Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2003 2:07:29 AM EDT
looking for front off set pins - 2 problems
1 - dpms have one that converts .250 uppers to 5/16 lowers - i have a colt hbar that i have just measured, and it measures 7.9mm - over 3/8 of an inch! will the pin be tight enough?
2 - some companies want a $500.00 order and a $100 fee for processing it - due to state department permits - im only looking at spending usd$10-15 plus postage for the pins - ive already bought a rifle and replacemt upper - any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Last time I did a metric to inch conversion, 7.9mm converted to .3225 inch---5/16ths of an inch[:D]. Now, if I were you, I'd contact CDNN Investments ([url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url])and see if you can persuade them to sell you one of their conversion pins. It's the best one on the market, since it doesn't get out of position every time you open the action, like all the others.

Re the export thing, I can't believe that a single small part, a double sided screw at that, would require export licenses and such, but I'm no expert at that sort of thing. Perhaps the folks at CDNN would know.

Good Luck.

Edited to Add:  If CDNN won't do the export, contact me by e mail and I'll see what we can work out[:D]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
brillant! - thanks for your help - people that know anything about ar,s are very few and far between in New Zealand - an a2 colt in reaonable condition goes for between $6000 - $8000 nz$ - parts are just about impossible so we have no choice but to import with all of the associated hassles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top