AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BamBam-31:
...Thank you so much for the help.  I also understand that this thread, while intended to ask for advice, may turn into a PSA bash thread.  Please refrain from doing so, especially when they are trying to make good.  ...
View Quote

yeah, well, good luck with that.

That's how these threads ALWAYS turn out, regardless of intent.  to expect otherwise ...
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
So far I only have one ding on PSA beyond the slow shipping, which has been that way for years, & was warned about it before I ordered so really not too upset as long as they don't lie about shipping it fast.  The thing that they do that irks me is showing stuff in stock, taking money off the card, then a week later saying the item is out of stock, then getting your money back ~ week after that.  If it isn't in stock, don't show it as being in stock, which 90% of the time anything I'm interested in is out of stock.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:

yeah, well, good luck with that.

That's how these threads ALWAYS turn out, regardless of intent.  to expect otherwise ... 
View Quote

All I can do is ask.

And all PSA can do is learn from the feedback.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Don't be so sure. 

I just had another guy at work bring me a stripped lower and a lpk and ask me to "throw it together" for him today. 

As usual, I offered to show him and he said he'd "find somebody else". 
View Quote

What a lazy idiot.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By brx123:

What a lazy idiot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brx123:

Don't be so sure. 

I just had another guy at work bring me a stripped lower and a lpk and ask me to "throw it together" for him today. 

What a lazy idiot.

Typical of many these days. Mom will probably do it..
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By muvef:

No way. 99.9% of people would just YouTube it.
 My ten year old has assembled a lower using it without issue.
View Quote

Haha. No.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Don't be so sure. 

View Quote

I have taught people to roll their own prints, build uppers, lowers and how to mount scopes the right way. If they don’t want me to teach them and just want my services, I charge them. As an FFL I can do that. $50 an hour, one hour minimum.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DoctorLove:

I have taught people to roll their own prints, build uppers, lowers and how to mount scopes the right way. If they don’t want me to teach them and just want my services, I charge them. As an FFL I can do that. $50 an hour, one hour minimum.
View Quote

I will gladly walk most anybody who wants to learn through the steps. I will not do it for them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
isn't there something like a pandemic going on, work staff trimmed, etc?

people limited to what they can do from a lap top from home?  supply sources stressed? etc.

no, i'm not a PSA customer.
View Quote

Yeah, I do agree. A lot of shops simply closed down their custom service hotline. It's hard to say if PSA is doing this as well.

I don't buy anything PSA, btw.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I know there's some PSA hate in here. For me, I can't complain. I'm just a low level tool and die apprentice, and I make more than most of my coworkers my age. My only completed ar started is life as 100% PSA. Lots of upgrading has happened, but I never had a problem with the function of the gun. When I bought it, the kits cost me 450 +ffl fee. That was all I had saved for several months at the time. Since then I've ordered from them several times on their sales. Never had any order issues that were resolved without too much headache. I'm not saying "it's just as good..." but I think they fill a role for folks who can't drop 1400+ on a DD or whatever brand. For me, they offered a good place to start (currently collecting parts for a 300bl pistol and 556 pistol). I work with a bunch of guys who have said similar stuff.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:52:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a problem three weeks ago with a barreled dizzy upper sold without a BCG/charging handle (I’ve had it since 2018).  Neither would fit in the channel...BCG/or charging handle.  Got

ahold of Josiah on here and had an RMA by the end of day.  Upper was gone for 6 business days.  Diagnosed and replaced by business day 7 with

two different emails explaining that the upper wasn’t bored/reamed correct and they replaced the receiver.  Thing works great.  Thank you

@PalmettoStateArmory for the great service.  They will take care of you OP. Things are nuts everywhere still....I have two handguns backordered

(M&P 5 inch and a Glock 21) and the dealer is hoping to get them in a month or so.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Update:  

Received the replacement EPT parts from Josiah today.  Woo-hoo!  Installed with ease, worked like a charm.  A tad bit of creep, but hey.  Nothing a little grease and about 200 rds. can't fix.  That was the most fun I've ever had doing a function check, btw.  Now to put the barrel through it's paces.  

Thanks again to Josiah for the great comms and service.  Happy customer here, despite the hiccup.  

ETA:  I put the new parts side by side with the old parts, and I couldn't for the life of me tell the difference.  Trigger, hammer, disco, little springy thing.  All looked the same.  Obviously there's gotta be something, but you'd need to put calipers to the damn things.  My money is still on an out-of-spec hammer.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad it worked out for you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top