Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 7:55:43 PM EDT
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that in the ar-15 platform, its the build of the upper receiver that produces outstanding accuracy (as long as there isn't  play between the upper and lower)

Does the same apply for the ar-10 variants?
Say i get an ar-10 style lower receiver that is built by a manufacturer known for building crap, and the lower does end up being less than stellar. will it screw the firearm? Or will having a well built upper negate it?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
what AR10 manufacture is known for building crap?

Armalite,
Bushmaster(discontinued)
DPMS
Knights
rock River Arms

anyway, you are correct, the upper matters most
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:01:21 AM EDT
[#2]
None of them are interchanegable so the point is moot. The AR-10 is not a consistent design....it's a generic term for a 7.62NATO AR. AR-10 is actually a trademark of Armalite Inc. Hence BAR-10, LAR-10 etc.

Smion
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Armalite has to vigorously defend their TM of AR-10 because if they do not...it will end up like 'M4' which Colt recently lost exclusive tights to.

The AR-10(tm) is not the same rifle as the original AR-10 from the 50s that was the precursor to the AR-15, which I think is still a Colt (tm)........

Simon
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
thank u for the rseponses gentlemen
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top