Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2017 4:50:16 PM EDT
Last winter I bit the bullet on a Sig MPX SBR.

To be fair, I have been critical of Sig in the past. They have made a few errors. I think their American made 55x series left a lot to be desired and when they started USA production of the P22x line of DA pistols, accuracy went downhill. That said, their guns have always seemed to be reliable. I know their AR line is a bit over priced but they do seem to function and do seem robust. I have had the chance to get substantial trigger time behind a few. I guess what I'm saying is, I think they are getting somewhat of an undeserved bad rep. The British police are in the process of adopting vast numbers of Sig MCX rifles to replace the G36 and they seem happy with them.

Enter my MPX. I was a bit nervous about it but right out of the box it went 400 rds. with ZERO malfunctions of any type. This includes several brands of ball ammunition as well as a lot of HST, Golden Sabers, and Critical Duty rounds.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope my results are the same as yours. I have an MPX pistol that will have to prove itself before it gets a stamp and I've been holding off on shooting it.

I have a Sig 556 and 522 that I did SBR and all though they aren't problematic I was apprehensive about stamping them (as it voids the warranty). Both were purchased before Sig offered them in SBR format.  I've been seriously considering an MCX. The newer models are pretty sexy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't be happier with my sbr'd mpx. It wears a Tirant 45m and a aimpoint t1 now and has been flawless through 1000+ rounds.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Never owned a Sig rifle, but couldn’t agree less regarding your sentiments pertaining to their pistols over the years.

My father started collecting Sig pistols in the 80’s, and I grew up nearly exclusively shooting Sig semis because of that. Naturally, when I got to the point of starting my own firearm collection, I highly gravitated towards Sig in that area as well. Between my father and I, we now have over two dozen Sig pistols, ranging from the 80’s to present. Several German made, and several American made. They’re all as or more reliable than any semi pistol made, and there’s never been a noticeable difference in accuracy. Frankly, our two most accurate Sigs that actually do stand out a bit, they were both manufactured within the past 5 years. And, round count is not why, either - we have some older German 226’s with sub 1k rounds through them still.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 3:50:22 AM EDT
[#4]
more than happy with my Gen 2 SIG MPX SBR.  It wears an octane 9, and I also replaced the charging handle.  

also happy with my Legion 226 and MK25
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
more than happy with my Gen 2 SIG MPX SBR.  It wears an octane 9, and I also replaced the charging handle.  

also happy with my Legion 226 and MK25
View Quote
 I own a gen 1 MPX  What do you mean when you said you replaced the charging handle? I guess why ? Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the MPX is badass and really innovative, but Sig is a shitty company and the current CEO is a slime ball.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 4:12:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I own a gen 1 MPX  What do you mean when you said you replaced the charging handle? I guess why ? Thanks WarDawg
View Quote
one of these:  https://www.rainierarms.com/next-level-armament-mpx-ambi-charge-handle-and-block-kit/

its ambi, and it helps/fixes the slop seen in the original CH...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top