Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 8:50:05 PM EDT
So I've had a complete lower waiting for several months for an upper to go with, and I've finally got the cash to actually finish the build. I'm trying to find the best complete upper I can find with the following specs: 16" mid-length 1x7 twist flat top upper with railed handguards and a good compensator. My budget is $800, give or take, and I'm looking for the highest quality upper for that price range.

This is pretty much what I'm looking to build:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Without the sights right?

ETA: The vortex is a flash hider (not a compensator).
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd look into BCM uppers
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It would need a decent pair of irons, but not that optic, no. If I did mount an optic it would probably be a variable scope of some sort.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd look into BCM uppers

I'll check them out, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#5]
That rifle in the picture has a PRI front sight/gas block, Troy FF rail, and a Vortex flash hider. So you are looking at $180, $235, and $50 respectively. BCM sells upper receivers for ~$95 and mid-length gas tubes for $13, which leaves you ~$230 for a barrel of your choice. BCM sells a 16" midlength for $230 , but they are out of stock right now .
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd look into BCM uppers

yep
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That rifle in the picture has a PRI front sight/gas block, Troy FF rail, and a Vortex flash hider. So you are looking at $180, $235, and $50 respectively. BCM sells upper receivers for ~$95 and mid-length gas tubes for $13, which leaves you ~$230 for a barrel of your choice. BCM sells a 16" midlength for $230 , but they are out of stock right now .

BCM offers lots of different configurations of uppers. Maybe try to get a rail on the EE. Sometimes some good deals there.
Or, here's something else to think about: Daniel Defense 16" Midlength Hammer Forged Barrel
Use promotion code DDV3 at checkout- that brings the price to $229 shipped. I picked up one of these, but haven't used it yet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:27:19 AM EDT
[#8]
BCM or Spikes.  BCM will have a few more options, but will also be about 15%-20% more than a Spikes.  But if you are looking for a very specific barrel, receiver, rail, combo, then you cannot beat BCM's selection.

If you want to buy your rail separately and are good with a standard or LW barrel, save a few bucks and go spikes.

DD has been letting some slick uppers go for really good prices lately too through AIM, but I'm not seeing anything on there now.  I'd put them above BCM/Spikes for a complete package if one popped up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top