Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 5:12:05 PM EDT
First time poster, I just got bit by the AR bug.  It is tough to compete in the local 3-gun matches with my M1A, the ranges are too short.  So, I started looking.  I had my local dealer price a RRA A4 carbine today but I think they are too high and need opinions.  $765???  I thought RRA were going to be cheaper than this.  I plan on putting an Aimpoint on it.  I would go for the Bushmaster, but all the flattops list a carry handle with them, which is useless to me.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I paid $800 for my RRA. I think it's a great gun, much better than either Colt or Bushmaster. It's worth the extra money to me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If you get the Bushmaster you can always sell the carry handle on the EE...
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Also don't forget the RRA comes with a 2 stage trigger, if you wanted to sell it to recoup some of the cost....

J
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Then build your own for less by buying a kit and lower.  Hang around EE board and auction boards to piece together your own on the cheap.
You can do it for around $500, not including accessories or match triggers.  I traded to get an RRA match trigger cheap.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I want a complete SPR from MSTN for $500...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top