User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I need that for my duty rifle.
Makes me sad though that I have an unopened FRT-15 kept in the safe that will be useless now. Kinda hope they will offer some type of trade in or upgrade option but doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#2]
You, and thousands of others
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need that for my duty rifle.
Makes me sad though that I have an unopened FRT-15 kept in the safe that will be useless now. Kinda hope they will offer some type of trade in or upgrade option but doubt it.
View Quote

I bet there are a lot of folks in the same position that purchased one to support the cause and get the more into the wild, but really had no intention of burning up ammo.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I ran 5K-6K rounds of ammo through my first FRT-15 this last summer when ammo was scarce, and I have three of them.  I admit, it was cheaper steel case.  $14.50 every time I dumped a mag
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, that is badass.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Besides the fact that the Hughes amendment and NFA and GCA are all unconstitutional violations of the 2nd, the reset trigger technically meets the letter of the law and is NOT a full auto, but a semi auto trigger.  A reset of the trigger is required to fire.

The law doesn't limit cyclic rates.  Heck, you can bump fire from the shoulder with a stock semi-auto and no additional equipment at all.
View Quote

Tell it to the bump stocks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#7]
FASTER SHOOTING SEMI AUTO TRIGGER ! FUN TIMES !
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Interested.  How is the trigger feel?  Guessing not MTB 2S or SSA quality in semi.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Interested.  How is the trigger feel?  Guessing not MTB 2S or SSA quality in semi.
View Quote

Of course not. You can’t have it all. Quality mil-spec break is what you get.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:32:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't even know about quality but it is better than mil spec in that the trigger is advertised as a 5 pound trigger pull but in reality it's more like 2.5 pounds, far lighter than a stock 8-9 pound mil spec trigger.  If they offered a flat bow that would make it feel even lighter, not that you want or even 2.5# in a duty weapon.  Some people use stronger springs to make it easier not to fail from heavy pulling, and I assume one could manually polish the sear.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Of course not. You can’t have it all. Quality mil-spec break is what you get.
View Quote

Exactly! I get a ton of people asking me to tune their FRT down to a 3 pound, crisp break with no overtravel. That’s not how these work….
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#12]
We all better pray ATF doesn’t go see Tommy triggers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Why?
Tommy T already dropped their 3-position after the shyster lawyer threatened to sue.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why?
Tommy T already dropped their 3-position after the shyster lawyer threatened to sue.
View Quote

Are you sure the shyster in this case isn't you?  The latest run being sold out isn't the same as being dropped.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I need to know where I can buy these with cash ASAP.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are you sure the shyster in this case isn't you?  The latest run being sold out isn't the same as being dropped.
View Quote

Well, if you go to the other thread, you can see the Rare Breed lawyer saying he did...
Sorry that you don't get around.
As soon as he posted that, Tommy's listings vanished from both Gun Broker, and his web site.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well, if you go to the other thread, you can see the Rare Breed lawyer saying he did...
Sorry that you don't get around.
As soon as he posted that, Tommy's listings vanished from both Gun Broker, and his web site.
View Quote

Cool story, except for the part where the triggers are still on his site.

For those that want factual information about his offerings, try the contact feature of his website.  My friend has found him to be very responsive.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 4:49:31 AM EDT
[#18]
This sounds like something that will not attract ATF attention.  

You now have taken what you call a semi trigger and openly admit that it shoots in a rapid and a single shot mode.  Like the idea, but seems more likely that I will get a letter to destroy it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#19]
....and they're coming out of the woodwork: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS-Rare-Breed-Forced-Reset-Trigger/119-2217387/
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Okay, so I saw the vid on the 2-position, which I'd never heard of, and sort of understand how it works.

What is the 3 position?
View Quote

Safe, semi, full semi
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Safe, semi, full semi
View Quote

No,
SAFE - PASSIVE(STANDARD) RESET - FORCED RESET

ALL SEMI
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No,
SAFE - PASSIVE(STANDARD) RESET - FORCED RESET

ALL SEMI
View Quote

smh..
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

smh..
View Quote

Fr.

This is why we can't have nice things
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#24]
What’s the chances these still drop with the ATF visits going around.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What’s the chances these still drop with the ATF visits going around.
View Quote

I sure hope they can pull it off for Freedoms sake but I also want one of these more than I’ve wanted a firearm part in a long time. Perhaps the draw is experiencing freedom down to the basic levels?

It figures that one of the few sparks of American ingenuity and engineering around oppressive, arbitrary “rules” is being persecuted by an un lawful, illegitimate and Tyrannical “agency”.

What a disgrace.

God bless and protect the work RBT is doing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#26]
That looks sweet!
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:12:38 AM EDT
[#27]
It's like the FRT was pushing the Fun-O-Meter the ATF uses to decide when they need to crush the people, and the third position broke the needle so they had to do something about it now.  What horrible timing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:01:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Tommy Triggers FRT 3 position upgrade

Upgrade your existing FRT

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I need to know where I can buy these with cash ASAP.
View Quote

I have seen Rare Breed triggers for sale at gun shows and on Armslist.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Dangit, do I sell my 3 FRTs and start fresh or upgrade?

Guess that'll sepend on the final prices of the E3.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Dangit, do I sell my 3 FRTs and start fresh or upgrade?

