Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 263
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FONTY:

Which BRT gas tube size did you get? I’m using a .067 gas tube unsuppressed and it feels smooth
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HD2006:

I’ve got an H2 in it currently, maybe I’ll try an H3.

Which BRT gas tube size did you get? I’m using a .067 gas tube unsuppressed and it feels smooth

I think I have the same.  I chose 50/50 suppressed and un-suppressed for the option.  I’ll have to take it out again and run it without the suppressor and see how it does.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Gentlemen... for those of you running the civvy Matechs, here's a quick tip for you.

Before and after:

Literally just dab it with a q-tip over and over. It ain't perfect, but it looks a lot nicer to me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By euclid537:
Gentlemen... for those of you running the civvy Matechs, here's a quick tip for you.

Before and after:
https://i.imgur.com/oktxsXi.jpg

Literally just dab it with a q-tip over and over. It ain't perfect, but it looks a lot nicer to me.
View Quote

Yeah - I did the same thing to a BCM 14.5 SOCOM upper I have - takes away the obnoxious white logo on an otherwise very aesthetically pleasing upper.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Took my 14.5 URGI out for the first time. Got a zero on the 1X6 Razor. Shooting LC 193 in the DD barrel it ran flawless. I was using a Colt H buffer and also swapped out my 10.3 lower on the 14.5. It has a SSA trigger and the G H3 and spring combo, it also ran great. Had a brass catcher on so I couldn’t see how the brass was ejecting. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 5:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tactical_dude] [#6]
Just ran this in a NVG course. This setup made for a good time shooting in the dark.

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:35:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheCrownlessKing] [#7]
Delete
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#8]

One of the three near clone 14.5 URGIs I bought in 2019. Have been nothing but pleased.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I suppose I’ve had a change of heart.  Not only have I decided to hold onto my 11.5 but I just snagged a complete Geissele built 10.3
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
FYI DSA’s stripped M4 uppers are currently Mueller forge w/ the dog bone, in case anyone else out there is looking for one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By johnhd:
FYI DSA’s stripped M4 uppers are currently Mueller forge w/ the dog bone, in case anyone else out there is looking for one.
View Quote

It's a gamble. Out of the 3 I bought, 1 was Mueller and 2 were Anchor Harvey. My buddy bought a bunch and all of them were Mueller. All have the M4 dogbone markings.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:55:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toothpicksandkatchup] [#12]
Wish I had bought a new upper, maybe I would've avoided the sloppiness in my surplus upper.

Work in progress. Need CH.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JTM20:

It's a gamble. Out of the 3 I bought, 1 was Mueller and 2 were Anchor Harvey. My buddy bought a bunch and all of them were Mueller. All have the M4 dogbone markings.
View All Quotes

This, I ordered one from them a while back.  Anchor Harvey but also dog bone M4 marked.  Still a very nice upper.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
7th SFG with the TS

https://i.imgur.com/ix78jpj.jpg
View Quote
Dude rocking Alice gear and mustache like a boss
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Untitled by Trey Brown, on Flickr

Untitled by Trey Brown, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally finished mine. I know the gas block is incorrect and I need to zip tie that wire. Just waiting on my suppressor now.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jhendri223:
Finally finished mine. I know the gas block is incorrect and I need to zip tie that wire. Just waiting on my suppressor now.

https://i.ibb.co/0yvz6JH/20220629-121457.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/QNWMH13/20220629-121536-1.jpg
View Quote

Looks good.  My 14.5 is still my favorite rifle to shoot

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#18]

What lights are being used in those pictures?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Tobysi:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tobysi:

WMX200
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

WMX200
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:13:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DetroitSounds] [#21]
Haven't seen many around, thought I'd share

DD 14.5 bbl

That with a Blemula MK16/ upper I just grabbed, along with a spare new Colt BCG and G CH, got a complete upper spending around $600
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 2:35:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Not sure if this has been discussed much or not, but what barrels are you guys using as a stand in until a DD can be found?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Brinclhof:
Not sure if this has been discussed much or not, but what barrels are you guys using as a stand in until a DD can be found?

Thanks.
View Quote

Look two posts above. In stock and on sale.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
https://i.imgur.com/5SSJu65.jpg
View Quote

Paint the nf already
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Couldn't help but notice the URG-I in this situation. 82nd...or someone with the 82nd?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DDS87:
Couldn't help but notice the URG-I in this situation. 82nd...or someone with the 82nd?
View Quote

Uhhh…that’s a HK.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

Uhhh…that’s a HK.
View Quote

Yikes, you're right. The OSS is apparent too now. Carry on.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#29]
10.3 upper came in today.  First full G upper and I must say it’s very nice.  I noticed Geissele marks the receiver with a “G” similar to Colt with a “C”.  Also, the barrel markings are very similar to how Daniel Defense marks there’s.  

