Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 7:37:00 PM EDT
Once again I've discovered another candidate in my search for a top notch varmint rifle. From what I see and read on the website this baby looks preety sweet. Any educated opinions?
--RR
http://www.lesbaer.com/
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:24:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Rock River
Bushmaster
spend the difference on  high quality scope, and rings
The varmint wont know or care how prestiguous a weapon he is "mistafied" by
[:)]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a guy at my range shoot truly sick groups with a Les Baer...pretty much one ragged 9mm or smaller sized hole at 100 yards, and there were a BUNCH of them on the paper.  At $2000 or so, it's a *little* pricy for me...but it was a beautiful rifle, and if my budget allowed, I'd probably have one.  

Having said that, my mix 'n match Armalite/Eagle 20" rifle will shoot sub MOA all day, and is capable of 1/2" IF I can do my part...I get lucky occasionally!  I paid $800 for the upper and lower w/ match trigger.  So, you gotta ask, is that 1/4" or so worth $1200?  For $2000, you could get 2 ARs, AND put a pretty good piece of glass on one of them.  

Once again, though, if your budget allows it, go for it!  I certainly don't think you'll be disappointed.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The Les Baer is a great rifle but the cost is extremely high. I reccomend:

Buy:

1 SET fitted upper and lower from LES BAER $300
2 1 Jewel trigger $175?
3 lower completion kit $60 (I have one for $30 shipped without hammer, trigger disconnector that are included with the Jewel unit)
4 A2 buttstock $60
5 Krieger double cryoed heavy barrel with gas block $500
6 Free float tube (whichever you want).

[b]The Krieger barrel will outshoot the Les BAer barrel and the gun will cost about $1200 as opposed to the LesBaer $2400[/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top