Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/3/2003 10:57:23 PM EDT
OK, I have my 2001 LEGP with RRA fixed collapsible stock - it has to go.

I would like to put my recently purchased Fulton Armory adjustable stock on it.

What spanner tool should I buy to remove the current stock? Also, it seesmt o be a full length tube and buffer assembly - am I right in that assumption? If so, where is a good place to buy both? Will the Bushmaster tube fit?

Finally, how important is torque in installation of the tube? I noticed the one spanner tool with a built in handle makes no provision for a torque wrench.

Is there any other parts / tools I will need replace / buy?

Adam
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:33:19 PM EDT
Im nat familiar with Fultons stock... can you provide a link?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:37:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:10:18 PM EDT
Wow - you this is more complicated than I thought. I was just wondering if I needed to worry about breaker bars and torque wrenches - now it seems there are two types of spanners! The stock in question is the same size as the RRA "entry" stock, and thus uses carbine length guts - which it did not come with. Here is a picture of it on a rifle - from the Fulton Armory website: [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11635[/img] The stock seems to be the only true adjustability option for a post-ban. Frankly I'm surprised they aren't more popular. I can only guess that people fear it may be ruled, "collapsible." Fulton sells it with their post-bans, though, so I won't lose any sleep over it myself. I will take pics of my rifle later - but it will likely be at least a day or so. Anybody out there with a 2001 LEGP know which spanner I will need? Adam
Top Top