BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/13/2017 5:04:08 PM EDT
I just saw an online shop selling the LWRC DI for $977 new. $977! That is crazy. I paid a bit more than that and thought I was getting a steal when I got mine. Nothing really comes close to this with all the features it offers stock + the quality parts that make it up. Just a fantastic AR and amazing value for the money now. If I wasn't saving up for other gun stuff, I would be tempted to buy another one at current pricing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I would say this is the current best bang for the buck in post-MAGA prices.

We've seen a lot of affordable AR's descend into the $450-$500 price range.

But the LWRCi is the only $1600 rifle I've come across to go below $1000.

I bought one. Kinda tempted to buy a 2nd for the children I haven't had yet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s a good one. I dunno how the price dropped so much.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:Kinda tempted to buy a 2nd for the children I haven't had yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:Kinda tempted to buy a 2nd for the children I haven't had yet.
Yeah me too. I have seen some of the cerakote versions go for not much more than the black anodized version. A cerakote one would be what I would want.

Quoted:
It’s a good one. I dunno how the price dropped so much.
Between the fancy barrel + BCG+  full ambi-lower + upper with free float hand guard + ambi charging handle, you are looking at a $1600 AR if you tried piecing it together yourself. So for $1000, it is a steal.

Price probably dropped with lower demand since Trump came into office + release of their newer MLOK handguard. Definitely nice for the consumer looking for a high end AR to get something like this at a discount.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got projects and funds allocated to others things going on or I'd jump on one of these in a heartbeat even though I really do not need another AR, let alone one in 5.56 but, I feel it's one of the best values out there currently. The only real complaint I've seen most is with the spiral fluted barrel and while valid, it's hard to argue that the rest of the features that come on this rifle is worth the price they are selling for.

Even though I haven't personally invested in one, I've convinced a couple of my close friends, who were both looking for their first AR, to take a look at these and both of them ended up buying one. I told them that if either of them ended up having buyer's remorse of second thoughts, that I would eventually take if off their hands for what they have in it. Knowing them, I'd be surprised if they even shot a few hundred rounds a year through them so, I know I'd have a solid rifle sometime down the road if that day ever comes.

I currently own two LWRC piston SBR's that I bought back in 2008 and neither one has ever given me any issues and know personally know quite a few people that own LWRC rifles as well so, I have full faith that these wouldn't be any different.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I predict that unless something changes in the near future, there are going to be some real surprises in the BIG name AR companies. Craig
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I predict that unless something changes in the near future, there are going to be some real surprises in the BIG name AR companies. Craig
View Quote
We already saw DD lay off half its work force. High end boutique AR manufacturers are going to be in a hard spot if they don't adopt to the new market.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:39:01 AM EDT
[#7]
JBoy.

That's about what my buddy got me started on them . I bought a 16 inch piston upper and recently one of the 10.5 DI Uppers . That DI pig was loud , but man smooth as all to shoot .
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We already saw DD lay off half its work force. High end boutique AR manufacturers are going to be in a hard spot if they don't adopt to the new market.
View Quote
Yep, there is no real market for super expensive rifles currently.

Also the AR is open source and relatively easy to make, no reason for $1600 AR's to even exist currently unless you're  doing KAC and have a ton of patents in the gun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
JBoy.

That's about what my buddy got me started on them . I bought a 16 inch piston upper and recently one of the 10.5 DI Uppers . That DI pig was loud , but man smooth as all to shoot .
View Quote
That just means you need to take the next step into BRD and get a suppressor for that 10.5 to tame her down a bit..LOL..
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think a lot of the high-output, low price, low quality guys are gonna be in trouble too.

When your margins are based on volume and the volume is not there, bad shit happens.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I need to find one under 1k delivered
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:39:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I need to find one under 1k delivered
View Quote
I got my LWRC DI FDE (cerakote) for $1050 delivered.

