Forward Controls Design (Page 33 of 33)
Page / 33
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#1]
FocusTripp is a jackass. Carry on…
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#2]
We could have made PMA slightly shorter so it could fit on the upper, some users have modified it to do just that.  We chose strength and stability over ability to fit the upper, which would be hard to do anyway, ACOG mounts may be of similar lengths, but they don't always mount in the same spot on the upper.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NewWind:

Interesting, I had expected that I should avoid avoid mounting on the handguard due to a general mistrust in rails retaining zero. Then again, I do have a RIS II, which I bought specifically with the hopes it'd be rigid for a LAM. Guess I should trust it to do that more.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:47:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#3]
We don't engage attention seeking influrencers that know nothing of our mission, what we do, and the reasons we do it.  Their mission is to get more clicks and views, ours couldn't be more different.  From the beginning of FCD in 2015 to today, our mission has never changed, it's about making a meaningful difference and contributing to the industry, and serving our folks in uniform, in blue or Multicam.

There's no shortage of haters of similar mindset.  If we bragged about or make public the folks that use and rely on our products, it might change their outlook, but we don't talk about it publicly, and I don't care to change the minds of people that hate things they don't understand.

Originally Posted By Winniethepooh:
FocusTripp is a jackass. Carry on…
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 2:07:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NewWind] [#4]
Originally Posted By Duffy:
We could have made PMA slightly shorter so it could fit on the upper, some users have modified it to do just that.  We chose strength and stability over ability to fit the upper, which would be hard to do anyway, ACOG mounts may be of similar lengths, but they don't always mount in the same spot on the upper.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Duffy:

Hey, I just went to throw my scalarworks mount on the PMA and when fully tightened down, the leap mount still rattles/moves. I checked it on my upper receiver and the pic rail on my handguard, and there's no rattle with either of them. Have you spent much time with the scalarworks mount on your PMA? I must say I'm pretty surprised bc my shitty holosun mount was fitting just fine, but yeah, the scalarworks is just a bit loose no matter how many ugga duggas I put into it. I have also contacted scalarworks because I am unsure which of the two parts are out of spec. Thanks!

EDIT: Just went through the rest of the thread and saw that on page 23 Arizona Rifleman said
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:
A cautionary note if any other southpaws are planning on getting the PMA and using a LEAP/04 from Scalarworks to clear the windage knob from any obstruction or to get a higher plane, it's the only mount that sits loose on the PMA that I know of as of yet.

Going to try the SLR Absolute RMR mount next.

Seems this is a (not well) known issue. Probably should put that on the website, given the popularity of scalarworks mounts.

Final edit: Do you have a recommended low weight but still durable t2 mount? Preferably QD but I was also really excited about the low snag nature of the scalarworks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 8:37:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#5]
The Scalarworks mount we have is also loose on the PMA, but nothing else is, we've added the warning on the page.

We have not enocountered this with Trijicon and Aimpoint produced mounts.
Page / 33
Next Page Arrow Left
Forward Controls Design (Page 33 of 33)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top