Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 12:55:48 AM EDT
Is there a rail gas block that will be level with a Troy rail?  Most of the rail gas blocks I've seen positions the rail lower than the handguard rail.

Thanks

Frontsight  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:29:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is there a rail gas block that will be level with a Troy rail?  Most of the rail gas blocks I've seen positions the rail lower than the handguard rail.

Thanks

Frontsight  

It seems like a pretty obvious item to make but I have yet to find one, and I have looked.  The closest thing to it is the new flip up from Samson.  It has the front flip up sight built into it but does incorperate some rail slots (for looks only, they're covered when the sight is folded down).
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the Samson...  Even though it's not a "gas block with rails", but rather incorporates the flip up front sight.

However, I'd be very cautious using a Samson product on the same rifle with a Troy product.  Your AR might reach critical mass and supernova on you!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Kinda funny putting together these two brands on one rifle after all the conflict between the two manufacturers.

Anyway, thanks for the input.  I just thought that I missed a railed gas block that was high enough to be level with a handguard rail.

Thanks

Frontsight
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
After seeing the new POF upper with the troy rail and front sight, I have been looking for the exact same thing.  It has this, however it is for a gas piston so it would not work with DI.

I think it would be a great idea to have a railed gas block (w/ bayo lug) to be equal in height and continuous to the top rail so that one could put a troy front sight on it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top