User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 87
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Built this this last week and picked up a black atpial and inforce light to go with it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4AZ:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448813/59F5836E-234C-4447-9DF1-7C523A75E7BB_jpe-2410735.JPG

Built this this last week and picked up a black atpial and inforce light to go with it.
View Quote

Very nice! I like it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
HRT mount came in last night so went in to work today and got that all sighted in and good to go.

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:18:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Got to see some of the regional guns at a training event earlier in the week.  Wanted to take some pics but didn’t want to look like an ass.  All were rocking the Gen 2 rails with the longer picatinny rail on the bottom.  All were using MBUS Pro BUIS, had padded VTAC slings and the Ergo pistol grip in black both with the beaver tail and without.  They had some type of enhanced trigger guard (Magpul?).  Lowers were a mixed bag, most were Colt.  One appeared to have had been spray painted at some point and was marked M4A1.  Optics were all either Aimpoint Micro T/H 1/2 on DD mounts or had some variation of the SIG Romeo 4.  They appeared to be 4Ms but had the mount from the newer 4T.  They weren’t 4T’s as they had no solar panel.  All were using tan ATPIALs and were equipped with OSS/Huxwrx cans with the OSS flash hider.  All had black Geissele government charging handles.  Foregrip accessories were all different, seemed to be users choice.  Saw BCM KAGs, BCM VFGs, Magpul RVG, Magpul AFG, and one was using the FAB defense afg.  Lights were mostly black Surefire Mini Scouts, however one was still using the Inforce WML.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BPDKar98k:
Got to see some of the regional guns at a training event earlier in the week.  Wanted to take some pics but didn’t want to look like an ass.  All were rocking the Gen 2 rails with the longer picatinny rail on the bottom.  All were using MBUS Pro BUIS, had padded VTAC slings and the Ergo pistol grip in black both with the beaver tail and without.  They had some type of enhanced trigger guard (Magpul?).  Lowers were a mixed bag, most were Colt.  One appeared to have had been spray painted at some point and was marked M4A1.  Optics were all either Aimpoint Micro T/H 1/2 on DD mounts or had some variation of the SIG Romeo 4.  They appeared to be 4Ms but had the mount from the newer 4T.  They weren’t 4T’s as they had no solar panel.  All were using tan ATPIALs and were equipped with OSS/Huxwrx cans with the OSS flash hider.  All had black Geissele government charging handles.  Foregrip accessories were all different, seemed to be users choice.  Saw BCM KAGs, BCM VFGs, Magpul RVG, Magpul AFG, and one was using the FAB defense afg.  Lights were mostly black Surefire Mini Scouts, however one was still using the Inforce WML.
View Quote

Awesome info! Thanks a bunch!
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By johnhd:
Thinking about picking up an ODG Federal rail this weekend for a future FBI clone, anybody receive one recently who can share if Geissele or Brownells is shipping the QD insert version or the older one?
View Quote

Following up, I received the rail earlier this week, and it did include the QD inserts.  One thing I didn't realize was the insert color isn't a shiny brass like past pictures made me think, but rather more of a copper.  Looks more subdued and definitely better in person.  $280 was too good a deal to pass up, so I'll be keeping this for a future near-clone build.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 2:44:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#7]
Not FBI but interesting to see one of the new QD geisseles in use

This was from the last shooting in DC a few weeks ago. HRT was there also

Link Posted: 6/11/2022 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#8]

https://i.postimg.cc/m2Pmn9Kz/9112-B9-BD-A190-4-AE8-9-B2-E-715-A09-E4-A691.jpg
View Quote

Wait, the ATF is using the same gun now?
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 6:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#9]

View Quote
Is that a gen 3 razor?

If so why have that on a 11.5?
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Is that a gen 3 razor?

If so why have that on a 11.5?
View Quote

I think a gen 2, but positive id and accurate shots isn’t a bad thing to have around. with modern lpvo’s I find it pretty close to shoot with a lpvo vs red dot.

Razors aren’t uncommon among HRT

Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]

I think a gen 2, but positive id and accurate shots isn't a bad thing to have around. with modern lpvo's I find it pretty close to shoot with a lpvo vs red dot.

