Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 7:48:39 AM EDT
To my surprise, a non-descript USPS box came in the mail this weekend. Not remembering I asked to be put on the waiting list for a John Holliger AR-15 trigger, I didn't know what it was till I opened it up.

The trigger is a modified RRA national match trigger. The instructions were clear and had step-by-step safety checks. Replacing the old trigger with the new Holliger trigger took 7 minutes.

I own an Anschutz rifle, so I have felt how good triggers can get. In my humble opinion, the John Holliger trigger is excellent. It feels to be about 4.5lbs, with a very crisp break with little overtravel. In short, I love it, and at around $120 + shipping, it seems like a great value.

I'll be sending my check today to John and hitting the range on Tuesday.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:44:29 PM EDT
John is the man with the RRAs triggers he reworks. I have felt RRAs tirrges and they are quite good but Once john gets done with them it is like having a glass rod in your finger, you pull and it snaps cleanly. Best bang for the buck out there in my opinion. IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:45:29 PM EDT
I've been using one for several months and agree with your review completely. It is a fine trigger at a good price. Ed
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:50:22 AM EDT
I have two of John's triggers--one in an SPR, the other in an "M4gery", and they are outstanding. John takes the already-excellent RRA match trigger, and works a lilltle extra magic on it. They are a great value for the money.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:14:31 PM EDT
I ordered one a while ago for my SPR project. It didn't get here in time, so I picked up a KAC at a reasonable price. The Holliger tuned RRA arrived today. Dropping it into a Bushmaster lower, I am quite pleased. In comparison to the Knight's trigger, the first stage is a little less consistent, but the letoff is crisp and uniform.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:36:22 PM EDT
I just received my package today - can't wait to put it in my Bushmaster Varminter, although that trigger is very good, so far.
Top Top