Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 10:05:01 AM EDT
I have checked the comparison charts and have researched Bushmaster, RRA, Olympic, J&T, M&A, and Model 1.  It seems as though my only choice in getting a 16" chrome-lined bbl in a flat-top upper WITHOUT a muzz brake (must be post ban) is to go with Bushmasters 16" M4 post ban upper or 16" heavy post ban upper (both in the mid $500 range).  Can anybody point at some other complete uppers.  Am I stuck building?  I dont care about bbl profile, my only musts are 16", chrome-lined, flat-top, forged upper and sight base.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Your almost always better off building.

Buy a barrel assembly you like and buy a upper reciever and delta ring pack and you have everything you need for less money.

I wouldn't buy the Bushy upper they are overpriced.  IF you want M4 ramps the LMT uppers MSTN sells are the only uppers besides Colt on the market with forged in ramps and they are a lot cheaper than Colt.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Well after posting this I emailed Pete at Legal Transfers and Steve at ADCO about what I was looking for and they both said they could build a RRA upper with a chrome-lined m4 profile bbl.  At prices much less than Bushy.  What are M4 ramps, what is the advantage over.. uhh .. 'non' M4 ramps???

EDITED TO ADD:
Building anything is pretty much a task that I engage in with as much enthusiasm as a car crash.  It's not that I don't enjoy doing most things myself (sex excluded) its just that I am inept at most everything.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I Can anybody point at some other complete uppers.
View Quote

Bushmaster V-match (you can order front sights with it)

Bushmaster Lightweight (my new favorite)

I dont care about bbl profile, my only musts are 16", chrome-lined, flat-top, forged upper and sight base.
View Quote

That limits you to 4 choices:
1) Bushmaster - HBAR, 16" M4, Lightweight, Dissapator, M4 Dissapator; all with or without a free float system (and you have choices with that as well).  This company will have the most options to choose from.

2) Colt - I don't what they sell as uppers - but a good Colt shop like S.A.W. should be able to put one together for you in a variety of configurations

3) Armalite - limited to 16" mid length HBAR barrels

4) Rock River Arms (for the chrome lined you're limited to their M4 profile)
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Do yourself a favor and buy a custom RRA/M4 profile postban barreled upper from Pete at Legal Transfers!  His work is BETTER than factory, and it will give you the preban look, with a non-braked barrel.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Rockhound, I sent you an Instant Message.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:24:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Kisara, does instant message come to my regular email?  I got nothing.  CMMG, I did get your email.  I was offered a chrome-lined RRA flat top for substantially less.  What would the DPMS upper have to offer that the RRA does not?  That is not meant as a jab, I seriously would like to know the answer.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:16:32 AM EDT
[#9]
i bought one of the dpms m4 uppers from cmmg and it is very nice much better fit and finish then my 2 bushys.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is no problem, no offense taken.  The DPMS barrel is made of 4150 steel, is 5.56 chamber and is 1/7 twist--that means the barrel is built to mil spec.  All DPMS receivers are anodized per mil spec and then teflon coated for extra duribility.  The upper comes with bolt, carrier, charging handle and M4 handguards.  Also, we have these in stock.

Jeff
View Quote

Don't forget the M4 extended feed ramps![;)]

Rockhound,

I also have a CMMG upper and they are excellent, reliable and accurate!

I'm not saying the RRA is no good, only that that the CMMG/DPMS upper has some advantages.

To get more info on the CMMG upper see my posts below...[:D]

[url= http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=162739] M4 Project Notes[/url]

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=164401]CMMG M4 Upper Reliabilty Test[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top