Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/10/2003 3:49:04 PM EDT
What are the chances a postban Colt 1:9 HBAR would be chrome lined?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:58:21 PM EDT
Slim to none! I bought a colt upper a few years ago (1/9 HBAR) and didn't know it wasn't Chrome lined. I don't shoot that barrel now because it's a pain in the ass to clean.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:10:08 PM EDT
i have a postban 20" hbar,bought in may of 1995. its not marked that its chromed, but it has the flashing around the bore.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:58:06 AM EDT
Hmmmm..... Colt must only chrome line barrels when they feel like it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 7:54:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/11/2003 8:01:18 AM EDT by Green0]
I would guess that all Colt barrels are chrome lined, just because it is a pain in the ass to clean doesn't mean that it is not lined. If you take a barrel and burn it up pretty good (like 300-500rds in a few minutes) [fast semi-auto applies] It can actually change the interior finish of the barrel and make it a total whore to clean. My old issue A2 M-16 had a torched barrel and I couold run about 100patches through it before they would come out white (Yeah I'm not a sadist I only did that once- after that I realized that the barrel didn't have to be surgically clean) < just run a bore brush through it about 10 times and follow with 3 wet patches and 2 dry ones. It actually seemed like maybe some of the chrome had flaked off, leaving surface irregularities that actually gave carbon a surface to bind to. I couldn't see any irregularities in the bore, it appeared smooth, but I know something was going on (my BM chrome lined barrels clean in 3-7 patches). Actually there was a 10,000 round test of two barrels (one meticulously cleaned and the other never cleaned) and both were shooting about the same at the end of the test. [b]The test peroiod was short however, people like you and I should keep the barrels clean to prevent corrosion (a rusted bore will really destroy the barrel).[/b]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:50:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:31:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Green0: I would guess that all Colt barrels are chrome lined, just because it is a pain in the ass to clean doesn't mean that it is not lined.
View Quote
Douche, you would guess WRONG! I think I know if my barrel is chrome lined or not! And as Troy said Civilian barrels aren't chromed for the most part.
Top Top