Razors aren't uncommon among HRT
https://i.postimg.cc/nccJpd3t/28-B766-B0-2798-47-E9-9-DBA-0-A8903-DBF644.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/7PN4vvMV/9326-DED3-E32-D-452-B-96-B1-41-D00-ACEAE97.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/MHtJ1RK4/C4-C5-DD8-C-84-DC-4-CF2-9-E62-CF2-C6-D5-C6-C96.png

View Quote
Interesting...
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

View Quote

Yes, however no variety of colors for different uses, IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Way easier to just jump on some other huge agency's contract than do your own.  Same thing happens with ammo
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BPDKar98k:
View Quote

Were the Sigs Romeo 4's black or grey?  
They could have also been 4H's.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Got the correct fab defense vfg finally. Risked it and ordered via optics planet, other than them taking a couple weeks it actually showed up.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:10:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tc2129] [#16]

View Quote

Yep, shot one of the ATF ones the other day
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 2:22:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Got the correct fab defense vfg finally. Risked it and ordered via optics planet, other than them taking a couple weeks it actually showed up.

https://i.postimg.cc/XNk29yqv/1-A788-C7-F-8-C80-4-A9-B-9822-DD97543-AE343.jpg
View Quote

How do you like it, functionally? I went with a Magpul AFG, as I just can’t get into the appearance of the Fab Defense.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Looking for a geissele ported super gas block.

Email is best. Will pay very well.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By leerx:
Looking for a geissele ported super gas block.

Email is best. Will pay very well.

Thanks
View Quote

Ported as in like the port restriction?
@leerx
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#21]
(from the Highland Park tragedy)

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the common muzzle device an A2 or something else?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:18:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: johnhd] [#23]
Let's say...hypothetically...that someone had a choice between PSA "M4 Carbine" (Safe-Semi-Burst) and "M4A1 Carbine" (Safe-Semi-Auto) marked lowers for a Regional SWAT clone - is there one option that would be slightly closer to reality than the other?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:43:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#24]
Razors aren’t uncommon among HRT
https://i.postimg.cc/nccJpd3t/28-B766-B0-2798-47-E9-9-DBA-0-A8903-DBF644.jpg
View Quote

Aren’t those Regional SWAT rifles? Always a little hard to judge colors in some of these photos.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#25]
FYI. I just posted 3, like new, Fab Defense VFG for sale in EE - Used Upper Parts. Two are Black Picatinny as used by FBI.
Delete is not permitted.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:18:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leerx] [#26]
@AZgunner

Yeah, the geissele port restricted gas block. Do you happen to have a lead to one? Email sent.

Also, if anyone has leads to a geissele port restricted gas block please email me (better than message)

Will pay well.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#27]
@AZgunner

Yeah, the geissele port restricted gas block. Do you happen to have a lead to one? Email sent.

Also, if anyone has leads to a geissele port restricted gas block please email me (better than message)

Will pay well.
View Quote

There were only 2, maybe 3 total of these that hit the open market years ago and were not available to the public. I bought one and another early poster in this thread got one. All came from the same individual that did consulting work with Geissele. You and I have traded messages on this before.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#28]
@AZgunner

Will pay well.
View Quote

I used a Geissele Super Gas block that I had port restricted by Black River Tactical. I’m not sure they’re providing that service anymore, I think they’re just selling their restricted gas tubes. Regardless, I don’t think I would ever do business with them again. The product is nice, but the turnaround time was awful, they lost track of my gas block for a while, and communication from them was very poor.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#29]
@AZgunner

Will pay well.
View Quote

Simple to make:
McMaster-Carr
>Super-Corrosion-Resistant 316 Stainless Steel Flat-Tip Set Screws, 10-32 threads, 3/16” long, PN: 92158A367
>TiN coated wire gauge 50 high speed drill bit, PN: 29045A775 for port of ~0.070 depending on your drilling skill
Drill bits for various port diameters here
>Tap for 10-32 set screw
>Class Z plug go gauges
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

I used a Geissele Super Gas block that I had port restricted by Black River Tactical. I’m not sure they’re providing that service anymore, I think they’re just selling their restricted gas tubes. Regardless, I don’t think I would ever do business with them again. The product is nice, but the turnaround time was awful, they lost track of my gas block for a while, and communication from them was very poor.
View Quote

I have an insert from Black River Tactical that I had John Thomas of Retro Arms Works install on a Geissele carbon steel gas block. It’s on my OD Mk4 Fed gun and insert is set up for suppressed subsonic 300 Blk. But IIRC I’d done all this in late 2018.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:52:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leerx] [#31]
Thanks for the tips guys.

JLAudio - Thanks for the update. I was wondering if more of these popped up on the market. Still willing to buy if you ever change your mind.

Does the FBI HRT rifle still use the port restricted gas block? Wasnt this set up for suppressed only? I see a lot of the rifles now without suppresors.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 4:19:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quick question for those running a Gen1 rail: Is the bottom picatinny section long enough to accommodate a Magpul AFG or am I going to need to add a second picatinny section to the Mlok?
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 4:34:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ed_Victory] [#33]
Quick question for those running a Gen1 rail: Is the bottom picatinny section long enough to accommodate a Magpul AFG or am I going to need to add a second picatinny section to the Mlok?
View Quote

It accommodates the AFG-2 with the front of the AFG nearly flush with the end of the rail.