Guess that'll sepend on the final prices of the E3.
View Quote
Same. I would really like to keep one of mine for a SAW style build as the regualr FRT-15 but would like to upgrade one to a 3 position. Wonder if it uses a proprietary selector switch?
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#33]
OST
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Not at that price, that makes the FRT a $700 trigger.  If I'm spending that kind of money, I'll spend it with someone who is at least trying to give the finger to FTATF.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Or you wait till back in stock and buy the full 3 position trigger from them for $550.  Either way, it's cheaper than a $30K machine gun and stamp.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Any eta on this thing?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides the fact that the Hughes amendment and NFA and GCA are all unconstitutional violations of the 2nd, the reset trigger technically meets the letter of the law and is NOT a full auto, but a semi auto trigger.  A reset of the trigger is required to fire.

The law doesn't limit cyclic rates.  Heck, you can bump fire from the shoulder with a stock semi-auto and no additional equipment at all.

Tell it to the shoestrings too
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Any news on version 3? Its past 6 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Not until he sells off all of the crappy ones...
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Bump?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Getting low on oxygen from holding my breath. Keep getting spam with purchase links to the original. No thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Wondering if they saw what happened to Tommy Triggers and thought better of releasing it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Nahhhh, I don't think RareBreed will be scared off by Tommy Triggers having a visit from the AFT.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not until he sells off all of the crappy ones...
View Quote

Which competitor do you work for?  Have you done anything other than shit in these threads?
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Will absolutely buy.

Gift card from Walmart with a shipping address to a friend you semi sorta don't like.
View Quote

But what did your semi sorta friend's dog do wrong?
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Which competitor do you work for?  Have you done anything other than shit in these threads?
View Quote

None.
I would like one of these as bad as the next guy.

Seen all the issues on the original, that RB kept pushing out the door, until someone else showed how to fix the spring problem.
Other people like Armament started selling even better fixes, that added to the exorbitant original cost.
(sorry, but there isn't enough parts, or workmanship in a rare breed to warrant $380, even if it's a unique idea)

Then WOT comes around, at $100 less, which was more reasonable, was looking at one of those, but then there were rumors of the Graves V2 coming out and decided to try that, but they were not showing up. Called Big Daddy, to get an update several times, never showed. The last phone conversation I asked bluntly, when?
They said no nothing in the foreseeable future...
Then they lost against RB's suite on patent infringement, and the ATF raid, and suddenly the Graves is available. Clearly a case of them wanting to dump their inventory of WOT, before offering the Graves.
Ironically, the ATF forced their hand by seizing their WOT inventory.

Would probably went with a Graves, but then Tommy Triggers came out with the 3 position.
Of course RB jumped right in and said they had a 3 position in the wings, would be 6 weeks, called TT, but about what, I don't know. Most likely a threat, or some type of deal.
Then TT got raided...

Funny how 2 of 4 FRT manufactures have been raided, and only RB is still standing, trying to unload their problem child.
I expect the Graves to be hit also, which would make 3 out of 4.
Why?
RB working with the ATF? Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened, just look at Whitey Burger, and the FBI...

After being on this earth for nearly 70 years, can spot Bull Shit.
Sorry you can't.
Maybe read up on how some businesses have played games, at the peril of other businesses, and delayed products until unloading inventory of old, out dated ones.

Maybe stop following the Pied Piper.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would be a big negative Ghost Rider.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

None.
View Quote

Then what are you waiting for? Next guy already bought one and is having a blast with it.  So are the people who bought WOT's and now Graves.  My 3rd position upgrade is on the way.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Then what are you waiting for? Next guy already bought one and is having a blast with it.  So are the people who bought WOT's and now Graves.  My 3rd position upgrade is on the way.
View Quote

Where did you get the 3rd position upgrade? Is there a notification on Tommy triggers or did you order a while back and it’s just now shipping?
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

None.

Seen all the issues on the original, that RB kept pushing out the door, until someone else showed how to fix the spring problem.
Other people like Armament started selling even better fixes, that added to the exorbitant original cost.
(sorry, but there isn't enough parts, or workmanship in a rare breed to warrant $380, even if it's a unique idea)

Then WOT comes around, at $100 less, which was more reasonable, was looking at one of those, but then there were rumors of the Graves V2 coming out and decided to try that, but they were not showing up. Called Big Daddy, to get an update several times, never showed. The last phone conversation I asked bluntly, when?
They said no nothing in the foreseeable future...
Then they lost against RB's suite on patent infringement, and the ATF raid, and suddenly the Graves is available. Clearly a case of them wanting to dump their inventory of WOT, before offering the Graves.
Ironically, the ATF forced their hand by seizing their WOT inventory.

Would probably went with a Graves, but then Tommy Triggers came out with the 3 position.
Of course RB jumped right in and said they had a 3 position in the wings, would be 6 weeks, called TT, but about what, I don't know. Most likely a threat, or some type of deal.
Then TT got raided...

Funny how 2 of 4 FRT manufactures have been raided, and only RB is still standing, trying to unload their problem child.
I expect the Graves to be hit also, which would make 3 out of 4.
Why?
RB working with the ATF? Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened, just look at Whitey Burger, and the FBI...

After being on this earth for nearly 70 years, can spot Bull Shit.
Sorry you can't.
Maybe read up on how some businesses have played games, at the peril of other businesses, and delayed products until unloading inventory of old, out dated ones.

Maybe stop following the Pied Piper.

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/PiedPiperOfHamelin_1769.jpg
View Quote

Lol, sure you can champ. Thanks for saving us all. Mines not had a hiccup, except in my 9mm pcc which it was never designed for.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top