Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Looks good mad, just need to get rid of that airgun sight now
i knew that was coming
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Griz, It says that buffer is for collapsible stocks only. Is that accurate info? Why wouldn;t it work on a regular stock?

My bad.  I had telestocks on the brain.  Sorry    

It might let the gas key strike the buffer tube... which would end up breaking your lower receiver.

How would the gas key get past the charging handle?

It's a carbine buffer which is shorter than a rifle buffer.  If you really want to use this buffer on a rifle get a Sully stock which uses a CAR length buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I just put an MGI buffer in an ACE skel stock (A-1 length), I think the only difference between the CAR and STD MGI buffer is that a STD comes with a plug thats added first to the tube to prevent the buffer from traveling too far, maybe an extension plug would work foir you....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just put an MGI buffer in an ACE skel stock (A-1 length), I think the only difference between the CAR and STD MGI buffer is that a STD comes with a plug thats added first to the tube to prevent the buffer from traveling too far, maybe an extension plug would work foir you....

When I got my MGI it had the buffer and the delrin plug.
I emailed them and asked about it and they said that the plug was used with the rilfe length and not used with the car or collabsable stock tube.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Buffers must be mated to the proper buffer tube(receiver extension). The length of the buffers is matched to the tube lengths.
The MGI RRB buffer is a carbine length buffer, and can be ordered with an extension spacer rod for rifle length systems.
Please specify rifle or carbine length when ordering.

Using a carbine buffer in a rifle length buffer tube can cause destruction of the lower receiver, due to overtravel of the bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#6]
OK, I'll play.  Here's my girls.  You can tell whick is my Wulfy.

Sorry for the quality.

Doc
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Doc, is that the RRA extended mounting platform on your Wulfie?  I really debated the extended platform but ended up going with the Scout rail... Does the extended rail have any problems staying put under the .50's recoil?

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Darkstar,

Yep, that is the RRA rail.  I haven't had any loosening yet, but I may sell it in order to save some weight.  Going to try an Aimpoint first, and see how the cheek weld is.   IF it is too high, will probably sell/trade it for BUIS's.

Doc
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice carbine edpmedic.  That's the exact YHM handguard that I was considering.   I bet those uncovered rails are nasty if you shoot it offhand though
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Buffers must be mated to the proper buffer tube(receiver extension). The length of the buffers is matched to the tube lengths.
The MGI RRB buffer is a carbine length buffer, and can be ordered with an extension spacer rod for rifle length systems.

Using a carbine buffer in a rifle length buffer tube can cause destruction of the lower receiver, due to overtravel of the bolt carrier.

That you Thomas?
If it is I'm the guy who emailed you about how everything went together....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

OK, damn.....Ican get the DPMS from Brownell's at the dealer price, so I was hoping it wouild work. All the rifle length 5.5 buffers seem to be much more expensive. If I am going to have to pay $100, I will do without it awhile longer. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nice carbine edpmedic.  That's the exact YHM handguard that I was considering.   I bet those uncovered rails are nasty if you shoot it offhand though

Yes that is nice looks similar to mine, but I put magpul rail covers on mine!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:58:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, damn.....Ican get the DPMS from Brownell's at the dealer price, so I was hoping it wouild work. All the rifle length 5.5 buffers seem to be much more expensive. If I am going to have to pay $100, I will do without it awhile longer. Thanks for the info.

I guess I got lucky when I bought my 5.5 buffer... the dude only asked $65 for it!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#15]
GRIZ ......I do have the covers to put on it if need be. I also find that with a verticle grip it is better to shoot freehand. I still rather use the bipod it is to much recoil for my neck yet trying to hold it.
My AR30 in 338 feels like a 22 compared to this. The only other thing with about the same recoil is my Super 90 M4 shotgun. I have neck pain after shooting that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Wulf50guy,
Hey!
Glad to hear that your enjoying your MGI Buffer.
I'm pleased to know that you got it assembled okay, and it's working good for you on your 'Wulf.

Keep in touch!

Thanks,
Tom

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Man it is working GREAT Thomas.
Not one problem with it at all.
Thanks again for all your help with getting that straightened out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Great pic Parrendero,

If had seen that when I bought it , it would have cleared it all up as far as installation.

Thomas,
Something like that would be good for Mack to include with them, just in case anybody else has the same problem I did.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Great pic Parrendero,

If had seen that when I bought it , it would have cleared it all up as far as installation.

Thomas,
Something like that would be good for Mack to include with them, just in case anybody else has the same problem I did.

I would have had that problem, but Wulf50guy told me how it went!  Which by the way thanks!
Also I can tell a differance with using it.

Bigant
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Great pic Parrendero,

Thomas,

I would have had that problem, but Wulf50guy told me how it went!  Which by the way thanks!
Also I can tell a differance with using it.

Bigant

No problem man,
Glad I could help out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Before OD GunKote.

After OD GunKote.

