Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2003 3:30:17 PM EDT
Considered to be a flash hider, as well as one of the features that would count towards classifying it as an Assault weapon?

I have a post-ban Bushmaster, with a Mini Y-comp Muzzle break,and a pistol grip that protrudes below the action....so with the allowed detachable magazine...Is that three, or just two of the features allowed? I ask because I want to know if I can put on a 6 position CAR stock, and still have it be a legal post ban rifle? I am thinking because the Mini Y-comp isn't technically a flash hider, this would be ok??

Thanks guys in advance for your time,
db
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Considered to be a flash hider, as well as one of the features that would count towards classifying it as an Assault weapon?

I have a post-ban Bushmaster, with a Mini Y-comp Muzzle break,and a pistol grip that protrudes below the action....so with the allowed detachable magazine...Is that three, or just two of the features allowed? I ask because I want to know if I can put on a 6 position CAR stock, and still have it be a legal post ban rifle? I am thinking because the Mini Y-comp isn't technically a flash hider, this would be ok??

Thanks guys in advance for your time,
db
View Quote

No, it's not a flash hider/supressor, and no you can't have a telestock on your postban rifle.  You can only have one "evil feature," an that would be the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the Law understood in that a Post-Ban rifle can only have two "evil" features? I read it to mean that three "evil" features are allowed, one being the given "detachable magazine", and two more, from the following options..."flash hider"--"bayonet lug"--"retractable stock"--"pistol grip".  

Federal Law states a rifle can be no shorter than 26" and with a CAR 6 position stock it would be 32" closed all the way. IF the Mini Y comp is not a flash hider, then what I am missing? I don't get this crap...No one said anything about what features a rifle can have in the 2nd ammendment!
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
People always group the detctchable mag in with the evil feature, when in fact it's part of the definition,  A Semiauto rifle capable that can accept a detatchable magazine that hold more than 10 rounds...

Ie. the FAB Cali legal lowers with a fixed 10 rounder are not included.  Then you could not have 2 or more of the following, Pistol grip, folding stock, Flash supressor or threaded muzzle able to suport a grenade launcher, or a bayo lug.  If 2 were ok, the major manufacturer would have Flash supressor availible for their Post Ban rifles.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
A rifle becomes an evil "assault weapon" if it is semi-auto, has a detachable magazine and has TWO of the "evil" features.  This means that your post-ban can only have ONE "evil" feature.  Your feature is the pistol grip.  If you add any more of those "evil" features (ie. collapsible stock, flash hider, bayonet lug, etc.), you will have built an illegal assault weapon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I got it now.....

What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top