Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:53:40 PM EDT
I've been looking to finish my "behind the seat of the truck" gun but I can't find an inexpensive flattop upper. I'm looking for a complete upper. I'm using these guys for the lowers unless someone else knows of a better price.
http://www.lonestarwholesale.com/2.html
Anyway your secret parts sources or a good source for maybye a lower grade but functional complete upper that will hit a coyote at 100 yds would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:08:00 PM EDT
Check the Equiment Exchange. All of the dealers have very good prices and are good people in general.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:33:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 8:33:46 AM EDT by boltcatch]
Really nice flat tops aren't all that much anyways. If I was buying a flat top upper right now, I'd go go for one of the Bravo Company MOS uppers. For $399 sans BCG, thats a pretty good deal for something that is chrome lined, 1/7, 4150 steel, and tested with a proof load and then MP inspected.

Another good deal out there are the CMT (Stag) uppers, you can get a complete 16" carbine upper with rear irons for $525.

If you want to spend less, just keep looking on the EE until someone decides to unload a decent brand upper - Bushmaster, RRA, CMT, etc.

It all depends on how soon you want it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:06:57 AM EDT
I myself wouldn't have a flattop for a "behind the seat of the truck gun". You have to have a BUIS on it or an optic for it to be useful. I would choose a 16" A1 upper.

Nothing to get knocked out of alignment or loose.

Just a thought.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:05:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 4:06:03 PM EDT by RatSass]
DJForrestA,

I just got an M & A Parts 16" midlength flattop upper complete from them. It is a Rock River upper and barrel. Have shot several hundred rounds so far of UMC, Black Hills Blue Box and Q3131 with ZERO problems.

Colt_SBR makes a good point, depending on what you need it to do. I mounted an A.R.M.S. #38 sleeve on mine and the sights are a tad funky compared to an A2's sights, to me anyway. It's like the small aperture isn't small enough and the large aperture is bigger than I would prefer, but it works.

But, Love the 16 middy from M & A and the price is right.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:18:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 4:19:59 PM EDT by OlBoy]
Just ordered a RRA 16" flat top from Pete at Legal Transfers for $434 shipped!! He also has ARMS 40's for 99 I think. Hard to beat!!
Top Top