I’m not sure if this is going to end up being a clone or not.  The Holosun is a place holder until I figure out a permanent optic.  For the lower I’m thinking about trying an LWRC Ultra Compact stock kit.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2022 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#30]
What are the gas block options for a 11.5 urgi clone ? Same as the 14.5 the dd mk12 low pro pinned one ?
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Sn8kplissken:
What are the gas block options for a 11.5 urgi clone ? Same as the 14.5 the dd mk12 low pro pinned one ?
View Quote

Same as 14.5” DD’s low profile pinned, it’s not the MK12 gb.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#32]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/E8AB5C97-F249-44A2-8FA6-4C9DBACCF8EC_jpe-2440301.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sn8kplissken:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/E8AB5C97-F249-44A2-8FA6-4C9DBACCF8EC_jpe-2440301.JPG

It’s a low profile gas block from Daniel Defense, not sold separately.  It’s only available if you purchase a barrel with the low profile gas block included or on their complete rifles.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Did some rearranging between rifles.  The 11.5 got the Elcan from my Block II.  The 10.3 got the T2/Scalarworks combo from the 11.5.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Did some rearranging between rifles.  The 11.5 got the Elcan from my Block II.  The 10.3 got the T2/Scalarworks combo from the 11.5.  

https://i.imgur.com/JBugWs5.jpg
View Quote

1-6 14.5 inch
1-4 11.5 inch
1x 10.3 inch

Seems like a logical setup. Nice guns.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:
Haven't seen many around, thought I'd share

DD 14.5 bbl
View Quote

Well, that was a purchase I wasn’t planning on, but thanks a lot for the tip. Those have been out of stock for a long time, and on sale with free shipping was impossible to turn down. Now I just need the 4-prong I backordered with DSG Arms to show up some day…
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I noticed that Surefire has raised the price of four prongs by $20. Showing $169.00.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CFDFFEMT:
I noticed that Surefire has raised the price of four prongs by $20. Showing $169.00.
View Quote

Jeez, that's almost $43 per prong.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Still a very reasonable cost per prong considering what they used to go for before Surefire made them commercially available.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Still a very reasonable cost per prong considering what they used to go for before Surefire made them commercially available.
View All Quotes

I’ve seen conflicting reports on different forums as to whether they’re still commercially available. Not sure of their source, but some people have stated that Surefire opened up commercial sales briefly last year and is still fulfilling orders placed back then, but is no longer accepting orders placed after a cutoff date. I was very late hearing about it all and placed a backorder with DSG Arms last September that is still open.

My apologies, I haven’t been following this or the other clone threads very closely (life gets in the way), so I’m sure I missed some info along the way.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

I’ve seen conflicting reports on different forums as to whether they’re still commercially available. Not sure of their source, but some people have stated that Surefire opened up commercial sales briefly last year and is still fulfilling orders placed back then, but is no longer accepting orders placed after a cutoff date. I was very late hearing about it all and placed a backorder with DSG Arms last September that is still open.

My apologies, I haven’t been following this or the other clone threads very closely (life gets in the way), so I’m sure I missed some info along the way.
View Quote

I got some directly from Surefire in April so that doesn't sound right.

Still waiting on my DSG and Europtic backorders which were well before then.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Any leads on DD midlength gas tubes?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#43]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
I got some directly from Surefire in April so that doesn't sound right.
View Quote

I'm hoping that's the case. I saw a few people mention that, but now their listings say Contact Dealer for all their muzzle devices. I missed when they had the option to order directly.

View Quote

I got mine from Primary Arms last year in anticipation of getting the barrel eventually. That doesn't really help, since they're out of stock, but I've always signed up for their back in stock notifications and seen DD parts show up every few months. It does seem like there's been a draught for the last 9 months or so though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:47:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnhd] [#44]
I'm hoping that's the case. I saw a few people mention that, but now their listings say Contact Dealer for all their muzzle devices. I missed when they had the option to order directly.
View All Quotes

"Contact Dealer" is Surefire's filler text for the Add to Cart button when something is out of stock.  Adding to the other poster, I purchased two from two separate shops (Lanbo's and Little Creek) in March of this year.

You can sign up on Daniel Defense's website for in-stock notifications.  They had some midlength tubes as recently as last Thursday, so I'm sure more will pop up soon.  Price is higher than PA, but they have free shipping (FedEx 2-day).
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I placed an order and received two four prongs about a month ago. I see them in stock about once a month.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#46]

I placed an order and received two four prongs about a month ago. I see them in stock about once a month.
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Where?
View All Quotes

Where?

Direct from Surefire.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#48]

This, I ordered one from them a while back.  Anchor Harvey but also dog bone M4 marked.  Still a very nice upper.
View All Quotes

Received 2 last Sat. both were Mueller w/dog bone.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 11:07:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Air_Soft_Contractor] [#49]

View All Quotes

On Surefire's website, the 4 prongs are not listed under their suppressor adapters.

If using Google search, it will show the Surefire 4 prong webpage, but going straight to Surefire, it is well hidden, unlike the rest.

it looks like the list prices have gone up from $149 to $169 now.

Link Posted: 7/7/2022 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Air_Soft_Contractor:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Air_Soft_Contractor:

Ray's Gunworks sent out the following yesterday:

Surefire announcement!! Surefire prices have just gone up at the Wholsale level 12%-15%, all out of stock Surefire items we have listed have been raised to show this increase, all that is left in stock will stay at the old price until we have to order more!
We have seen many companies raise the price on there products over the past few months and we have fought hard to keep our pricing as low as we can, and we will continue to try!
But the inflation is hitting every industry hard and we are no exception, we are only raising our prices because our wholesale prices have gone up and we felt you all deserved to hear it from us directly.
As always thank you all for your continued support

Page / 263
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top