$977 for anodized black + shipping: http://www.anacortesgunshop.com/lwrc-di-rifle-556nato-161-30rd-blk-138243  Shipping is going to be around $30-40 depending where you live. Probably closest to your price point. But what is a few bucks over for such a great rifle? Don't let a $15-20 difference make you miss out on the deal.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 4:14:09 AM EDT
[#13]
While very nice, I think the 6920 trooper is the best deal right now
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
While very nice, I think the 6920 trooper is the best deal right now
View Quote
Those are going for what, ~$700?

The extra $270-300 for the LWRC gets you a fully abidextrous lower, ambi charging handle, nicer BCG, a nicer fluted barrel that is NiCorr treated instead of chrome lined (NiCorr >>> chrome). Also get NiCorr treated gas block and gas tube. Also small upgrades like Magpul MOE+ grip over generic government A2 grip & a very nice compact LWRC stock over the generic stock on the Colt.

Now if someone says they don't want those options or need them and they only want a stock Colt, sure get the Colt and save the $300. But, if the person is eventually going to get the Colt and want to upgrade the stock, the grip, get a different BCG...etc. once you start adding things up you start to notice where the premium lies with the LWRC.

Also, Colt is fairly plain Jane and not different from other nice ARs that are a bit cheaper than the Colt, except the Colt has the pony on the side. If one cares about roll marks and a pony, then get the Colt. Otherwise it isn't much different than many other ARs in the same price range or even cheaper. The LWRC actually offers something much different.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I just helped a co-worker pick up her first AR. We decided to go with the core M4 Scout for $498 out the door. After examining the rifle coupled with the core warranty it was an outstanding deal. I agree that AR prices, especially those for high-end guns, will continue to decline while Trump is in office.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The extra $270-300 for the LWRC gets you a fully abidextrous lower, ambi charging handle, nicer BCG, a nicer fluted barrel that is NiCorr treated instead of chrome lined (NiCorr >>> chrome). Also get NiCorr treated gas block and gas tube. Also small upgrades like Magpul MOE+ grip over generic government A2 grip & a very nice compact LWRC stock over the generic stock on the Colt.
View Quote
The LWRC also comes with a Nickel Teflon / NP3 trigger group, midlength gas system, angled foregrip and multiple rail sections and rail covers

Overall, it's pretty state of the art for a factory AR.

Whereas the Colt Trooper is just a 6920 with a pretty basic M LOK handgaurd.

Also look at relative savings by current price drop:

Colt Trooper: MSRP: $1,049  Street price: $687 lowest on slickguns
=Savings of $362

LWRCi DI: MSRP: $1631    Street Price: $977 lowest on Slickguns
= Savings of $654
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#18]
And yet you can still get a Magpul MOE lower from PSA, a complete upper with an ALG handguard from White Oak, and a G2S for about $910. I would rather have that than the LWRC. The "high end" AR makers aren't going to get it figured out in time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:08:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And yet you can still get a Magpul MOE lower from PSA, a complete upper with an ALG handguard from White Oak, and a G2S for about $910. I would rather have that than the LWRC. The "high end" AR makers aren't going to get it figured out in time.
View Quote
You would? Why?

LWRC is fully ambi. That is a nice feature amongst the other features. What does the PSA offer over it that makes the $67 savings worth it?

LWRC handguard is designed to take a grenade launcher on it. LWRC ARs are battle proven (M6) with the British SAS. Sure it isn't the DI model, but much of the same specs and design are carried between the two.

Don't see anything with the PSA that makes it a better deal in value or features or potential resale value if one had to sell in the future.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:17:33 AM EDT
[#20]
That's because it's not a better value at all for $910 vs the features on the LWRC for $977.

For $67 savings, that passes on:
-fully ambi lower with actual bolt hold / bolt release
-Ambi charging handle
-enhanced one piece LWRC BCG with Nickel Boron Coating
-Fluted nitrided barrel
-matched and coined upper and lowers
-angled foregrip, rails, and railcoverings that come with the rifle

To say nothing of having a rifle where 80% of the parts are made in house, and it's all assembled on various jigs to ensure the rifle is always built to the same spec. And of course, the superior resale value of a factory rifle vs a random build on a PSA lower.

