Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2003 4:35:58 PM EDT
I'm sure this question has been answered here before, but since I am a newbie, here goes.  Does simply milling off the bayonet lug ears, thereby rendering the lug inoperable yet leaving the lug profile on the barrel, satisfy the postban "no bayonet lug" requirement?  Thanks for any help provided.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the entire "evil" lug has to be removed.  We simply can not have gang bangers conducting bayonet charges with an AR-15!

Pray for the sunset of the Klinton assault weapon ban next September, and join the NRA!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
shaving the ears should be good enough.

it will render the lug inoperable The Bayo won't stay on.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
[i]I'm tempted to add this disclaimer to my signature:[/i] UNLESS YOU LIVE IN A STATE WITH A STATE-SIGNED AWB, I would advise you to reconsider altering the bayonet lug, as the (National) AWB will expire in under a year. If you have the patience put it in a closet & wait. No big deal otherwise (unless of course you want a real lug after 9/04. In that case "I told you so" in advance).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top