Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 3:49:47 PM EDT
I have a Colt light weight sporter with the thin barrel profile, standard carbine handguards, A2 carry handle. I want to put a RAS on it, is the M4 RAS the one I need?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You need RIS or FF RAS.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
You can use the RAS or the RIS unless you are looking to free-float.  Then the FF-RAS or the RAS II would be what you need.

[url]http://www.quarterbore.com/kac/kacrisras.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are using an A2 upper, then you can forget about the RAS II. I don't think the RAS will fit the barrel you have. Abri is right, the RIS or FF RAS is what you want. Personally, the FF RAS is worth the extra couple of bucks. Either way, you will be happy. Contact  Wes @ MSTN.BIZ he will take care of you.
Steve.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Duh, forgot he said A2...no RAS II for you.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the RIS sturdy enought for an Aimpoint? Will it hold zero?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#6]
The Rail Interface System (RIS) is for smaller type carbine barrels i.e. 9mm or something of that nature if you take a measurement of the barrel diameter right behind the shield of where the front parts of the handgaurds go and get a measurement of .610 then the RIS is for you, If the measurement you get is from .835 to .855 then the RAS is for you. That is the most defining difference from the RIS and the RAS the other big difference is where the set screw is located RIS being at the top front of the handgaurd and the RAS being at the top back... Hope this helps you out...
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top