Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 105 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By domestique1:

On Instagram he mentioned looking into MWS eventually.

Very excited to see this come to fruition.

Would love a 6.8 barrel in SPCII, and a PROOF carbon REECE  barrel, cheap 300blk barrels, etc. Etc.

For MWS, I'd really like short 6.5CM barrel i.e. like KAC released at Shot this year.

Edit to add:  22lr barrels, 9mm, 10mm!  Would love a couple more 22lr barrels.
View Quote
When 8.6 becomes available I’ll be looking for a short barrel on my SBR MWS. Just great to have options now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If CF barrels become an option, I'll have BSF send a barrel directly to him.  They're both in WI.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By unclemoak:
Well that didn't take long haha.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Well that didn't take long haha.
@unclemoak

All I got to say is, YOU DA MAN!

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AR415:

@unclemoak

All I got to say is, YOU DA MAN!

https://i.imgur.com/z7u2gXU.jpg
View Quote
Nice rifle.  Nice range.

Great picture.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody need an unopened rail cover and torque wrench kit for the MRP?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ThePitt:
Anybody need an unopened rail cover and torque wrench kit for the MRP?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/263554/20200125_165536_jpg-1249593.JPG
View Quote
I do, shoot me an email
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M4ger:

Nice rifle.  Nice range.

Great picture.
View Quote
Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#8]

On Instagram he mentioned looking into MWS eventually.

Very excited to see this come to fruition.

Would love a 6.8 barrel in SPCII, and a PROOF carbon REECE  barrel, cheap 300blk barrels, etc. Etc.

For MWS, I'd really like short 6.5CM barrel i.e. like KAC released at Shot this year.

Edit to add:  22lr barrels, 9mm, 10mm!  Would love a couple more 22lr barrels.
View Quote
Yeah, I’m definitely in for a 9mm and 22lr to replace the original Spike’s Tactical MRP barrels I let go years back.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AR415: Thank you sir.
View Quote
Quite welcome.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By spdrcrgts:

Yeah, I’m definitely in for a 9mm and 22lr to replace the original Spike’s Tactical MRP barrels I let go years back.
View Quote
I just bought this 22lr kit, and sent it to D.Wilson for conversion.

If my math is corrct, the 4.5" barrel, with a 6"SiCo Spectre II will just clear the end of the CQB rail.

https://www.righttobear.com/RTB-4-5-inch-22LR-barrel-Bolt-Mags-p/rtb-22ba487-rtb-22afc25-3m25.htm?CartID=1
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Came across an interesting photo on facebook. Supposed to be Colombian commandos training with the 82nd.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:01:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 98Redline] [#12]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Came across an interesting photo on facebook. Supposed to be Colombian commandos training with the 82nd.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262192/82943020_631265594312534_711153197884689-1252708.JPG
View Quote
Those were the "Canteen Green" contract guns that LMT had on sale last year.

A bunch of guys on here managed to snap up the MWS and MRP complete guns as well as some miscellaneous uppers. In person the green is really cool looking.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#13]

I just bought this 22lr kit, and sent it to D.Wilson for conversion.

If my math is corrct, the 4.5" barrel, with a 6"SiCo Spectre II will just clear the end of the CQB rail.

https://www.righttobear.com/RTB-4-5-inch-22LR-barrel-Bolt-Mags-p/rtb-22ba487-rtb-22afc25-3m25.htm?CartID=1
View Quote
I can say for sure that a spikes 5.5" barrel and sparrow are just past flush with a can upper.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 98Redline:

A bunch of guys on here managed to snap up the MWS and MRP complete guns as well as some miscellaneous uppers. In person the green is really cool looking.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 98Redline:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262192/82943020_631265594312534_711153197884689-1252708.JPG

Yeah I wanted to snag an MWS from that sale, but I just didn't have the extra funds at the moment. Just thought it was interesting since, as far as I'm aware, we never knew which country they went to.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By newguy2k3:

I can say for sure that a spikes 5.5" barrel and sparrow are just past flush with a can upper.
View Quote
Good deal!  The extra length of the Spectre II should make it just about perfect.

