Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 5:08:09 PM EDT
I bought a GG&G VFG about a year and a half ago storage in the grip. Beautiful finish kindof a beaded finished look "grayish" with GG&G machined on a flat on one side....

Just got another one "Exact same model" storage in the grip.... but this ones "not beaded finish" and is shiny and pure black and NO GG&G milled on a flat ... still same high quality but lacks the better finish quality..

why?

has any one else noticed this?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It does not have GG&G milled on it? Are you sure it's a GG&G?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
could be a knock off
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#3]
what is with you and finishes anyway?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what is with you and finishes anyway?

im a prefectionist i live a horible life....

pics comming and yes its a GG&G im pretty sure.. It is definatly milled...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
side by side comparison

same storage area...... The new ones a tad smaller

Notice the thread on the Darker one it is not all the way down.

This Black one was sold to me from an individual as a GG&G so I guess I don't know for sure....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the darker grip is actually an older GG&G.  I remember seeing the Blackwater vendors selling grips like that at funshows, they listed them as GG&G.  Mine was purchased much later and has the matte finish.  

Like I said, I'm not sure, so maybe it's a clone, but at least it looks high quality.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one a couple months ago at SAR Show it was in a factory sealed bag & it look like the grey one!  Does the black one in factoy bag?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top