BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like something from the "Build your DDM4" program.

Curious as to barrel specs.
View Quote
It was a build for Brownells when they did a M4A1 SOPMOD Clone.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:20:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It was a build for Brownells when they did a M4A1 SOPMOD Clone.
View Quote
I remember when Brownells offered that rifle, but this upper was different. I saw the photo in then product page and read the description. It had a 14.5 Socom/Heavy CHF barrel with a 15" Mlok rail that covered the muzzle, but the pinned flaming pig fit under the rail and extended about an inch past the rail. It seemed like their take on the Noveske infidel.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Should have grabbed the OEM Delta ring assembly from CDNN. That was one of the things I got to get up to free shipping. Can’t really tell quality by looks alone, but it looks like it’s from the same manufacturer of BCM’s Delta assemblies. Possibly even Colts. The finish, the C clip, and the spring looks identical, and you’d be surprised how much they can actually differ in appearance from one manufacturer to the next. Just a simple part, but I’m pleased. I was afraid it look and feel cheap, and I’m pretty ocd about every little part.
View Quote
To be honest, I forgot  to buy the delta ring set, A2 flash hider, and gas tube through CDNN. I bought the barrel when I got up at 4 am to go to work. I did get the free shipping because I added  a Beretta 92F seventeen round OEM magazine from them for $23 USD. I ended up getting all the parts to finish that upper from Right to Bear Arms again.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

To be honest, I forgot  to buy the delta ring set, A2 flash hider, and gas tube through CDNN. I bought the barrel when I got up at 4 am to go to work. I did get the free shipping because I added  a Beretta 92F seventeen round OEM magazine from them for $23 USD. I ended up getting all the parts to finish that upper from Right to Bear Arms again.
View Quote
Man, I didn’t realize they had the 92f magazines. Guess that’s what I’ll add to the cart to get free shipping on the 11.5”. Just received the sling assembly for the Colt barreled upper today, and this gem was on Chris’s business card. This is sort of what I’m going to go for with the 11.5”. Obviously this barrel is a little shorter, but I think it’ll look great with the 11.5”. I could always chop it if I decide to.

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I remember when Brownells offered that rifle, but this upper was different. I saw the photo in then product page and read the description. It had a 14.5 Socom/Heavy CHF barrel with a 15" Mlok rail that covered the muzzle, but the pinned flaming pig fit under the rail and extended about an inch past the rail. It seemed like their take on the Noveske infidel.
View Quote
That was the DD exclusive upper that they released about 4-5 ish months ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That was the DD exclusive upper that they released about 4-5 ish months ago.
View Quote
Yes, that was what the thread I linked was about.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, here’s some accuracy results. This is just practical accuracy. I used cheap brass surplus ammunition, an Aimpoint Comp M4s, and was kneeling unsupported. I used the same bolt, optic, and lower for each group to keep it fair. I did not fool with sighting in the optic for each upper.I had about a half hour to burn, so this is all you all get lol Nothing special, and I didn’t even take the time to measure MOA. Sorry. Honestly, they all 3 performed very well, other than the Colt at 100, and I’m 99% sure that was me and not the barrel. It was muddy as hell, getting dark, and my range goes down the side of a wooded ridge. Under better conditions, resting on a bench, and with magnification, I’m positive the results would be much better. Practical accuracy is important to me though. I don’t do a lot of bench shooting, and if I can be at around 3 MOA with cheap brass, I’m happy. Anyways, here it is.

All barrels are 14.5” Socom profile with an A2 flash hider on an SBR BCM lower. The BCM has had about 2,000 round through it. This is the first time I’ve shot the Colt and Remington. Both were just recently built.

Also want to note that the Comp M4s is practically a 3 MOA for me with my slight astigmatism. It’s not as sharp as it should be. I should have my first Eotech Monday. Hoping it’s a better optic for me.

75 Yards. 10 shot groups. Federal American Eagle 223 55g FMJ.

BCM
https://i.imgur.com/P6SWIOD.jpg

Colt
https://i.imgur.com/w056ZXA.jpg

Remington
https://i.imgur.com/1M1uVGg.jpg

100 Yards. 5 shot groups. Fiocchi M193 55g FMJ 556

BCM
https://i.imgur.com/2PHyYRL.jpg

Colt (again, I think I’m to blame for these results)
https://i.imgur.com/rl6ObLB.jpg

Remington
https://i.imgur.com/PVRAH8S.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/scQYI1h.jpg
View Quote
Thanks, dude. When you make the pics the same size, the Rem and Colt groups are about the same size, and BCM was the smallest. Good job!
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I’ve been following this thread and convinced myself to buy an 11.5” Rem.  So I go to CDNN and thought they raised the price to $199.99.  Well, they didn’t.
It’s an 11.5” Rem with what appears to be the same specs but different markings, well, maybe the same markings but in different locations.  Interesting…

CDNN
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’ve been following this thread and convinced myself to buy an 11.5” Rem.  So I go to CDNN and thought they raised the price to $199.99.  Well, they didn’t.
It’s an 11.5” Rem with what appears to be the same specs but different markings, well, maybe the same markings but in different locations.  Interesting…

