Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:05:45 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with theese?

Id like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly..
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:03:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 11:04:16 AM EDT by TonyRumore]
Here's some history trivia on the Watson upper.

It was designed and marketed by Dan and Jen Franklund in 1999. They would sell you the barrel extension and the bolt for $150 or so and with a $150 surplus Ma Deuce barrel, you could assemble it into a 50BMG upper. The parts came with a serialized binder full of detailed instructions as well as photographs and blue prints of all the parts. I have number 8, dated June 6, 1999. The Company was called D&J's Habitual Tinkering in Bismarck, North Dakota.

I actually never received the bolt, only the information with the barrel extension. The bolt was permenantly back ordered and never arrived. I took the barrel extension, which is actually the receiver itself in this application, and built it into the Tromix 50BMG over-the-shoulder LAWS rocket style rifle which I sold a couple of years later for $400. Even at that price, the thing was for sale about 6 months before it sold.

The Watson unit works fine, but it is a pain in the ass to break the gun open and unscrew the bolt after every shot.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:05:51 AM EDT
I wanted an AR upper type. I looked at the Watson, until I understood the screw in bolt system.

I went with a Ferret, pure bolt and upper.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:52:08 PM EDT
So are you using a standard lower or the ferret lower with your Ferret upper?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:12:01 AM EDT
Regular ar lower. Minus a few of the parts (bolt catch and take down pins) and added a special heavy hammer and heavy hammer springs.

Top Top