Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 1:52:10 PM EDT
Just wondering if its normal for the larue FF tube to look like someone has chewed on it. The edges of the rails between are ragged.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  Pics?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
the pics are big

image1
image2
image3
image3
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Hm I don't think that's normal, looks like even the finish is worn off, unless it's just from the lighting.  The vertical service is also uneven, can't say I've seen that on my KAC, LMT and DD rails.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
the finish is good and everything is straight.

It looks like they used a dull end mill or had the machine set up improperly when doing the cuts.

Anyone with a larue rail to compare?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine look like that and i've never really been too concerned with it.

You do have to look pretty close to spot it though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
the finish is good and everything is straight.

It looks like they used a dull end mill or had the machine set up improperly when doing the cuts.

Anyone with a larue rail to compare?

D-duck,

It is hard to tell, its either my eyes or the focus on you camera when taking those pics. I pulled my RECCEs with 12 & 13.5" FEs, they all appear near perfect (even after use). If you have an issue, I would contact the installer or LaRue. As to LT rail to compare, MSTN (Wes) has built all my RECCs. He has numerous pics. Check his Industry Forum for pics.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
that looks like its from TUMBLING

its a process after machining that rounds all the corners... basically it gets tossed in a pit of wet stones that circulates it ..

but mine is not that way....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got the rail in straight from Larue.

The last 2 pics probably show it the best if you look to the upper left and not the rail in the center of the pic.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
that looks like its from TUMBLING

its a process after machining that rounds all the corners... basically it gets tossed in a pit of wet stones that circulates it ..

but mine is not that way....

Didnt even think about that, if its from tumbling then its not a big deal. Was mostly concerned with poor machine work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top