Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2003 8:38:27 PM EDT
How long does Bushmaster normally take to get items shipped? I ordered a new upper and side sling mount over the weekend, and I'm hoping to have it before this next weekend, but I realize it will take a while to travel here to AZ, even if they get it out quick.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what upper you ordered.. or more to the point, what barrel is being installed in the upper.

BM is usually very quick to get parts out the door. Usually ships next business day. But if you order an upper with any of the military type barrels you should settle in for a bit of a wait. You might get lucky and hit them just as a batch comes in, but don't count on it. It took them almost 9 weeks to fill my order for a 14.5" M4 profile barrel.

They never would give me a shipping date. I was told that Military and LEO orders are highest priority for pre-ban configs or military profile barrels. Civie orders take a back seat and wait until they have filled all LEO/Mil orders.

Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I would imagine that with Bushmaster's repuation for customer service, they give you a pretty accurate idea of what they do and don't have. Was this your experience, LiveFire?

I, too, ordered a 14.5" M4 profile post-ban barrel, so hopefully they have a few lying around.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:49:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I would imagine that with Bushmaster's repuation for customer service, they give you a pretty accurate idea of what they do and don't have. Was this your experience, LiveFire?

I, too, ordered a 14.5" M4 profile post-ban barrel, so hopefully they have a few lying around.
View Quote

BM customer service was honest and up front from the day I ordered the barrel. They told me flat out that I had ordered the most popular Mil profile barrel they make and that it could be ten weeks or more. They explained the mil/leo priority policy quite clearly. In fact they never made any false promises. My shipping date was 'As soon as we can'. I'd rather have honesty than false promises.

BTW, Like Troy stated, all manufactures seem to have this policy. The BM M4 was worth the wait!

Good luck with the new upper!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BM customer service was honest and up front from the day I ordered the barrel.
View Quote

I wish I could say the same.  I ordered my post ban LW barrel in March and it was implied it would be shipping the next week when the new batch came in.

Needless to say it didn't ship the next week.

It took 12 weeks to arrive.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently ordered a 16" Heavy Barrel Kit from Bushmaster.

It took 7 1/2 weeks to arrive.

I knew that it would take a while when I ordered it, but it was worth the wait...
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered this Saturday, they shipped today, arrival expected next Monday.

Got an A2 upper and a light 20" barrel.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BM customer service was honest and up front from the day I ordered the barrel.
View Quote

I wish I could say the same.  I ordered my post ban LW barrel in March and it was implied it would be shipping the next week when the new batch came in.

Needless to say it didn't ship the next week.

It took 12 weeks to arrive.
View Quote

Yep. I got pretty much the same thing. Each time I called, one of the customer service reps would tell me that they would [b]try[/b] to grab one out of the next batch. They never [b]promised[/b] it would ship though... Even when I pressed for a firm date, they would not commit. That's honest enough for me.

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I ordered an all black version of the upper on the Bushmaster 25TH anniversary rifle and was told that it would take at least 3 to 4 weeks before it shipped.  2 days after I ordered, I got an e-mail that Bushmaster was shipping an item to me.  I was amazingly surprised when I called Bushmaster and they said that it was the upper that I ordered.  3 days later I got my new upper.  I just think however that I lucked out.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Took me 4 months to get my 20" A2 "gov't profile" barrel.  BM didn't charge my card until the barrel shipped, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top