I'm hoping to make this into a "baby CSW" for the kids to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:05:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Well I know I'm way behind the curve here but I finally have a CQB upper and a MARS lower on the way. I need to find a 10.5 barrel or have one converted. This is my very first foray into LMT products so I hope y'all don't mind all of my questions inbound.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Nutro:
Well I know I'm way behind the curve here but I finally have a CQB upper and a MARS lower on the way. I need to find a 10.5 barrel or have one converted. This is my very first foray into LMT products so I hope y'all don't mind all of my questions inbound.
View Quote
Congrats
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:36:05 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
Welcome!

My day today

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:46:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Anybody else order the tan anodized LMT receivers from Allegiant Rifleworks? They said they were expecting them mid November. Obviously that’s came and went a while ago. I guess there’s an LMT Facebook group they said they would update but I’m not on FB. I emailed them on Monday but haven’t heard back yet. I had emailed them back in December and they got back to me same day. Started to get concerned and thinking about canceling.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AR_Marv:
Anybody else order the tan anodized LMT receivers from Allegiant Rifleworks? They said they were expecting them mid November. Obviously that’s came and went a while ago. I guess there’s an LMT Facebook group they said they would update but I’m not on FB. I emailed them on Monday but haven’t heard back yet. I had emailed them back in December and they got back to me same day. Started to get concerned and thinking about canceling.
View Quote
They got back to me. They talked to them at shot show and were told 3-4 weeks
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:11:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#21]
delete
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:
View All Quotes
Sucks if it's LMT that is taking so long. Too bad this is a limited edition thing. LMT should sell tan and green anodized parts year round.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Cool. Thanks for the update
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Okay dumb question. If I want to send Dave a barrel and have him convert it, can I just send any barrel or does it have to use a 750 gas journal? What If I don't have an existing LMT gas block/tube to use? Does it use the MRP specific one? Here is my first LMT upper fresh out of the shipping box.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Okay dumb question. If I want to send Dave a barrel and have him convert it, can I just send any barrel or does it have to use a 750 gas journal? What If I don't have an existing LMT gas block/tube to use? Does it use the MRP specific one? Here is my first LMT upper fresh out of the shipping box.
View Quote
dwilsonmfg.com and fill out a contact form
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#27]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/83868282_2802372359823105_33602828937031-1254897.JPG
View Quote
I have several that Marvin converted. Most lo pro gasblocks should work fine. You just need to make sure it fits inside the rail if it has to. For reference Slr adjustables work as long as you get the set screw version.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:58:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nutro] [#28]
Thanks y'all. I just got off the phone with Dave. I'm going to send a new BA Hanson 11.3 I have sitting on my bench. It's got a small .625 gas block seat and will clear the chassis.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:33:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sniper3142] [#29]
QUESTION for all Fellow LMT Owners...

Do any of you with rifle length MRPs or Large Frame rifles mount their magnified optics further forward then with non-monolithic setups?  Since there is no "gap" to worry about, the idea seems to make some sense.

I figure that mounting a scope like a LPVO or even something bigger further forward would allow me to keep the collapsible stock at it's shortest length while still having proper eye relief for my scopes.

Am I wrong, or is this done by others?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

Do any of you with rifle length MRPs or Large Frame rifles mount their magnified optics further forward then with non-monolithic setups?  Since there is no "gap" to worry about, the idea seems to make some sense.

I figure that mounting a scope like a LPVO or even something bigger further forward would allow me to keep the collapsible stock at it's shortest length while still having proper eye relief for my scopes.

View Quote
Having the uninterrupted rail space is nice and provides flexibility. I just run rings on my MWS to save on cost and weight.

Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:58:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

View Quote
Nope, usual mounting. I find a sweet spot in my stock for comfort and weapon control. Shortening the stock reduces my ability to control the weapon well while rapid firing. Also, when I shoot from prone, stock goes to full extension unless there is a time issue. Might cause an eye relief issue for you in the prone to get good stability and comfort. I also don't like pushing weight toward the muzzle if I can avoid it, that's just me. I won't be offended if you disagree with all of this lol but you won't see me recommending it to my officers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Having the uninterrupted rail space is nice and provides flexibility. I just run rings on my MWS to save on cost and weight.

https://i.imgur.com/OSnq6f4.jpg
View Quote
Good lookin' pair.

