Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:20:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The new retaining system for the cam levers is basically a slide-lock that does ride on the bottom rail, and moves forward to reveal the levers for opening the barrel change mechanism. Then it slides back over the levers, containing them in the holes in the slide-lock, so that the levers are completely enclosed and snag-free when the system is closed. The slide-lock shown in the photos is a preliminary prototype, and we are improving that part before the product is released. It  will be re-styled and a secondary push-button safety lock will be included to ensure the slide-lock cannot  accidentally move during use.

The finish on the new model MGI QCB is hard anodized finish overall, just like the finish on the rest of the upper receiver. No more powder coating! This is top-of-the-line.

Awesome. You guys improved everything that made me hesitant to get one of these systems.  I better start saving my pennies. her
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
looking good. tag.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Any issues with the non-firing hand hitting the locking bars/bar cover when using a vertical pistol grip? Is it possible to put the bars on top or side instead of on the bottom to make maximum use of the bottom rail for grip and light/laser?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#7]
so I gotta buy ANOTHER MGI upper?....the wife is going to be pissed.

I can't wait to see how the .308 lower will pan out.  That looks like serious fun.  I am tired of all these 9+ pound .308 semis running around.  How light could they be made with the MGI upper/lower?  Weight has been a serious factor in why I do not own one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Have there been any pictures of the updated QCB posted?

96Ag
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:45:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The upper and lower receivers are still a few weeks out, due to some production delays at CMT.
You can still get on the back-order list, which is filling up fast.

Here's a cool pic on one of our customer's guns, with our MGI Modular Lower and AK magwell, and his modified 7.62x39 shorty upper.
He's running a DIAS and loving it in FULL AUTO, and it runs great!
www.c3junkie.com/m16/MGI/762.jpg

For the life of me I can't figure out why I look at pics like that and then start giggling uncontrollably.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top