Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/30/2002 4:41:54 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has an upper with the side charging handle. I bought one at a show over the weekend from American Spirit Arms that also has no forward assist either. The side charging system looks like the ones on the FAL/L1A1.

I also picked up a smooth sided bolt carrier that I'll have to machine in order to work with the Side Charging Handle.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 5:06:26 AM EDT
Check this thread.[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=326[/url] I would avoid buying anything complete from ASA. Their untrained assembly people usually screw up the gas port and headspace.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 3:50:00 PM EDT
Thanks for the thread link, I did a search but nothing came up.. As for ASA, I really only bought from them because the owners daughter ( Sarah ) was the sales person and she is one good looking woman and quite knowledgeable.. She also said that they test fire every upper before shipping so they might find a problem like you describe before it gets to me..
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 4:24:22 PM EDT
Sarah is full of sh!t. They don't have a test fire facility. They are located in a strip mall. Sorry, but they burned me and so many other people locally that it's hard to give away an ASA rifle here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 4:36:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 3:26:47 PM EDT
Hey I got my upper in from ASA and am pleasantly surprised. Not only is it better than I expected, but they included a chrome part ( 179.00 )that I didn't order...
Top Top