CDNN
View Quote
WTH lol that’s the same barrel. I’m guessing they’re fishing for suckers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#11]
May very well be the same barrel but the markings appear to be under the handguard on this model.  Not near the muzzle as on the others.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
May very well be the same barrel but the markings appear to be under the handguard on this model.  Not near the muzzle as on the others.
View Quote
Yeah. I’d actually prefer it under the handguard so that I can chop it down without losing the marking, but man, for $50 more, I could just get one of the heavy Colt barrels from AU..
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I don’t think this has been answered yet, but I found out REP stands for Remington English Proof. It means it’s been tested to meet SAAMI standards. Not sure what that means for the barrels that don’t have it. Maybe they are the Philippine contract barrels, and the REP marked barrels are for the US market.

Eta: looks like Remington use to proof mark their USGI and foreign military contract firearms with just a “P” in the past. So, as mentioned above, it’s likely the P marked barrels are from previous mil contracts and foreign contracts, and the REP marked barrels are for domestic sales. I could be wrong, but that’s based on how they’ve marked in the past. Edit: “P” could also stand for 2018 production.

I reckon I’m going to be the sucker that spends an extra $20 on the other 11.5” barrel. I’m going to chop it, so the location of the markings are worth the extra $20 to me. I don’t think they are REP marked. I’ll share the details once I get it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Got out today to do some test firing and shoot a few groups only shot at 25 yards with irons and then 50yards. Looking good to me. Sorry I don’t Know why the photos are so blurry.

50yds PPU 69 gr .74” & .65”
" />

25yds AE M855 .28”
" />
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:28:24 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Nice man! Sample size of two looks great. This was a 14.5”, correct?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:54:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Man, I didn’t realize they had the 92f magazines. Guess that’s what I’ll add to the cart to get free shipping on the 11.5”. Just received the sling assembly for the Colt barreled upper today, and this gem was on Chris’s business card. This is sort of what I’m going to go for with the 11.5”. Obviously this barrel is a little shorter, but I think it’ll look great with the 11.5”. I could always chop it if I decide to.

https://i.imgur.com/QM2Hell.jpg
View Quote
Shark Arms is good people. I got my 11.5 Colt upper from them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:56:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:16:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Damn straight. Chris is solid.
View Quote
Just got a Colt H2 buffer and Side sling swivel from SAC. No complaints here!
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nice man! Sample size of two looks great. This was a 14.5”, correct?
View Quote
Sorry it was with the 11.5” with FSB!
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

CDNN
View Quote
I saw that also. cdnn being 'tards.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I saw that also. cdnn being 'tards.
View Quote
If the markings truly are under the handguards, and this isn’t the usually CDNN bait and switch, $20 isn’t an issue for those that want to cut it down while keeping the markings. I wish like hell I would have got the barrels for $99 or $129, but even at $179 they appear to be worth it. They’ll definitely be worth it if more don’t hit the market. Hell, people are paying close to $300 for them on gun broker. Like I said, as long as Remington doesn’t flood the market with them, they’ll retain value and some.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:21:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If the markings truly are under the handguards, and this isn’t the usually CDNN bait and switch, $20 isn’t an issue for those that want to cut it down while keeping the markings. I wish like hell I would have got the barrels for $99 or $129, but even at $179 they appear to be worth it. They’ll definitely be worth it if more don’t hit the market. Hell, people are paying close to $300 for them on gun broker. Like I said, as long as Remington doesn’t flood the market with them, they’ll retain value and some.
View Quote
They are 11.5" barrels with FSP, so I don't think anyone is really going to want to cut and thread the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They are 11.5" barrels with FSP, so I don't think anyone is really going to want to cut and thread the barrel.
View Quote
It’s not a bad candidate for a Colt 10.3” Mk18 “clone”. Not correct, but you get a .070 gas port, instead of the oversized gas ports of AU’s 10.3” barrels, and the Socom profile (though the M203 cuts aren’t correct for an M18). Not saying many will buy one to cut it down, but that’s my plan at least, and keeping the markings is a bonus. I’m not going for a clone though. I’m going for something a little untraditional, but again, I could see others using it for a clone.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

CDNN
View Quote
@AkAgent

Help me out...can explain this post in more detail?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@AkAgent

Help me out...can explain this post in more detail?
View Quote
What tig said. These were probably from a different contract. Unless you just want the markings under the Handguard, I don’t see the point in paying the extra $20 while there’s some 11.5” left for $179. Once I receive mine, I’m going to see about reaching out to Rem Defense and getting specifics on all 3.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#27]
@crogers23

All 4.... dont forget the 11.5 non fsb "P" barrel
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@crogers23

View Quote
@InsanceAuto86 I haven’t been able to find them on CDNN’s site (their search function sucks). Do you have a link? I was just thinking that they sold out or something.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@InsanceAuto86 I haven’t been able to find them on CDNN’s site (their search function sucks). Do you have a link? I was just thinking that they sold out or something.
View Quote
They removed the listing a couple weeks ago. I assume they sold out of them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@crogers23

That is correct. They sold out quickly. I’m thinking they had very few of those.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Got my 11.5” barrel from CDNN and my 14.5” back from John Thomas. Both look great and will post pictures tomorrow.

