User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

It's kind of interesting that:

B that he has the hood on his holster rotated forward when he is not using the weapon (maybe the tension screws are very tight?) and in that case maybe he only uses the hood for airborne drops...
View Quote

It is a widely accpeted practice to do this.  Pat Rogers has mentioned on other forums that it is SOP for USMC Force Recon to have the hoods of their 6004's disengaged during DA raids.  I do the same when on tactical assignments.  Its a quick flip to secure the weapon if I anticpipate getting into a wrestling match.

C Why do all these guys have OD tape on the bottom of there holsters? does it quiet scraping sounds against walls etc. that most likely come from the bottom of the holster?
View Quote

I do the same on both my pistol holster, as well as the SureFire V70 holster/SureFire G2Z that I have mounted on my belt.  It prevents a "Light AD" from giving away your position.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Using just the retention screw makes sense after insertion.  The rotating hood of the 6004 will sometimes bind against the drop strap if you are kneeling or standing on stairs with your strong side foot up a step or two.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm curious what form of sling system the guys are wearing?

Both the guy in the far back right, who's stock is angled up seems to have a sling looped through his carbine stock sling loop.  Nothing else visible.

The guy bending down seems to also have something looped through his stock slots but nothing else.  Doesnt appear to have a single point reciever plate or any sling coming from that area!

Any ideas out there?  Could they have their carbines slung directly to their armor/AV's?

Interesting!
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#5]
That comment reminds me of my favorite sling.  (looped through the swivel only)

My favorite setup I thought up while watching my brother play the game SOCOM US NAVY SEALS (for PS2).  The depicted computor genreated operator uses a sling that he uses that allows him to swing his weapon to his back for rapid transition to breaching tools, handgun, flex cuffs etc.

I took my CQB solutions sling and stripped it down, got rid of the quick release buckle and mounted the strap (just one strap not an complicated setup) on the front RAS swivel mount and rear Colt stock swivel of my guns. The keeper in back needs to be about 8-10inches from the swivel or it will be uncomfortable in your armpit or on your back.  

It works great (just like the video game) allows me easier tranition to sidearms, grenades, etc.  All I have to do is swing the rifle around and it its on my back and then reach back and pull it forward and it is back in action.  This method also does not interfere with shouldering (as many CQB slings do) the swivel is very close to the armpit and the sling just goes under my armpit.

[b]And if you need the added security of a 3 point sling for repells etc I just hook the sling over my left shoulder to a caribener[SIC]  so it cannot slip off.[/b]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#6]
A sling only attached to the rear sling loop on the stock is popular with some soldiers. Allows weapon to pivot off one shoulder and doesnt get caught up in your kevlar if you have to unsling rapidly . Saw it in use with MP's and guy's doing TCP all over there. Not uncommon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dude on the right is packin a 1911. Gee, I thought only the marines carried 1911s.
View Quote

Yeah, and he has the grip safety taped down with what looks to be electrical tape.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude on the right is packin a 1911. Gee, I thought only the marines carried 1911s.
View Quote

Yeah, and he has the grip safety taped down with what looks to be electrical tape.
View Quote

Far more likely to be rubber inner tube than electrical tape.  Electrical tape doesnt stick for shit, especially in a hot environment.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd second the above post!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top