Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 6:03:48 PM EDT
Okay, now I see that ARMS will be making a mid-length ARMS SIR...that's cool, but when are they going to make a full-lengths SIR for my CUT DOWN 20" barrel that is 16" in length now?

But, since I want to use a TRIJICON TA31 on my setup the ARMS won't do (the scope will be to high on the ARMS'top rail).  So, I guess what I really need is a full length RAS II!!!  Yeah, that's the ticket.

If I wasn't set on using the TA31, I guess I just could purchase a mid-length barrel/upper...but I really want to be able to use the TA31...I guess I'll just have to wait patiently..
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Will they ever make a full-length FF rails sytesm???  
View Quote

Ok...I'm kinda lost here....

[url]http://quarterbore.com/kac/kacffras.html[/url]
Look under the heading of [b]M-4 Match/Sniper Free Floating R.A.S.[/b]

Hit [url]http://www.mstn.biz[/url], and under Knights Armaments, RAS Forends, there is a Long FF RAS forend, which I believe is pretty much the same as above. Is that not an FF rail system?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Uhm yeah - see hard cases's answer

KAC has the FFRAS in Long/Rifle length,
and you can use the PRI tube as well you dont need to use the ARMS sleeve with it.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:37:36 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want to put an ACOG on top of a SIR, the difference in height is rather minimal. It is a difference, but it is hardly extreme and not something I would let keep me from using it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:41:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Just like New-ARGuy, I too run my ACOG on the ARMS rail. The difference is really minimal.  If the SIR is what you want, it is a good choice.  KAC FF RAS is also a good choice.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Ooops, shoulda been clearer (I kinda just posted on a whim).  I want a FF system that is easily put on and taken off like the ARMS SIR C or the RASII.  Yeah, I know about the KAC FF RAS, but that doesn't fit the criteria.  By the way, I also had a PRI GEN II tube, but I sold it cuz I didn't like the fact that I couldn't readily take it off (shoulda kept it, but I sold it to a good friend of mine and he put to good use).

[b]SMGLee and new-arguy:[/b]

HEY! So when ARMS realease their FULL LENGTH SIR I'll have what I'm looking for.  I thought I had read in another post on this board that having an TA31 or TA11 on an ARMS SIR would be simply be a no-no because of the increased height.  And that's why the RASII was the rail system of choice if one wanted to go with an ACOG.  Hmm...and as a matter of fact, I thought is was new-arguy that made that comment...but I guess I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I would like to see some full length FF system that is user-install/detachable.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#7]
It is not a no no to use an ACOG on a rail.  It is less than the height difference you would have on an M14 with optics mounted.  It may not be poerfect but its far, far from unusable.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I stayed away from rail systems for a long time too.  One reason was I'didn't think I could handle removing the Front Sight Base.  On day I decided to try and it was a peice of cake.  If your Muzzel Device is not perminatly attached, go try to drift out your taper pins.  If they move easy the rest of the operation will be a snap.  This could open up a lot of options for you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey guys even though they (A.R.M.S.) said they are going to release a full length S.I.R., I think it would still be a good idea to email them saying that you want one!

And if you have a full length AR-10 tell'em you want for that too!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top