Here's a great video on the LWRC, and all that goes into it. By Chris Bartocci, who is a pretty legit source of info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_RHUJDGu7U
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:29:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree for the most part. The best deal around is still the PSA FN chf/cl barreled uppers or build your own, which I can do routinely for under 1k the way I want it.

My latest under $1k build is a Seekins forged set with Seekins small parts/rook flash hider/carrier/adj gb, 16" scout profile barrel and superbolt, Mega adjustable trigger, and a MI gen 2 rail that sits at ~ 6lbs by a crude bathroom scale.

A really good deal that I kick myself over is not picking up a Barret railed rifle for ~$1k when posted on slickguns.com. Otherwise, I've just never been a fan of lwrc and their goofy handguard system.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 3:00:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Now if someone says they don't want those options or need them and they only want a stock Colt, sure get the Colt and save the $300. But, if the person is eventually going to get the Colt and want to upgrade the stock, the grip, get a different BCG...etc. once you start adding things up you start to notice where the premium lies with the LWRC.

Also, Colt is fairly plain Jane and not different from other nice ARs that are a bit cheaper than the Colt, except the Colt has the pony on the side. If one cares about roll marks and a pony, then get the Colt. Otherwise it isn't much different than many other ARs in the same price range or even cheaper. The LWRC actually offers something much different.
View Quote
True

Except I prefer chrome
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone know the best price for a non-black version of this?  Decided to sell something to make room since this deal is just too good to pass up.  My buddy has an lwrc piston gun and it is a great gun.  I'd just prefer something other than black if the price is close.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone know the best price for a non-black version of this?  Decided to sell something to make room since this deal is just too good to pass up.  My buddy has an lwrc piston gun and it is a great gun.  I'd just prefer something other than black if the price is close.
View Quote
When I got mine (FDE) it was $1057 shipped to my FFL. That dealer is out of stock now.

If you are ok with the Flat Dark Red cerakote, you can get it for $1083 +30 shipping from MrGunDealer.com: http://www.mrgundealer.com/product.lwrc-di-semi-auto-556-nato-16-barrel-flat-dark-red-finish-2
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You would? Why?

LWRC is fully ambi. That is a nice feature amongst the other features. What does the PSA offer over it that makes the $67 savings worth it?

LWRC handguard is designed to take a grenade launcher on it. LWRC ARs are battle proven (M6) with the British SAS. Sure it isn't the DI model, but much of the same specs and design are carried between the two.

Don't see anything with the PSA that makes it a better deal in value or features or potential resale value if one had to sell in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You would? Why?

The only thing "PSA" about the combo I listed is the lower receiver itself (and that's not really PSA either).

I would rather have a White Oak Armament barrel over an LWRC all day long, and the G2S will be a better trigger than whatever is in the LWRC.  If Ambi controls are a big deal, swap them out. The LWRC's handguard isn't going to be any better than an ALG.

OP asked if the LWRC was the best bang for the buck. An LWRC is just one of many ways to take $1,000 and wind up with an excellent rifle in today's market. I posted a combo that to me is a better bang for the buck. Many "high-end" ARs just don't offer much of anything special. Once I start spending money on an AR, I want accuracy primarily. I don't put much stock in subjective things like "battle-tested" or "smooth."
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you are ok with the Flat Dark Red cerakote, you can get it for $1083 +30 shipping from MrGunDealer.com: http://www.mrgundealer.com/product.lwrc-di-semi-auto-556-nato-16-barrel-flat-dark-red-finish-2
View Quote
Thanks man.  That may be the ONLY non-black color that I can't swing.  If anyone else has leads on cheap patriot brown, FDE or grey, let me know.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Have any of you guys seen the FDE version that comes with the FDE Magpul PRS Gen 2 stock?  It appears it may be a Lipsey's distributor installed model.

