Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 4:35:15 AM EDT
All rumor at this point, But I have heard this from 2 different Rock River stocking dealers over the last 60 days..

Does this mean we will be able to get 4150 chrome lined barrels now?

Anyone have any solid info on Gov't sales by Rock River?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:11:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I seriously doubt it, but would be interested to know if it were true. Somehow I doubt they have the capacity to pump out all the rifles a contract like that would require. However good their product is, they are a new... small company. A contract like that would likely require more rifles than they have ever made so far. Maybe I'm way off base. If so just lemme know.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:21:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt holds the patent on the specs for the M4 and amazingly their specs are the same as the military's.

Colt will continue to be the sole supplier of the M4 series.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#3]
How old is Colt's patent???
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Rock River has a DEA contract for M4s.  this much is confirmed.  It is very unlikely they have the gov't M4(military) contract.  the dealers are just taking the DEA contract and add some color to the story.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I have heard that RRA picked up a few GOV contracts.  If correct, that gives them the legit right to say they are a government supplier.

Just remember, that could be as simple as the Chief of police ordering 3 AR15s for his 3 officer department.  It would still be a government contract.

Its all in how you look at things.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
RRA got the lion's share of the recent DEA contract.  Other DOJ agencies are also allowed to piggyback onto it.  You might also notice that they don't advertise that they are a gov't/military/anything else supplier...their dealers seem to be creative in their own marketing, at times.
I know for a fact that they do have their rifles out there with literally hundreds of police departments, both as department-and individual-officer purchased weapons, and that they have supplied parts and pieces to various government and military services, as well as complete rifles.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The Government does contract to numerous suppliers of spare parts that meet the mil-spec.  Supplying complete rifles made to M4 spec is an entirely different thing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I have it on good authority that the DEA/FBI contract was shared by Colt (M4), RRA (M4) and SIG (551). How the actual procurement will shape up remains to be seen.

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Given the amount of BS I have heard from gun dealers, I wouldn't trust what they said about government contracts for a second.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:39:29 AM EDT
[#10]
if i heard correctly thats the contract that DPMS lost. allowing us to get the 14.5inch 4150 chrome lined barrels via CMMG
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
From what I understand, the 4150 barrels are CMMG's idea.  They just commit to a large enough run to get them made the way they want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top