Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2003 9:07:31 AM EDT
I'm still working on my first m4gery and have been struck by all of the new telestock alternatives (VLTOR, Ace, etc) that are popping up.

A couple questions:
1. Has anyone seen pics or have info on any of these telestocks being in US Military use(SF or other)?
2. Are any of the new telestocks available in a fixed postban position?
3. Advice on which is best and why?

Many thanks!

Will
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Your best bet is to buy a telestock and mod it to fixed in the position you preffer (otherwise you will have a very long stock). That is what I would do if I didn't have a preban lower, I'ld buy the stock and just JB weld it to the tube in the position  of my choice. (or put a roll pin through the locking latch at the position I wanted it to stay at.)

Their are no fixed/collapsible Vltors (although their are rifle length Vltors, Ace stocks are pretty ugly (IMO), there are a lot of pics of Crane stocks in action on[b]www.militaryphotos.net[/b] go to US forces/ op enduring freedom/devgru folder or special operations detatchment Delta folders.  Their are also pictures of Marines with Vltors on that site and maybe some magpull pictures though I am not sure on that.

Now Vltor's, M93 Magpulls, and Ace are availible here.  If you do an EE search for Crane you might find some people selling the originals too. expect high prices on those.

Oh
1 Yes
2 Ace/Vltor
3 I have a real Crane stock and I like it, Vltor's are nice but I think my Crane is nicer, I haven't touched an M93 but that might change I might get a chance to do a review on one. The M93 looks pretty exotic; the cheek-weld looks like it would be good and it looks heavy duty.[b]Right now I'ld say the M-93 doesn't compare to Vltor//Crane as it is a different concept and with my limited knowlege I would say Crane[/b]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#2]
The Magpull M93 is also available in a fixed position, isn't it?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
1. Has anyone seen pics or have info on any of these telestocks being in US Military use(SF or other)?
View Quote

The old carbine style and enhanced (ribbed) stocks are being used by regular Army. I've seen several special operations and even some regular Army using the VLTOR. MARDET 1 (the new Marine addition to USSOCOM) is using the Magpul M93.

2. Are any of the new telestocks available in a fixed postban position?
View Quote

The old and enhanced telestocks are sold by several manufacturers in a fixed postban position. The Magpul M93 can also be obtained in an ATF approved fixed postban position and if the ban goes away it can be converted by Magpul to a regular telestock.

2. 3. Advice on which is best and why?
View Quote

I've used the old telestock, the enhanced telestock (RRA), the ACE ARFX (not collapsible), the fixed A1, fixed A2, fixed RRA entry, and Magpul M93.

Out of those stocks, the Magpul is unquestionably the best for my uses - as solid as a fixed stock and more adjustable than a telestock. It also adds a little weight to the back end to balance out the gun and has almost unlimited potential for future mods.

I hear a lot of good things about the VLTOR but haven't had a chance to try one. I didn't consider it because it had the same faults as the telestock (cheekweld half on buffer tube/half off unless running it closed or barely open) and I felt it didn't have as much potential for development.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top