Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol, the marketing got you good eh?  Doesn’t matter to me if the rollmark matches the ownership of the cnc machines.  There is something to be said for time tested formula of building a rifle that’s been proven vs. fancy sum of the parts nonsense that’s focused on getting boners on instagram from excessive CAD focused designs and paint colors.

I’d take a non modified colt/bcm/lmt/kac/solgw straight from the factory over a Geissele, Radian, V7, Hodge any day
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dismisses Geissele but included sons of liberty gun assemblers.  lol.

Lol, the marketing got you good eh?  Doesn’t matter to me if the rollmark matches the ownership of the cnc machines.  There is something to be said for time tested formula of building a rifle that’s been proven vs. fancy sum of the parts nonsense that’s focused on getting boners on instagram from excessive CAD focused designs and paint colors.

I’d take a non modified colt/bcm/lmt/kac/solgw straight from the factory over a Geissele, Radian, V7, Hodge any day

LOL
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Just buy a Knights and be done with it.  You will thank me later.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#3]
KAC and LMT.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

LOL
View Quote

G Boi = Getting boners on Instagram
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Too bad I don't have Instagram! Keep trolling though, bro.

Recently took my 11.5" G SD to a week long carbine instructors course. It ran great, suppressed or not. Very accurate and smooth gun.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
JP or KAC
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The answer is posted everywhere. But I wouldn't put Geissele on the list. I might get shit for it, but they cut corners and inflate the prices of their rifle (see the thread where we talk about how they use black oxide to coat their barrels to save money on treatment)

View Quote

Geissele went back to mag phosphate for their barrels.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I like LMT MARs and KAC for innovation, and Colt for “it always works”.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pretty sure God Tier is a flaming sword.
View Quote

This 100%.

/thread
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone saying something other than kac or lmt is wrong from a technical perspective. Lots of other guns will more than perfectly do the job though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#12]
my homebuilt bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I consider any AR that can consistantly arrange a meeting between a bad guy AKA "Evildoer"and God to be God tier...
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I train a lot with each AR I own. I train in hopes of finding my own weak spots along with any weak points in my guns n gear. I have several different brands and I would guess most of them would make a “Top Tier” list and some would not make that list. Some are factory builds and some are home builds using quality parts. I have a few must when building my own like using a quality BCG assembly, barrel, and dimpling/pinning the gas block. This is just what I chose and think is important. I’m open minded and I’m not a snob about brands and accessories but I don’t buy substandard parts.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Buy what is affordable to you, shoot the heck out of it and upgrade what breaks!
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, USASOC and JSOC used Daniel Defense uppers for around a decade and Colt has been the staple for the U.S. military in regards to the M4/M16 platform for over 50 years, so those might be your "Operator Tier" rifles. The Aussies and New Zealand went with LMT for their M4 equivalent and the Army of Denmark went with Colt/Diemaco for their rifle. That should sum up what the rifles of choice are, especially on a global perspective. Many people here have built their own rifles using parts from all of the companies listed above. Brands like Noveske, Hodge, KAC, and some of the other boutique brands do make some decent stuff, but how much of it has been proven beyond YouTube videos and Instagram, minus KAC since they hold numerous government contracts. Geissele just recently broke into the MIL contract game and people are still bitching about their products not being up to standard, even though they do make some decent stuff. I've been fortunate to have had no issues with my Geissele MK8 and MK4 handguards. Sig seems to have found a niche in the military realm with their 300 B.O. LVAW thing, as I saw several of General Miller's PSD guys carrying them while I was in Kabul in 2019, and when I got to vacation there again in August of 2021. The 75th and the SF guys that I ran into in '21 were still rocking Colt M4A1 lowers with Daniel Defense M4A1 or Mk18 uppers, and even the Department of State dildos were rocking the Mk18 in an all black anodize configuration. I did not see one Hodge, Noveske, or Radian rifle either of the times I was in Kabul, or in any of the other cities or provinces in my other previous travels to Afghanistan. But, to each his own, and that's one of the greatest things about living in America. Buy what you want and use it to the best of your ability.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#17]
All things break.
Build a rifle with quality parts. Focus on barrel bolt trigger and optic quality. I am still a big fan of chrome lined CHF barrels. NiB bags are nice for reducing friction in Action and easy cleaning.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I too find pride in sporting a home build carbine from American made parts.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, USASOC and JSOC used Daniel Defense uppers for around a decade and Colt has been the staple for the U.S. military in regards to the M4/M16 platform for over 50 years, so those might be your "Operator Tier" rifles. The Aussies and New Zealand went with LMT for their M4 equivalent and the Army of Denmark went with Colt/Diemaco for their rifle. That should sum up what the rifles of choice are, especially on a global perspective. Many people here have built their own rifles using parts from all of the companies listed above. Brands like Noveske, Hodge, KAC, and some of the other boutique brands do make some decent stuff, but how much of it has been proven beyond YouTube videos and Instagram, minus KAC since they hold numerous government contracts. Geissele just recently broke into the MIL contract game and people are still bitching about their products not being up to standard, even though they do make some decent stuff. I've been fortunate to have had no issues with my Geissele MK8 and MK4 handguards. Sig seems to have found a niche in the military realm with their 300 B.O. LVAW thing, as I saw several of General Miller's PSD guys carrying them while I was in Kabul in 2019, and when I got to vacation there again in August of 2021. The 75th and the SF guys that I ran into in '21 were still rocking Colt M4A1 lowers with Daniel Defense M4A1 or Mk18 uppers, and even the Department of State dildos were rocking the Mk18 in an all black anodize configuration. I did not see one Hodge, Noveske, or Radian rifle either of the times I was in Kabul, or in any of the other cities or provinces in my other previous travels to Afghanistan. But, to each his own, and that's one of the greatest things about living in America. Buy what you want and use it to the best of your ability.
View Quote

JSOC, USASOC, and the guys you saw in ‘21 were using complete DD uppers? I thought they just used DD rails and in the case of the URGI, a DD barrel. Were the M4A1 DD uppers the same type they offer on the commercial market? As far as I’ve seen all the commercial ones have the standard govt profile rather than the SOCOM heavier profile.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Whatever effectively kills Proud Boys and other terrorists
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#21]
DD didn't even have their gas port sizing correct on their short barrels a decade ago.

I still have one of their 11.5" LW barrels from back then, and it's very overgassed. It's fun though; with a can it's got the cyclic rate of an MG42.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

You forgot the _ in your name
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted: