Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 137 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:44:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slipjett] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ninjassassin:
New member here. I've been following this thread for awhile in the shadows cuz I was the kid that didn't have cool LMT toys for show and tell. I recently got a MWS and a Estonian rifle (both new and unfired). I have 2 questions that maybe you guys can answer. First, the bolt carrier on my Estonian rifle just falls out of the upper when I take the upper/ lower apart and tip it back. The Estonian carrier collapses onto the bolt when I stand it on the bolt. On a DI gun I know that this means worn out gas rings but the Estonian bolt doesn't have any gas rings.  Is this normal for a LMT piston BCG/gun? Second question, The barrel on the my MWS slides in and out once the rear bolt is loosened and the front is taken out ( I have a LMT torque wrench). On the Estonian rifle I literally have to hold onto the barrel, tip it straight up and down and tap the handguard with pretty good force with a rubber mallet to get the barrel out and then I'd have to do the same to put it back in. Any of you guys also have this issues?
View Quote

From what I've read, the Estonians spec'd the carrier to be taken apart by one hand and also no gas rings necessary on a "gas piston" gun(get it), so all good with those. Some receivers are tight, some aren't, welcome to the world of LMT. You started at the top(there are others on the top), so now you don't need to go down any other AR manufacturer avenue, good on you!

ETA: wasted the top of page 137, pic of 11.5” barrel in an MLC…
" />
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Ninjassassin:
New member here. I've been following this thread for awhile in the shadows cuz I was the kid that didn't have cool LMT toys for show and tell. I recently got a MWS and a Estonian rifle (both new and unfired). I have 2 questions that maybe you guys can answer. First, the bolt carrier on my Estonian rifle just falls out of the upper when I take the upper/ lower apart and tip it back. The Estonian carrier collapses onto the bolt when I stand it on the bolt. On a DI gun I know that this means worn out gas rings but the Estonian bolt doesn't have any gas rings.  Is this normal for a LMT piston BCG/gun? Second question, The barrel on the my MWS slides in and out once the rear bolt is loosened and the front is taken out ( I have a LMT torque wrench). On the Estonian rifle I literally have to hold onto the barrel, tip it straight up and down and tap the handguard with pretty good force with a rubber mallet to get the barrel out and then I'd have to do the same to put it back in. Any of you guys also have this issues?
View Quote

Doesn't take much, maybe .0005 to make the difference between tight, and easy-out. Anodizing usually adds a little bit of outside dimension to the part. It'll wear in.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
So I guess no one saw the $500 mws chassis today on the site?
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:
So I guess no one saw the $500 mws chassis today on the site?
View Quote

That sale has been going since the beginning of the month
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 2:57:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#5]
Aha okay either way that’s a nice sale
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Shovelnose uppers in stock at Big Tex Ordnance for those not on social media. Watched stock go from 50 down to the current 20, didn’t realize it would be that popular.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks
If anyone sees the MLRs come up let me know.   Hopefully they will come up soon, been waiting a long time.  Wish I would have gotten into LMT long ago
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#9]

What barrel and suppressor is this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By waddlingweezol:

What barrel and suppressor is this?

Thanks
View Quote

14.5 NZ carbine with an AAC Mini-4
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By slipjett:

From what I've read, the Estonians spec'd the carrier to be taken apart by one hand and also no gas rings necessary on a "gas piston" gun(get it), so all good with those. Some receivers are tight, some aren't, welcome to the world of LMT. You started at the top(there are others on the top), so now you don't need to go down any other AR manufacturer avenue, good on you!

ETA: wasted the top of page 137, pic of 11.5” barrel in an MLC…
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51969921766_fedfaac63e_k.jpg" target="_blank">https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51969921766_fedfaac63e_k.jpg
View Quote

Great looking rig.

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I just found this sale on LMT - $500 12.5" MRP uppers

Link to order page.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Pair0dimes:

Link to order page.

https://i0.wp.com/lmtdefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/LM308BS1.png?fit=1536%2C1024&ssl=1
View Quote

I've been looking for an MWS MLOK Upper for a while.

Can someone with first hand experience tell me what the Pros and Cons are with this Slick Side Upper versus the MLOK?

Because that Price is mighty tempting!
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

I've been looking for an MWS MLOK Upper for a while.

Can someone with first hand experience tell me what the Pros and Cons are with this Slick Side Upper versus the MLOK?

Because that Price is mighty tempting!
View Quote

I can't speak to long term first hand use but I just picked one up and it seems like a very robust mounting system, just not as sexy as MLOK. Also, while I don't personally care, it seems this batch falls in the "scratch and dent" category so if you're not into that sorta thing, avoid these uppers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Link to order page.

https://i0.wp.com/lmtdefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/LM308BS1.png?fit=1536%2C1024&ssl=1
View Quote

They need to run the quad rail uppers at that price.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Link to order page.

View Quote

The LM8 are so clean looking
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Really liking my LM8 so far

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 4:23:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hox] [#19]
Rail space is officially full. Need a Specwar but blew all my money on the Dbal and a PVS14

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Literally my single favorite rifle. The only thing I will be changing are the optics. I want a LPVO like a March 1-10x, NX8 1-8x, or Trijicon Credo 1-8x. Wherever I land I'll run an rmr with it (either offset or 12 o'clock on top of the optic).

Most likely it'll sit in a Badger Ordnance C1.

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
Literally my single favorite rifle. The only thing I will be changing are the optics. I want a LPVO like a March 1-10x, NX8 1-8x, or Trijicon Credo 1-8x. Wherever I land I'll run an rmr with it (either offset or 12 o'clock on top of the optic).

https://i.imgur.com/mGddGpU.jpg
View Quote

Looking good mang.  The Vortex Razor 1-10X is definitely worth looking at too.  The March optics (especially the F model shorty) have my attention but haven't read much about them.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Looking good mang.  The Vortex Razor 1-10X is definitely worth looking at too.  The March optics (especially the F model shorty) have my attention but haven't read much about them.  

Cheers
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/mGddGpU.jpg

Cheers

Agreed Buddy, the vortex sounds like it's deserves a look. The March 1-10x optic (shorty version) sounds awesome. I bet that eyebox is not very forgiving though. Honestly I'm thinking more about the Credo. I have yet to be disappointed with Trijicon glass.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FONTY] [#23]

Agreed Buddy, the vortex sounds like it's deserves a look. The March 1-10x optic (shorty version) sounds awesome. I bet that eyebox is not very forgiving though. Honestly I'm thinking more about the Credo. I have yet to be disappointed with Trijicon glass.
View Quote

The Eotech Vudo 1-10X28 looks interesting.

NEW Eotech VUDU 1-10 vs. Vortex RAZOR 1-10
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Cheers
View Quote

The Vortex Razor Gen3 1-10x WAS worth taking a look at.  Back when it was $1800-2000.

But Vortex recently raised the price to $2500!  

At that price I chose the Nightforce ATACR 1-8x @ $2700!  Even before the Vortex price jump, in a comparison of these 2 optics, most folks still picked the Nightforce.  Now that the prices are much closer, it isn't even a question IMHO.

Here is the kicker...
A local shop carries the Vortex Razor 1-10x, but not the Nightforce.  And even THEY suggested I get the Nightforce over the Vortex!  
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9epeaAp1Uc
View All Quotes

Does anyone have hands on with the Eotech 1-10x? I've seen it online but didn't know if it was a true competitor to the others mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

The beginning of this video was hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

The Vortex Razor Gen3 1-10x WAS worth taking a look at.  Back when it was $1800-2000.

But Vortex recently raised the price to $2500!  

At that price I chose the Nightforce ATACR 1-8x @ $2700!  Even before the Vortex price jump, in a comparison of these 2 optics, most folks still picked the Nightforce.  Now that the prices are much closer, it isn't even a question IMHO.

Here is the kicker...
A local shop carries the Vortex Razor 1-10x, but not the Nightforce.  And even THEY suggested I get the Nightforce over the Vortex!  
View Quote

That sucks that vortex raised the price.  I bought one recently but had a discount coupon so it was more in line with the older pricing.

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#28]

The beginning of this video was hilarious.
View Quote

LOL.  Funny stuff.

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Mixed some things up. Not the biggest fan of the gripstop

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#30]

ACOG + LMT =
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:14:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vugger] [#31]
Originally Posted By AZ2A:

I can't speak to long term first hand use but I just picked one up and it seems like a very robust mounting system, just not as sexy as MLOK. Also, while I don't personally care, it seems this batch falls in the "scratch and dent" category so if you're not into that sorta thing, avoid these uppers.
View Quote

I am genuinely curious. Can you elaborate on why you think it's a "scratch and dent" upper? I just purchased one and it's perfect in every way. In fact, it's nicer than the LM8 upper that came on my MWS years ago.

$500 for this upper is an incredible discount. I have ditched my several of my MLOK uppers for the LM8 uppers because I believe they are more rigid and durable.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Does anyone know of LMT’s plan to release more Specwar uppers.  I have the 12.5 bug
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By vugger:

I am genuinely curious. Can you elaborate on why you think it's a "scratch and dent" upper? I just purchased one and it's perfect in every way. In fact, it's nicer than the LM8 upper that came on my MWS years ago.

$500 for this upper is an incredible discount. I have ditched my several of my MLOK uppers for the LM8 uppers because I believe they are more rigid and durable.
View Quote

Nice, that's awesome! Mine and a buddy's just had some scratches along the sides but nothing too crazy. Doesn't matter to me, especially at $500!
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#34]
LMT lowers in stock at Rooftop Defense.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Rooftop Defense has MLR barreled uppers in stock.  I'm still looking for just the upper, but someone is probably looking for this...

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/product/lmt-mrp-l-mlok-mlr-16-5-56-barreled-13-25-upper-receiver-chassis/

If someone needs a 16" barrel let me know... we can work something out!  I've been waiting a long time.  Sold a MRP CQB upper 6 months ago in anticipation of getting a MLR upper.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Does anyone know of LMT’s plan to release more Specwar uppers.  I have the 12.5 bug
View Quote

Yes, more on the way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MKEman:
Rooftop Defense has MLR barreled uppers in stock.  I'm still looking for just the upper, but someone is probably looking for this...

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/product/lmt-mrp-l-mlok-mlr-16-5-56-barreled-13-25-upper-receiver-chassis/

If someone needs a 16" barrel let me know... we can work something out!  I've been waiting a long time.  Sold a MRP CQB upper 6 months ago in anticipation of getting a MLR upper.
View Quote

Holy balls $1,415 for a barreled upper with no bolt carrier or charging handle. And they sold out. Crazy times.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:

Holy balls $1,415 for a barreled upper with no bolt carrier or charging handle. And they sold out. Crazy times.
View Quote

Yeah, about 1k for the upper and 400 for the barrel... It's actually not a horrible price given the conditions.  If I didn't already have a 16" barrel or it came with a 14.5 barrel, I'd probably have grabbed one... I'm getting tired of waiting for a MLOK stripped uppers to come back in stock.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Here’s a little contribution:

From right to left -

6.5 Creedmoor Precision setup with Razor 3-18x
7.62x51 with Nox 35
300 AAC with Razor 1-6 topped with Razor RDS
Estonian Reference with Elcan
.556 on STI lower with T2

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Link to order page.

View Quote

This was just TO GOOD to pass up!

The fit & finish is excellent.  There were lots of metal shavings, but that is to be expected & easily cleaned up.  It feels so much better then the Quad Rail it's replacing!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Posted this in general discussion yesterday, probably better here.

Anyone have experience with lmt enhanced bcg in 14.5 mid Daniel Defense or 14.5 mid LMT.  Have two 14.5 builds going and trying to decide which one to put it in.  Hope the consensus is not my mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By redwoodm4:
Posted this in general discussion yesterday, probably better here.

Anyone have experience with lmt enhanced bcg in 14.5 mid Daniel Defense or 14.5 mid LMT.  Have two 14.5 builds going and trying to decide which one to put it in.  Hope the consensus is not my mileage may vary.
View Quote

I like lmt with lmt
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Received my tano mlr back from lmt today. It received the halo cut treatment to get the barrel free floating

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Received my tano mlr back from lmt today. It received the halo cut treatment to get the barrel free floating

https://i.vgy.me/3VNBET.jpg

https://i.vgy.me/kMz6rZ.jpg
View Quote

Did they wipe peanut butter on the cuts?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View Quote

Fuckin a right. Maybe it’s fleshlight Lube
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Wow. Hard to believe they felt that was acceptable to send back out to you.

Can you remove whatever it is they smeared on those relief cuts? I’m sure you could do a cleaner job yourself. Would have been better if they just left it as bare aluminum.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#48]
I have been buying stuff from LMT since the early 2000's. My opinion of them through the years:

Innovation: A+
Design: A+
Quality: A+
Quality Control: F

They just need to fix that one last thing. It's really bad at times.

Anyone remember the days of the purple anodizing? At least they got that solved .
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By spdrcrgts:

Can you remove whatever it is they smeared on those relief cuts? I’m sure you could do a cleaner job yourself. Would have been better if they just left it as bare aluminum.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spdrcrgts:

They gave me the option. One of the options was to have them apply they same grey stuff they apply to the inside of the upper receiver. That’s the option I chose.  It’s obviously not grey so I don’t know what it is. It does seem to wipe off but haven’t tried to remove or clean it up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Vapor-Trail:
I have been buying stuff from LMT since the early 2000's. My opinion of them through the years:

Innovation: A+
Design: A+
Quality: A+
Quality Control: F

They just need to fix that one last thing. It's really bad at times.

Anyone remember the days of the purple anodizing? At least they got that solved .
View Quote

Amen.

I personally would grade them below F if such a grade existed.  Their general disinterest in acknowledging their shit QC is also annoying.
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 137 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top