Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2017 6:36:26 AM EDT
i recently found a surefire warcomp on sale online for $100. when i got it it looked legit and had everything correct in the package, however i noticed that all pictures of it have surefire markings around the base and mine does not. did surefire change their markings? or did i get a fake? any insight would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I think there should be a small step in the diameter about 1/3 of the way through the ports on the threaded end... Any wrench flats on it?  Post up a pic of the other side.

It is at the very least very odd that it has no markings.

There seem to be serceral veriations in hole spacing and flat/no flats.

This is as close to yours as I could find.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
no wrench flats, however i know surefire did switch over to a sliver tool that slips between the prongs to torque it down, so not all have wrench flats. mine came with the tool. =/
https://s1.postimg.org/88rrzsb8an/IMG_0714.jpg
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the tool look like in comparison to the one Surefire provided with known good ones? I'd think something like that wouldn't be as high priority to make look exactly correct.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got a Surefire Warcomp as well from Optics Planet for ~$122. Mine came with markings on the device that say:

WARCOMP - 556 - 1/2 -28 SUREFIRE LLC

In the package, it came with the same wrench that you posted a picture of, a packet of shims with different colored markings on each one, and an instruction manual.

Have you tried contacting Surefire?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
mine came with the shims and instruction manual and everything as well. ya i tried emailing them, but who knows when/if they’ll ever reply
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
My guess would be it got missed when time came in its production to get the laser treatment to mark it SF.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you shot with it yet?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#9]
nope, not yet, was worried if it was fake, the possibility of its dimensions being off and a bullet zinging it coming out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I think if it doesn't have markings it's probably fake.  All mine are marked and even ones recently bought have the flats.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
mine came with the shims and instruction manual and everything as well. ya i tried emailing them, but who knows when/if they’ll ever reply
View Quote
I've dealt with Surefire Customer service before. They're really good getting back with you. Call them Monday. They should be able to find your email, or you can send the rep you're talking to the pictures.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think if it doesn't have markings it's probably fake.  All mine are marked and even ones recently bought have the flats.
View Quote
Mine is marked but does not have flats. SF just sends the tool in packaging now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top