Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:09:20 AM EDT
I want to buy a 16" lightweight A3 upper with a chrome lined barrel. Now I can find this setup at a couple different places but because I live in a ban state (), Many of these options are eliminated or made more expensive. Eagle Arms has an upper just how I want it (even with a Stag upper to match my Stag lower!), but in pre ban and to make it legal for me I would have to pay another $50 to have the bayo lug cutt off and a brake perm attached. Del-ton has one but without chrome lining and in pre-ban configuration. J&T seems like they don't have any ligthweight barreled uppers. The only place I can find with the upper just how I want it and post ban is Model 1 Sales (Except directly from Bushmaster but that is $100 more than most places). But I would prefer not to buy from Model 1 sales because of the quality issues of people in the past. I already have the b/bc/ch, so maybe the Model 1 would be ok, because it seems that the uppers and barrels are good. So barring finding a used Bushmaster Superlight post ban it seems like model 1 is my best bet. Any other places to suggest or thoughts? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Spend the money you saved on the stock and buy the Bushmaster barrel.  It is worth it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Bushy barrel with a CMT upper from GandRTactical would be the same cost as the Model 1 upper.  Only with the Bushy you'd be getting the better 4150 steel barrel AND it would be a true 'LW' with a .625 Front sight base - rather than a turned down HBAR.  You'd have the best of both worlds - low cost with a great barrel and a t-marked upper.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bushy barrel with a CMT upper from GandRTactical would be the same cost as the Model 1 upper.  Only with the Bushy you'd be getting the better 4150 steel barrel AND it would be a true 'LW' with a .625 Front sight base - rather than a turned down HBAR.  You'd have the best of both worlds - low cost with a great barrel and a t-marked upper.

Excellent, that is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks very much Forest.... again.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Spend the money you saved on the stock and buy the Bushmaster barrel.  It is worth it.

The stock is actually what set about this search for a lightweight 16" upper. The 20" HBAR doesn't look or feel right now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Check Eaglefirearms they have a superlight upper listed  ( Shaw Barrel ) and I believe they'll Postban it for reasonable
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Why don't you order the upper you want and "post ban" it yourself? All you have to do is cut off Part of the bayo lug and replace the flash supressor with a Wilson,Cav, or other break. Put a set screw in the comp and have someone put a spot of weld over the screw. i did 3 or 4 like that before I "de-banned" them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top