Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 9:31:06 PM EDT
I want to do some experimenting for a project that I've gotten involved in and I need a few barrels that don't cost an arm and a leg.

I'm sure that there are tons of used GI barrels out there or even barrels that were taken off guns that were being customized.

Any ideas where I can locate all of these barrels?

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
the equipment exchange, Sarco (see sgn) and ebay.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Used GI barrels are cut in half before they're surplussed thanks to Klinton. Check the EE for cheap barrels. Cheap uppers show up a lot, you could always grab one of those and throw the receiver back on the EE.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got an Oly barrel, cut to 10.5", the threaded portion is definitly not coencentric to the bore, and the upper portion of the sight tower was cut off with hacksaw, still have the part. It is a 1x12 twist, but I really don't think it is actually over 500 rounds through it.  I'll take $50, you can make a 9.5" or shorter using a  pistol gas port/tube location.

I also have a DPMS SS Bull barrel, bought it as a 16", had it cut to 12" and SOCOM Mfg did the thread. Paid $240 for the barrel, add threading. Let go for $150, add shipping.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Used GI barrels are cut in half before they're surplussed thanks to Klinton.
View Quote

Should have guessed that was the situation. God knows that military surplus barrels are at the root of all crime in this country.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
so how did i buy 2 m16a2 barrels last year that were well used??????

Quoted:
Used GI barrels are cut in half before they're surplussed thanks to Klinton. Check the EE for cheap barrels. Cheap uppers show up a lot, you could always grab one of those and throw the receiver back on the EE.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
so how did i buy 2 m16a2 barrels last year that were well used??????

Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

Foreign surplus? Pre-executive order surplus? I dunno, I can't seem to find my magic crystal ball right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top