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:21:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sabre675] [#33]
Pre-ordered the Vortex GEN3 1-10 to go on my MLOK MWS....I'm not a pre-order kind of guy, so hopefully it is comperable or better than the NF ATACR. I was on the fence between the two. I am not a fan of the capped turrents though on either as I think these optics are both more DMR-ish leaning on the LPVO side in my mind when you're at 8 power and beyond. Too bad it isn't offered in black too, not a fan of burnt bronze on a black rifle. Might have to send the rifle to Joint Force Enterprises so the carpet matches the drapes. I'll give feedback in April. Fingers Crossed. Now I have to decide if I want to go with Scalarworks mount or a new style Badger Ordnance. Both are sweet and light. I'm hesitant on trusting the Scalarworks mounting system/torquing knobs, although I've heard no negative feeback considering the abysmal inch/lbs spec. I like the scope leveling feature though and the footprint. Wish the Badger had the same leveling feature.

I am somewhat butt hurt on my Choice. I've never been a vortex fan. I've always leaned Loupy, and considered nightforce as there is at least clone-ish specificity. The ATACR was at least applicable to my mindset, but with no real data, the Vortex checks a lot of boxes.

I was going to get the Leupold MK5 for my Picatinny Green MWS, make it full on DMR and move the MK8 over to the MLOK. This would have probably made the most sense and I like the looks and features of that optic a great deal. Alternatively I kind of wish going w/a MK6 or NXS8 to maintain a lighter, gross capable platform.

Whatever route I chose was going to leave me wondering. Still leaning MK6 for my mini-ish-Recce build as Ive wanted that optic since its release. I'll test it and it might get the axe. I'll also move the MK6 over for posterity. At worst maybe I just need one or two more rifles ....
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Any one have a LMT 308dmr buttstock. I'm thinking about getting one for my PredatObr. Any body who has one like it and where is the best place to purchase that is trustworthy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jon101st:
Any one have a LMT 308dmr buttstock. I'm thinking about getting one for my PredatObr. Any body who has one like it and where is the best place to purchase that is trustworthy.
View Quote
I have the 5.56 version (which works perfectly fine on the MWS, just a little gap). LMT had it on sale for $175 during Christmas.

I really like it. Secure lockup, easy to adjust and put on and off.

You can purchase direct from LMT, the prices are very similar to dealer prices.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Heading to the range tomorrow to test out this Noveske barreled one.

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#37]

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/Photo%20Feb%2001%207%2041%2031%20PM.jpg
View Quote
Nice! Keep us updated on how it does. My mind is just spinning on all the possible builds I could do now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#38]

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/Photo%20Feb%2001%207%2041%2031%20PM.jpg
View Quote
Nice! Can you foresee any issues with aftermarket gas blocks and the MLC chassis?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Nice! Can you foresee any issues with aftermarket gas blocks and the MLC chassis?
View Quote
It'll need to be slim.

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Is the KAC Mod 2 gonna be a no go?

I’ve been thinking about the CSW uppers for lots of integral type setups.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Is the KAC Mod 2 gonna be a no go?

I've been thinking about the CSW uppers for lots of integral type setups.
View Quote
It's tight, but it fits. Way tighter than a URX 4 or 3.1 Conversion.

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:35:08 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
yum
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#43]

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/Photo%20Feb%2001%209%2009%2047%20PM.jpg
View Quote
Wow. That is tight. Makes me feel like it would bounce off the top of the handguard quite a bit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#44]

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/Photo%20Feb%2001%209%2009%2047%20PM.jpg
View Quote
Would a legacy or Mod1 block work better?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Wow. That is tight. Makes me feel like it would bounce off the top of the handguard quite a bit.
View Quote
That's most likely the case. Shorter barrels have let flex, so that might be an option.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Those have very small gas blocks. It's very likely they would work without issue.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:53:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4ger] [#47]
Those have very small gas blocks. It's very likely they would work without issue.
View All Quotes
Awesome.  Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
The M-LOK chassis seem to have a pretty small ID.

It might be a better fit in the classic railed chassis or “slick side”.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Always wanted to do a KAC barrel/E3 bolt conversion on an MRP.  Best of both worlds.  Would be the ultimate AR15 imo.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 4:32:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kensho] [#50]
Link to ARW Customs Tanodized LMT's

LINK TO ARW CUSTOMS & LMT TANODIZED

https://www.arwcustoms.com/lmt-exclusive
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 105 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top