FDE with PRS stock

Just hadn't seen this mentioned so thought I would ask.  I love the PRS I have on my GAP10.  It wouldn't necessarily choose it for this gun given the weight of the stock, but in terms of bargain, it seems to make a great deal even better.  Oh, and I'm seeing it for under 1100 at a few places, forgot to add that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#28]
They have a new version out with a new rail. The older version is a grand from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Without a doubt the best bang for your buck at $900-$1000, if you're tired of the usual stuff and want a high end factory rifle.  10 years ago people would've stood in line to pay $2000 for it, 5 years ago it would've still been flying off the shelves at $1500.  All these $400 PSA rifles have destroyed people's perception of value.  Now if it's over $500 it's automatically too expensive.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#30]
$1057 for the FDE cerakote version. Basically only $80 over the anodized black version. Can't be this deal at all for a top shelf AR. Get em while they are in stock. They won't last long at this price.

http://tsswarehouse.com/shop/lwrc-di-223-rem-5-56-nato-semi-auto-rifle-16-1-barrel-flat-dark-earth-cerakote-finish-lwrc-icdir5ck16prs/
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The only thing "PSA" about the combo I listed is the lower receiver itself (and that's not really PSA either).

I would rather have a White Oak Armament barrel over an LWRC all day long, and the G2S will be a better trigger than whatever is in the LWRC.  If Ambi controls are a big deal, swap them out. The LWRC's handguard isn't going to be any better than an ALG.

OP asked if the LWRC was the best bang for the buck. An LWRC is just one of many ways to take $1,000 and wind up with an excellent rifle in today's market. I posted a combo that to me is a better bang for the buck. Many "high-end" ARs just don't offer much of anything special. Once I start spending money on an AR, I want accuracy primarily. I don't put much stock in subjective things like "battle-tested" or "smooth."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You would? Why?

You can't swap out the full ambi LWRC bits into the PSA lower. The bolt catch/release is what makes the LWRC lower fully ambi and cannot be simply swapped over. The lower on the LWRC is also machined properly for a magazine release on both the right/left side, reducing the chances of accidentally popping the mag out.

The LWRC setup is a far better deal than any 900+ PSA build.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You would? Why?

Why do you refer to a rifle that would have a WOA barrel, an ALG handguard, an upper assembled by WOA, a Geissele trigger, and Magpul lower furniture as a "PSA build?" It seems to me like you either don't know what these components are or you're being deliberately obtuse.  

Here's a thread that discusses the LWRC.

And here's a good, recent review of LWRC

It seems like it's pretty accurate, but you'll be replacing the trigger, running the cost back up around $1,100-$1,200, depending on what you put in. I see the LWRC as one of many competitive options at that price point. A LaRue kit with the upper assembled by LaRue would be one too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
$1057 for the FDE cerakote version. Basically only $80 over the anodized black version. Can't be this deal at all for a top shelf AR. Get em while they are in stock. They won't last long at this price.

http://tsswarehouse.com/shop/lwrc-di-223-rem-5-56-nato-semi-auto-rifle-16-1-barrel-flat-dark-earth-cerakote-finish-lwrc-icdir5ck16prs/
View Quote
Thanks for the tip on this place.  Just ordered.  $1067 out the door, shipped, with no CC fees.  And the 200 dollar prs stock.  Super excited.  Have a spare g2s trigger ready to drop in when she arrives.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
If only that were true for KAC prices lol. Seems they've gone up
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I agree....

I am actually a very big fan of KAC products, but I have been trying to thin out the collection and KAC is part of that. Prices on some items are just plain crazy.

I really like the LWRCi DI rifle and personally prefer their lower to the KAC lower. I plan to sell off the last of my KAC lowers to obtain more of the LWRCi ambi lowers, as I think they are done very well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes. FO and FO now

It is very high quality rifle for $1000

It is literally the same rifle as their $2400 piston gun... just without the piston and iron sights. Let that sink in...

Here is my DI. It is cerakoted Gun Metal Grey.

I installed a Geissele SSA-E trigger, a PWS muzzle device, Magpul CTR stock, a Surefire P2X Fury light in gear sector mount.
I also put an Aimpoint T2 with a Larue Mount on it, and Magpul Pro backup sights.

