Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2005 3:12:45 PM EDT
i was just clicking around on the armalite site and saw their SPR barrel.  i want to swap in a "mid-weight" barrel on my varmint rig.  this barrel is chrome lined with a 1/9 twist.  i was wondering if any of you guys have ran these barrels (if so what do you think of them).  i only need about 1moa to 300yds.  the barrel i am swapping out is a M16a1 1/12 twist.  it tends to heat up fast and won't stabilize the heavier bullets i want to occasionally shoot.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I may have a 20" SPR barrel available soon.  I'm getting an almost new complete SPR rifle and considering  converting it to a shorty.  The guy I'm getting the rifle from sent pics of some nice groups he shot with it.  You can email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
is it an Armalite SPR barrel you mentioned?  i would like to see the pics of the groups if it is.  i'm not interested in buying it, though.  i prefer to break in my own brand new barrel and bolt.  thanks for the offer, i appreciate it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had one for awhile. Its a post ban with the pinned muzzle break. I haven't shot it past 200 yds  but at 200 yds it will group around 2" with Black Hills 69 gr Sierrias.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info.  looks like it'll meet my needs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one...cut it to 18" and added Phantom flash suppressor to it.

It is a solid 1 MOA barrel w/either Federal or BH 69 gr match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top