are the same as used on the AR-15.

As far as will any stock work, he said the A2 Stocks & the AR-15 Collapsible Stocks will work on the DPMS .308 LR.

If you have the Armalite AR-10 Stock, this will not work even though it’s a .308.

Thank you,

Angie
Brownells
Purchasing Rebuyer/Special Orders

NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE. I got an answer in less than 24 hours.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:16:42 PM EDT
Wow, cool, thanks for the information!

I'd imagine that the charging handle would be a little bit longer than a standard AR-15 model due to the extra length of bolt travel due to cartridge length... ? Would that be different than the AR-15 charging handle then? I would imagine that the bolt, bolt carrier, and all that jazz would be slightly different as well.

I better order a spare pivot pin, takedown pin and bolt catch screw from DPMS then - although they'll probably be here before my rifle is!

-Colin
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:40:42 PM EDT
Be aware that my question was directed to LOWER and STOCK parts only. I did not ask anything about upper parts. Those parts are different that I am absolutely sure of, bolt, carrier, charging handle, barrel nut.
Top Top