It is an awesome rifle. I really like it.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:12:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I posted this question over on the lwrc forums but they get no action. Let me know if y'all have any suggestions. TIA

Question for you, and I have looked all over the internet but haven't found an answer yet. I'd like to put a sling swivel on my rail so that I can mount my harris bipod to it. I can't find a clear answer on how this is done. I do not want to add a rail section, then an adapter, then the harris. Done that once on another rifle and ditched it because too much space and weight and unnecessary connections. And I have three Harris's with pod locks so not interested in switching to atlas just for this rifle.

Have any of you had any luck with a direct mount sling swivel? Before the days of Mlok and key mod, I had some success rigging up swivels through rail holes or slots that work great, like the JP sling swivel nut adapter. Wondering if any of you have ideas on any similar solutions. I even read where some of the holes on the underside of the LWRC rail may be threaded? Seems like an obvious solution if someone made a direct thread sling nut.

I don't have my rifle in hand yet, but from what I've read, I don't think this rifle has the new mlok rail I've read about. If it does, then problem solved.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I posted this question over on the lwrc forums but they get no action. Let me know if y'all have any suggestions. TIA

Question for you, and I have looked all over the internet but haven't found an answer yet. I'd like to put a sling swivel on my rail so that I can mount my harris bipod to it. I can't find a clear answer on how this is done. I do not want to add a rail section, then an adapter, then the harris. Done that once on another rifle and ditched it because too much space and weight and unnecessary connections. And I have three Harris's with pod locks so not interested in switching to atlas just for this rifle.

Have any of you had any luck with a direct mount sling swivel? Before the days of Mlok and key mod, I had some success rigging up swivels through rail holes or slots that work great, like the JP sling swivel nut adapter. Wondering if any of you have ideas on any similar solutions. I even read where some of the holes on the underside of the LWRC rail may be threaded? Seems like an obvious solution if someone made a direct thread sling nut.

I don't have my rifle in hand yet, but from what I've read, I don't think this rifle has the new mlok rail I've read about. If it does, then problem solved.

Thanks in advance for any input.
View Quote
Harris makes a bunch of different  adapters that can work. I have one rail where I drilled out a hole, tapped it, and screwed one of Harris's  threaded adapters in, secured with green Loctite. If  there is enough clearance between the rail and barrel, you can use the Harris adapter made for wood stocks that has the backing plate. That set up is rock solid. I find both of these solutions superior to rail type adapters.

Magpul also makes a fairly low profile bipod stud for Mlok rails.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Harris makes a bunch of different  adapters that can work. I have one rail where I drilled out a hole, tapped it, and screwed one of Harris's  threaded adapters in, secured with green Loctite. If  there is enough clearance between the rail and barrel, you can use the Harris adapter made for wood stocks that has the backing plate. That set up is rock solid. I find both of these solutions superior to rail type adapters.

Magpul also makes a fairly low profile bipod stud for Mlok rails.
View Quote
Great advice.  Thanks.  I have a spare one of those backing plate type adapters.  I will try that first, but I like the thread and tap idea too.  Rifle arrives on Friday.  Very excited.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#40]
How does this rifle stack up to the LMT Mars-L? I am considering one of these two.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How does this rifle stack up to the LMT Mars-L? I am considering one of these two.
View Quote
They are both very good quality rifles.

How much is an LMT Mars-L complete rifle?

I saw a lower for $770
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
The LMT Mars L was the rifle I was going to buy, until I snagged the LWRC when this sale happened.

Both are well made ambi AR's. LWRC has the benefit of M-Lok handguards, fluted barrel, and nickel boron coatings.

The LMT has a monolithic but shorter handgaurd, and LMT's really awesome quick change barrel system, which allows you to swap barrels with two little screws.

