Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 5:54:27 AM EDT
Right now I plan on building a post ban rifle with just a plain barrel. No muzzle break or fake anything. If the AWB ends, i'll probably want to add a flash suppressor.

Will this be something I can do at home? I'm thinking that if I want to maintain a 16" barrell that it would require machining. Would it be easier to install the flash suppressor if I bought a version with a muzzle break now?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:11:04 AM EDT
I'd suggest modifying a preban barrel when you build the rifle. Install a Cav Comp with it's blind pin into a slight dimple in the barrel treads. When (and if) the time comes, drill out the pin and screw on a FS. You'll also need to grind the evil bayo lug off... This will be far easier than having to machine and thread a postban barrel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:47:25 AM EDT
ah, i was afraid of all that. since I'm attempting to minimize effort and expense, i think i'll just assume that one day, if and when the ban expires, i'll be getting an extra uppper. thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:48:00 AM EDT
If I didn't know you were a FED, I'd recommend buying what you want the first time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:01:58 AM EDT
Is it legal to have a pre-ban upper and a post ban lower and just don't attach the two? I won't do this, but it's an interesting legal hypothetical at least....
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:48:30 AM EDT
You can send it to KKF...I think he does perform threading jobs. I know I'm sending two of mine when the time comes.
Top Top