Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 6:45:22 PM EDT
I already tried the "search" feature.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
THey are exactly the same as the Troy rails.  Samson makes the rails for Troy and then Troy rebrands the rails.  Save some money and buy the Samson.  

BTW, I have two and am thinking about a third for my 9mm upper.  I really like how there is no gap between the rail and upper.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
+1

I have two Samsons also, a mid length (9-inch) and a rifle full length (12-inch) models.

I like them because of the easy installation, gapless rail and their high quality.

I bought mine from Talon Arms, highly recommended.

Talon Arms thread at the Equipment Exchange link

Samson Mfg new website link
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, with the Samsons, you can add custom engraving to the rail, as it's an option that they offer.

The Samson differs just slightly from the Troy counterpart as they incorporate an additional screw on the lower rail that aids in securing the rail.

+1 for Talon Arms!

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I like mine.  It's stable as heck (no problems whatsoever)

Another +1 for samson and talon!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
THey are exactly the same as the Troy rails.  Samson makes the rails for Troy and then Troy rebrands the rails.  Save some money and buy the Samson.  

BTW, I have two and am thinking about a third for my 9mm upper.  I really like how there is no gap between the rail and upper.

Not sure how you would be saving any money. TROY rails are the same price if not cheaper and come with 3 TD rail covers!

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#7]
How does the diameter compare to a KAC, Daniel Defense or LaRue FF RAS? If there is one thing I can't stand is the ultra fat profiles found on tubes such as those available from Yankee Hill, etc.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
THey are exactly the same as the Troy rails.  Samson used to makes the rails for Troy as a subcontractor and then Troy rebrands the rails Samson started making them on thier own using the Troy design, currently in court to decide who has rights to what.  Save some money and buy the Samson. Sure about that?

I don't have a dog in this fight but had to fix the quote above. I do however own a Troy rail and it's fine by me. I prefer the LaRue FF myself.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How does the diameter compare to a KAC, Daniel Defense or LaRue FF RAS? If there is one thing I can't stand is the ultra fat profiles found on tubes such as those available from Yankee Hill, etc.

It's wider then the others. If I were to guess, probably like a M4 hand guard.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Is that with or without a rail panel in place (like KAC, etc)?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I can't give you real specifics like that without the rifle in front of me. In general the Troy/Samson is wider then the DD/Larue type FF.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't give you real specifics like that without the rifle in front of me. In general the Troy/Samson is wider then the DD/Larue type FF.

The DD rails are ROUGHLY the same width as the M4 handguard with MagPul XT panels on them, so if the Samson/Troy is wider than DD, then it would be without panels.

I LUV my DD rails.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top