Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2002 2:08:37 PM EDT
Ok ordering their E2S Shorty tomorrow. the gun doesn't come with a muzzle break/fake suppresor at all and I think it looks funny. they install them for free if you get em at the same time. I'm not sure which to get. A2 bird cage, CAR15 Shorty or Phantom Flash suppressor. This is a post ban rifle so I'm not sure what applies. The page which shows all of them is at the bottom of this post. If these are functional at all that would be great, if not thats ok too. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

ok just read another thread. So i'm looking for a muzzle break. Can I have mine as removable somehow? Thanks guys.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/brakes/
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The only way you hav have it removable is to have it attatched with set screws to an plain (unthreaded) muzzle which 1) will scratch up the barrel, 2) probably fall/shoot off somewhere down the line.

If you want to add some lines to the barrel get the M4 "Patrolman's carbine" with the M203 notch cut into the barrel.  Otherwise you'll have to get one of their Compensators permanently attatched.

The Comp Y/Mini Y are the most effective BUT the most disruptive (loud with alot of back blast.  The AK brake is a very good brake, but it is also loud.

A another option would be having someone like Kurt's Kustom Firearms attach a "Fake Flash Supressor" or one of his Brakes that looke like a Flash Supressor.  The only downfall is not having the upper for a month or so while he works on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top