Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:33:47 PM EDT
I have a 20" precision setup and a 16" close/medium range setup and I'm trying to decide what muzzle device to put on each. I have one Vortex and one Phantom 5C2. I'm leaning toward the Vortex on the 20" for the possible accuracy advantage but it is also the one more likely to be fired prone so the closed bottom of the Phantom might be useful. I'm sure I'm wasting too much thought on something that makes little difference but I figured I'd get the ARF.com input. I have access to additional Phantoms and Vortexs so I could do both the same also. Oh yeah, they both have A2s on now (factory RRAs), which I could keep.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:06:33 AM EDT
[#1]
i have both and dont notice the difference other than the closed bottom.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:12:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with a Vortex on my 20" AR. It's not a precision AR persay but it is my medium range rifle so the slight accuracy boost that the Vortex gives helps.

for my 16" AR, I went with a Phantom (the one with teeth) since this rifle is a short to medium range rifle. I figure if I ever need to poke something with the rifle, the Phantom's teeth will help to make my point.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:14:48 AM EDT
[#3]
double tap
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Phantom(s).
I have two on ARs and one on a FAL para.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't see the point on a 20inch.  The A2 FH and M855 has almost no flash allready.  

ON the 16 or anything below if you have the choice I'ld go with Vortex but it seems that either work well- the Vortex just helps give you a little accuracy.  

"I went with a Vortex on my 20" AR. It's not a precision AR persay but it is my medium range rifle so the slight accuracy boost that the Vortex gives helps. "

I guess that would be the only reason.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"I went with a Vortex on my 20" AR. It's not a precision AR persay but it is my medium range rifle so the slight accuracy boost that the Vortex gives helps. "

I guess that would be the only reason.

I should mention that another reason I put the Vortex on the 20" AR is because I had no other rifle to put it on when I put the Phantom on my 16".
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top