Second pic in the OP shows it pretty well.

Link Posted: 7/10/2022 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:

It accommodates the AFG-2 with the front of the AFG nearly flush with the end of the rail.

Second pic in the OP shows it pretty well.

View Quote

Thanks, that looks pretty good. Especially on SBRs, I tend to have a pretty far forward grip, so that will probably work quite well.

I’ve been terribly procrastinating, but I think I’ll finally be putting together my Individual Agent clone soon. I finally ordered the last couple things I needed, an Aimpoint T2 and my Troy rear sight.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:59:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fiyero] [#36]
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

Nice variety of lights on the OD rifles, tan and black Surefire M300’s and a coyote brown Streamlight TLR-1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

TLR1s with pressure switches seem to be showing up more all of a sudden on .gov guns.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey guys can someone explain the difference between the MK4 and the MK4 Federal hand guards.

thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 7:43:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#40]
Originally Posted By Puckster2:
Hey guys can someone explain the difference between the MK4 and the MK4 Federal hand guards.

thanks.
View Quote

I believe the only differences are:
1. MK4 Federal is a 10” length vs 9.3”/9.5”/10.5” for MK4
2. MK4 Federal has a longer picatinny rail section at the 6 O’clock position (at least the newer versions)
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Filed my Form 1 today on my Colt lower. Assembly of the clone upper will be happening soon.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:14:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Hello!

I would like to know how clone-correct the Colt 733 barrel (11.5/ Heat movie) is for the Regional clone?

Thank you! ;)
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Okay, who’s going to be the first clone correct in this thread!?

Pewscience test was very interesting. “Quietest (at shooters ear)  can tested to date.” On a MK18 no less.

Huxwrx Flow 556K Released to the public
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Callahan:

Okay, who’s going to be the first clone correct in this thread!?

Pewscience test was very interesting. “Quietest (at shooters ear)  can tested to date.” On a MK18 no less.

Huxwrx Flow 556K Released to the public
View Quote

That looks awesome, I’ll be interested what the price point is.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:49:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:50:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#48]
I’m curious what buffer everyone is running? My upper is being assembled right now and my lower currently has an H buffer. My Geissele Super Gas Block has the BRT port restriction to bring it down to the correct .67 gas port size. If I’m going to be running unsuppressed, do you guys think the H buffer will be good or should I think about picking up an H2 buffer?

I’ll be running brass cased ammo only, mostly M193 but my duty ammo is Hornady TAP.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I’m curious what buffer everyone is running? My upper is being assembled right now and my lower currently has an H buffer. My Geissele Super Gas Block has the BRT port restriction to bring it down to the correct .67 gas port size. If I’m going to be running unsuppressed, do you guys think the H buffer will be good or should I think about picking up an H2 buffer?

I’ll be running brass cased ammo only, mostly M193 but my duty ammo is Hornady TAP.
View Quote

Im running a H2 with colt barrel and .070 gas port. No suppressor in Illinois. Seems perfect using PMC and LC.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:21:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jhon] [#50]

View Quote

I'm running a current production 6933 barrel with .074 gas port, unrestricted/standard Geissele Super Gas Block, Colt H buffer, and Colt carbine spring. This is how Colt ships the 6933 (this rifle was originally a 6933) and is how the regional SWAT rifles are configured. It runs perfect unsuppressed though I may go with an H2 with a suppressor.

If your rifle is going to be used as a patrol rifle I would discourage using a port restricted block. It's not needed and the gas ports used on Colt barrels when paired with an H or H2 buffer are good for a variety of duty and training ammunition without being too much or too little.

ETA: Updated pic of my rifle

Attachment Attached File

Almost clone correct for regional SWAT. Started as a factory 6933 SBR, sold the original skinny FSB barrel and BCG off and kept the upper receiver and charging handle. I've got a Surefire SOCOM RC2 on the way and it seems more fitting than my Dead Air Sandman S. The Spuhr HRT mount has been seen on regional guns but a DD mount would be more correct. I just don't care for the rock and lock DD mount.

Colt M4LE lower with factory Colt LPK (H Buffer is factory on the 6933)
Magpul CTR
Colt upper
Colt charging handle
Colt BCG
Colt 6933 .750 gas block barrel
Geissele Mk4 Fed
Geissele stainless Super Gas Block set screwed to barrel
Surefire SFCT Closed Tine Flash Hider
Troy sights front and rear
Aimpoint T2 in a Spuhr HRT mount
Inforce WML gen 2
Salty VTAC sling I had laying around
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top