Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 4:44:20 AM EDT
Has anyone experience with this barrel? What kind of accuracy are you getting?

SPECIAL PURPOSE RIFLE (SPR) Match Barrel

White Oak Armament SPECIAL PURPOSE RIFLE (SPR) Match Barrel

This SPR .223mm barrel is the product of the Army's Squad Designated Marksman Rifle Development Program, which was assigned the task of improving the accuracy of the standard issue rifle against targets out to 600 meters. This would allow the valued marksman or sniper the ability to stay concealed within the squad by carrying a weapon that looked similar to the rest. It was found that by carrying a dissimilar rifle, he had become an easily recognizable high-priority target. We offer this barrel to the tactical user or casual shooter interested in the ability hit distant targets with issued or mag length ammunition.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I recently bought an Upper from ADCO with one of these White Oak SPR Contour Barrels.  

I must say, I am very pleased with it.  It shoots Sub MOA out to 200Yds (thats as far as I have gotten to shoot it yet).  At the 100 Yd line I was getting consistently around .5 MOA using 77gr. Federal Gold Medal and closer to .75 MOA using 77gr Black Hills Remanufactured match ammo (both rounds utilize the 77gr Sierra Matchking Bullet).  

Also, it must be noted that I was only using a fixed 4X IOR scope, and a mil-spec trigger, so I'm sure my groups would have tightened up had I been using a higher power scope and a Match trigger.

Also, I have been told that these WOA barrels are actually Wilson SS Match blanks that are turned to the SPR contour by WOA.

I hope this helps
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I just came back and made a 10", 6 round group with BHs 75gr at 920yards the other day...Will post pics later this week when I take photos of the steel plate.

Great barrel...The only thing I dont like is that it really isnt that fast a barrel...I think its a Wilson barrel to begin with bu I had the same velocity out of my Pacnor 16".
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
There are better barrels, for sure, like Krieger or Rock Creek, but these are far more expensive.  White Oaks are a great value and better than moat others in that price range.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just came back and made a 10", 6 round group with BHs 75gr at 920yards the other day...Will post pics later this week when I take photos of the steel plate.

That is awesome shooting !!!  

I cannot wait to get my WOA barrel back from ADCO and get to the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top