But with the ability to get the LWRC for $1000 vs the $1600-$2000 of the LMT...
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I got one with M-LOK rail and it is great rifle, priced normal. Trigger will be replaced soon and couple of minor things. Near to my Veprs:

http://le0pold.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-2/p2588984279-6.jpg
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:49:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
You could shot cheap russian ammo with crome lined barrels. Not with NiCorr, so no it is not better barrel but LWRC rifles are excellent in general. I do own Windham which is also excellent AR with chrome lined barrel. Takes any ammo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:51:00 AM EDT
[#45]
I have one on layaway at Buds thats Cerakote FDE and comes with a Magpul PRS Gen 2.

All for the incredibly low price of $1080.

Hell of a deal for these guns.

I plan on getting the MLok rail for it and swapping the PRS for an SL-S. Will probably sell the PRS on the EE.

Anyone considering these guns should pony up now while they can.

Quoted:

You could shot cheap russian ammo with crome lined barrels. Not with NiCorr, so no it is not better barrel but LWRC rifles are excellent in general. I do own Windham which is also excellent AR with chrome lined barrel. Takes any ammo.
View Quote
You have no clue what you're talking about

NiCorr is harder than chrome. It's LWRCI's proprietary nitride type finish that they have been doing for years. Cheap steel ammo wont do shit to the barrel.

You shouldn't steel case to begin with when Wolf Gold is practically the same price.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That's because it's not a better value at all for $910 vs the features on the LWRC for $977.

For $67 savings, that passes on:
-fully ambi lower with actual bolt hold / bolt release

To say nothing of having a rifle where 80% of the parts are made in house, and it's all assembled on various jigs to ensure the rifle is always built to the same spec. And of course, the superior resale value of a factory rifle vs a random build on a PSA lower.
View Quote
Downside is they have a lot of proprietary parts.  If spare parts ever become unavailable/discontinued and special parts need replaced, you've a full ambi paperweight.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#47]
It's a high quality rifle for $1k.  But as has been said up thread, there's better options for the money.

I'd take a WOA barreled rifle with a G trigger over the LWRC all day any day.  I don't care about proprietary ambi controls.....actually, I'd pay to NOT have them.  If anything breaks on my guns, I like to be able to fix it myself with readily available parts and not be stuck with an expensive paperweight.

And I'd DEFINITELY take the Larue Ultimate Kits that are on sale right now for $800.  If you can assemble your own AR and have (or go buy one) a spare stripped lower, that's a STUPID deal on a Larue.  And it's got a better trigger and barrel than the LWRC.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have one on layaway at Buds thats Cerakote FDE and comes with a Magpul PRS Gen 2.

All for the incredibly low price of $1080.

Hell of a deal for these guns.

I plan on getting the MLok rail for it and swapping the PRS for an SL-S. Will probably sell the PRS on the EE.

Anyone considering these guns should pony up now while they can.

You have no clue what you're talking about

NiCorr is harder than chrome. It's LWRCI's proprietary nitride type finish that they have been doing for years. Cheap steel ammo wont do shit to the barrel.

You shouldn't steel case to begin with when Wolf Gold is practically the same price.
View Quote
Unfortunatly to you my friend any millitary barrels are Chrome lined, that is including good military style rifles like HK, FN, IWI, CZ or even Daniel etc, and I believe you are having no clue if you are saying that hard is all you need, you also need better corrosion prevention. I could shot any ammo with my chrome lined Veprs or Arsenal AK’s and i was getting all kind of problems on every third round on nitride barreled cra. Sig M400 AR. What ammo I have to shot is up to me, I shot any.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Just picked up my di fde with prs stock today. Love this gun. Ambi controls are as nice as my GAP 10. Also love the spiral fluted barrel. Dropped in g2s trigger, aac brake and Burris xtr. I have a bunch of ARs but haven't been this excited about one in a while. Great value for top shelf gun imho

Go Astros!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Downside is they have a lot of proprietary parts.  If spare parts ever become unavailable/discontinued and special parts need replaced, you've a full ambi paperweight.
View Quote
I don't think they do have any proprietary parts other then the bolt catch/release; basically a) a part with no reason to break b) a part that could easily be purchased now as a spare c) could likely be replaced with a non-ambi bolt catch.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top