Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 6:03:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 6:05:16 PM EDT by urbankaos04]
Okay, now I see that ARMS will be making a mid-length ARMS SIR...that's cool, but when are they going to make a full-lengths SIR for my CUT DOWN 20" barrel that is 16" in length now?

But, since I want to use a TRIJICON TA31 on my setup the ARMS won't do (the scope will be to high on the ARMS'top rail). So, I guess what I really need is a full length RAS II!!! Yeah, that's the ticket.

If I wasn't set on using the TA31, I guess I just could purchase a mid-length barrel/upper...but I really want to be able to use the TA31...I guess I'll just have to wait patiently..
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:21:52 PM EDT
Will they ever make a full-length FF rails sytesm???
View Quote
Ok...I'm kinda lost here.... [url]http://quarterbore.com/kac/kacffras.html[/url] Look under the heading of [b]M-4 Match/Sniper Free Floating R.A.S.[/b] Hit [url]http://www.mstn.biz[/url], and under Knights Armaments, RAS Forends, there is a Long FF RAS forend, which I believe is pretty much the same as above. Is that not an FF rail system?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:45:56 PM EDT
Uhm yeah - see hard cases's answer KAC has the FFRAS in Long/Rifle length, and you can use the PRI tube as well you dont need to use the ARMS sleeve with it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:37:36 AM EDT
If you want to put an ACOG on top of a SIR, the difference in height is rather minimal. It is a difference, but it is hardly extreme and not something I would let keep me from using it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:41:45 AM EDT
Just like New-ARGuy, I too run my ACOG on the ARMS rail. The difference is really minimal. If the SIR is what you want, it is a good choice. KAC FF RAS is also a good choice.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:29:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2003 2:27:24 PM EDT by urbankaos04]
Ooops, shoulda been clearer (I kinda just posted on a whim). I want a FF system that is easily put on and taken off like the ARMS SIR C or the RASII. Yeah, I know about the KAC FF RAS, but that doesn't fit the criteria. By the way, I also had a PRI GEN II tube, but I sold it cuz I didn't like the fact that I couldn't readily take it off (shoulda kept it, but I sold it to a good friend of mine and he put to good use). [b]SMGLee and new-arguy:[/b] HEY! So when ARMS realease their FULL LENGTH SIR I'll have what I'm looking for. I thought I had read in another post on this board that having an TA31 or TA11 on an ARMS SIR would be simply be a no-no because of the increased height. And that's why the RASII was the rail system of choice if one wanted to go with an ACOG. Hmm...and as a matter of fact, I thought is was new-arguy that made that comment...but I guess I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:41:13 AM EDT
Yes, I would like to see some full length FF system that is user-install/detachable.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:39:56 AM EDT
It is not a no no to use an ACOG on a rail. It is less than the height difference you would have on an M14 with optics mounted. It may not be poerfect but its far, far from unusable.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:21:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2003 12:47:13 PM EDT by inkaybee]
I stayed away from rail systems for a long time too. One reason was I'didn't think I could handle removing the Front Sight Base. On day I decided to try and it was a peice of cake. If your Muzzel Device is not perminatly attached, go try to drift out your taper pins. If they move easy the rest of the operation will be a snap. This could open up a lot of options for you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:01:04 PM EDT
Hey guys even though they (A.R.M.S.) said they are going to release a full length S.I.R., I think it would still be a good idea to email them saying that you want one! And if you have a full length AR-10 tell'em you want for that too!!
Top Top