The 11.5” is much nicer that the 14.5” barrel. On the left side of the barrel just in front of the FSB is “070” for the gas port size, and on the right the markings are “REP.”
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Can someone help me figure out what the difference is between the 11.5 barrels they are offering?  The pictures look identical; one of the barrels has a description mentioning 203 flat cuts because of a thick barrel.  I'm aiming to get a thick barrel for future use with a suppressor.

1) https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-pistol-barrel-556-11-5-chrome-bore-remington.html#.XjDl9mhKi70

2) https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-pistol-barrel-556-11-5-a2-chrome-bore-rem.html#.XjDkuGhKi70

Also, any feedback on this upper?

https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-upper-assembly-m4-cover-and-forward-assist-22252.html?___SID=U#.XjDqP2hKi70

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Links are all for upper receiver man.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up, I fixed it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#35]
First link the markings are in front of the fsb the second link the markings are behind the fsb. I don’t know much about the upper I’m sure it probably gtg.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up, I fixed it.
View Quote
Other than the location of the markings, none have a clue. I have one of the $200 ones on the way. I wanted one with the markings under the handguard, and figured I’d be the guinea pig and could report back with the difference.

For the upper, don’t expect to get one with the square forge mark. They like to bait and switch. It’s likely a stock photo.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Starting to wonder if these are chopped 14.5s in an attempt to jump on the 11.5 train that the Colt FBI bbls got rolling ?
View Quote
I would think a check of the muzzle for how the chrome looks as it exits the inside of the barrel, and a check of the gas port size, could provide insight on the question you raise. That said, Remington offers 11.5 barreled rifles and that length is very popular in the .gov world for LEO and other applications, so I suspect they started life as 11.5's and were not cut down.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

For the upper, don’t expect to get one with the square forge mark. They like to bait and switch. It’s likely a stock photo.
View Quote
Correct. The one I received is Mueller Brass forge.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Correct. The one I received is Mueller Brass forge.
View Quote
Is that bad? I don't care about markings, I just want a good quality upper. If I'm better off just buying a blem BCM or an Aero upper, I'll do it. But, these look like a good deal.

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:44:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
True.

But why the milled flats?

Eta: and looking back, GP diameter is correct for 11.5 and bore chroming showing on muzzles is consistent with new production bbls , like you stated. So, I'm stumped.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would think a check of the muzzle for how the chrome looks as it exits the inside of the barrel, and a check of the gas port size, could provide insight on the question you raise. That said, Remington offers 11.5 barreled rifles and that length is very popular in the .gov world for LEO and other applications, so I suspect they started life as 11.5's and were not cut down.
True.

Eta: and looking back, GP diameter is correct for 11.5 and bore chroming showing on muzzles is consistent with new production bbls , like you stated. So, I'm stumped.
With the amount of chrome on the bore, i would guess they were purpose built 11.5 barrels.

As for the flats, there are a few rails that need the flats in order to get the barrel nut wrench on to tighten the system. I wouldn't imagine that this would be the deciding factor for the customer, but It could be a concern (Maybe??)
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 2:28:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Is that bad? I don't care about markings, I just want a good quality upper. If I'm better off just buying a blem BCM or an Aero upper, I'll do it. But, these look like a good deal.

Thanks for the help!
View Quote
You are much better off buying a blem BCM. I just got one a few days ago. Brand new in the plastic. No blem that I could find. And they come with the forward assist assembly and dust cover. You basically getting an quality upper with dry lube already applied in the inside for around $20.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What bbl wrenches require the milled flats?

Never heard anything of the sort.
View Quote
It's not that they require milled flats, but that they were designed to be used with a gov profile barrel, so fitting over a heavy barrel tends to be an issue. The only one that sticks out in my mind is the KAC URX 2/3.1 rails.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

True.

View Quote
Yeah, definitely not a cutdown from a 14.5 M4 as the profile and length wouldn't allow it. The chroming is also a giveaway. I'm thinking that it was just an f-up when roll marked. On my barrel you can see that it started too far back under the far end of the sight tower, they then turned it down and the new markings appear to laser etched.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:55:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, definitely not a cutdown from a 14.5 M4 as the profile and length wouldn't allow it. The chroming is also a giveaway. I'm thinking that it was just an f-up when roll marked. On my barrel you can see that it started too far back under the far end of the sight tower, they then turned it down and the new markings appear to laser etched.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/141194/IMG_E9486_JPG-1255246.JPG
View Quote
So far that is the second one reported with mis markings under the FSP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Looks to be roll stamped not laser etched.
View Quote
It could be, I’m really not sure. It just looks a lot more even and consistent compared to the roll stamping on my 14.5” barrel. The 14.5 is more similar to how Colt or FN barrels look.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top