A friend of mine who's a member here GunKoted my ACE stock tonight.  Thanks again Steve!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#23]
looks good for someone who Carry's a Sig
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:46:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
looks good for someone who Carry's a Sig

You say that like thats a bad thing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Before OD GunKote.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/greenbeo.jpg

After OD GunKote.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/Picture011.jpg

A friend of mine who's a member here GunKoted my ACE stock tonight.  Thanks again Steve!

Shizzle!

Lookin good
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#26]
+123
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Here is my Wulf...
http://www.rubenjenniferandrea.com/web/12-05-03%20014.jpg
Closeup of the front vert. grip
http://www.rubenjenniferandrea.com/web/Beowulf-front.jpg
Closeup of middle showing EoTech Hollowsight and Hogue grip
http://www.rubenjenniferandrea.com/web/Beowulf-middle.jpg
And finally, the rear showing the "Limbsaver" recoil pad
http://www.rubenjenniferandrea.com/web/Beowulf-rear.jpg

Any questions ;)
RGUARD
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Who made that vert grip ?
How does the limbsaver perform with the 50? I thought about getting one of those before I went down the other path.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#29]
The vert grip was just something I picked up at a gunshow, don't know who makes it. It mounts to any picatinny (sp?) rail and I got a small rail to mount throught the holes in the front handguard. It works great, really helps control muzzle flip. The Limbsaver is probably the most important thing I have done to it, takes recoil from borderline punishing to almost too mild. I take it off to show new shooters because with it on they say it is not all that powerfull a gun (with the pad off there is a different look on thier faces after they shoot it  :)

In short, I really like the setup and am just considering learning to reload so I can afford to shoot it more ;)

RGUARD

P.s. Check out the Video
Beowulf Rapid Fire
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Here is my creation. I got the ideas for most of the "ingredients" from the other Beowulf postings - thanks everybody!

I built this around a Rock River stripped lower. The other components are:
* MGI buffer, Tubb chrome silicon buffer spring
* Limbsaver recoil pad, SPR adjustable buttplate (milled flat & thinner), shorter Cavalry
  Arms A1 stock (to compensate the thicker recoil pad)
* Jewell adjustable trigger
* Alexander Arms muzzle brake
* Armalite Alostyr handguard, Tango Down panels, Hogue pistol grip
* IOR 1.1-4x26 CRT scope, Mark 4 rings

TJ

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/2452/Beowulf1.jpg

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/4022/Beowulf2.jpg
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is my Beowulf and the other family member the Grendel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/rdreeszen/BeowulfGrendel.jpg
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice rigs guys, looking good.
Thanks for contributing to the thread.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Keep them coming fella's!  Since when I see one that I like, I start to think about what I could do to mine to make better

Since seeing everyones' I have added the MRI, Wolff Spring and ACE A1 Stock Plus the 1" butt pad mainly to give me more lenght on stock. Since I'm so long armed.

Bigant
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Would the factory muzzle brake have to be remobed to add a FF tube??? and if so has anyone removed a brake?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey wave how's the AA muzzle brake install ? Looks like set screws and what kind of glue? I made my own brake and attached with 4 set screws no glue , looks simmular to AA's.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Iceman,
It's loctite high strength retaining compound # 690 I think.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks GOOD wave.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey wave how's the AA muzzle brake install ? Looks like set screws and what kind of glue? I made my own brake and attached with 4 set screws no glue , looks simmular to AA's.

The install is super easy. I have yet to fire a shot thru this rifle so I'm still kind of skeptical on the glue. We'll see what happens, I have yet to hear of any $180 bullets flying downrange!

It's not coming off. The Loctite is some serious stuff.
As long as you let it sit the recommeded time to cure, (72hours I think) no problems.
I did it to mine and I've put about 175 rounds through it without any problems.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Thx for the info guys !
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Here is my Sasquatch shooter.

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks good Tongo , is that a Leitner-wise mag & where can I get one ?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#44]
No, just a thermold magazine.  They work great.  I have approximatley 600 rds on my setup.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks good tongo.
I've got a couple of the thermolds myself. Got them from Stingray.
Love mine.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Cool thx for the info !
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#47]
My most recent purchase was a 'wulf. Now how is it pronounced?
bee-you-wulf?
          or
bay-wulf?
or something else?
I thought it was the first one, but today at a gun store, someone pronounced it bay-wulf.
i figured since i own one, i should be able to pronounce it at least.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Main Entry: Be·o·wulf
Pronunciation: 'bA-&-"wulf
Function: noun
: a legendary Geatish warrior and hero of the Old English poem Beowulf

I've always pronounced it "bay-uh-wulf"
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Beowulf as pronounced by Microsoft Encarta

encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/beowulf.html
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll have to get some pics of my 'Wulf to post. I shot it for the first time yesterday. I shot a big ground squirrel at 93 yards. Then he was only half as big !
My 13 year old Daughter shot about 10 rounds and LOVED it. She said "It kicks a little though".
Page / 8
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top