Page / 115
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BLOSS:
https://i.imgur.com/6uY5FEol.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uGhas5Wl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iBWzr1rl.jpg

can in jail since september otherwise about done....
View Quote
How did you mark yours, hand stamps? Looks solid, much more roll-mark like and less laser perfect.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
its a reweld. those marks were made by General Motors :)

thats how ya do it. I wish i could find a complete magwell HM demill. id learn to tig just to do that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

thats how ya do it. I wish i could find a complete magwell HM demill. id learn to tig just to do that.
View Quote
Dumb question: Where does one find demills?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:44:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#4]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:
Dumb question: Where does one find demills?
View Quote
I've seen them on GB.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote
It's stamped, and a damned good job. Really replicated the roll marking very well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm assuming to do that with hand stamps you'd need a really snug fitting steel magwell block to brace the magwell, am I right?

Also notice he showed the cut off chunk next to the lower, couldn't be a reweld. He just copied the lower 1:1.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:36:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#7]
thats a very good job. I wouldnt be able to not eff that up at some point. its tedious and takes time. yes u would just make an insert so it doesnt deform the metal as u stamp. fooled me!

Took the H and the C7CT to the range today. BOTH rifles held zero. Mk12 cold bore was 1" left and a tad low. 2-3rd shot were back on center. C7CT cold bore was 3/4" left and 2-3rd shots were top of center. No constant rezeroing with these mounts and optics! makes life easy!

ps just deal with the 50% Mk12 Duo Pics. lol

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Put this together today. Finding the correct stock was tough, glad I waited and found the right one in great condition. Was not the easiest stock to install, keeping the detent spring straight was difficult.
What buffer and spring does everyone use with the ace stock? Its a carbine tube, I used a colt carbine spring and H buffer. Barrel will most likely be a Bartlein from CLE, unsure of the gas port size on CLE barrels.

https://i.imgur.com/mThhmtx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wkbnz5z.jpg
View Quote
Can't help on the gas port size but..

Good choice on making that lower an H clone.
That will be slick when its done.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#9]
thats a very good job. I wouldnt be able to not eff that up at some point. its tedious and takes time. yes u would just make an insert so it doesnt deform the metal as u stamp. fooled me!

Took the H and the C7CT to the range today. BOTH rifles held zero. Mk12 cold bore was 1" left and a tad low. 2-3rd shot were back on center. C7CT cold bore was 3/4" left and 2-3rd shots were top of center. No constant rezeroing with these mounts and optics! makes life easy!

https://i.postimg.cc/6qV9bzHw/IMG-20190501-180428.jpgtcf bank branch locations
https://i.postimg.cc/5y5sHFtn/IMG-20190501-175808.jpgmajor banks near me[/url[url=https://postimg.cc/5YH9rMjt]https://i.postimg.cc/cHhKrxSf/IMG-20190501-175721.jpg[/url[url=https://postimg.cc/qtWHz6Mk]https://i.postimg.cc/Px5XV1g8/IMG-20190501-174310-489.jpg[/url[url=https://postimg.cc/f3n6snHL]https://i.postimg.cc/SKJqWmCW/IMG-20190501-175747.jpg
View Quote
What's with the "find banks near me" links?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks postimage! they snuck it in the huperlink. im on mobile, didnt catch that! ill clean that shit upppp
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Can I still call it a Holland?

This thing is like the Hubble compared to the 3.5-10.

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks postimage! they snuck it in the huperlink. im on mobile, didnt catch that! ill clean that shit upppp
View Quote
They wanna make that $$$$
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#13]

https://i.postimg.cc/6qV9bzHw/IMG-20190501-180428.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/5y5sHFtn/IMG-20190501-175808.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/cHhKrxSf/IMG-20190501-175721.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/Px5XV1g8/IMG-20190501-174310-489.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/SKJqWmCW/IMG-20190501-175747.jpg
View Quote
.224 Valkyrie?

The rig with that old school freefloat tube and cut down FSB looks awesome.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I thought he had been playing with his 733 Commando and watching Heat.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:
View All Quotes
I need to watch that again. It's been too long.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Echo, its a $59 ebay AL ff tube.....and its lovely lol. I chopped the fsb down, its a classic Canadian gwot look.

yep, .224V. its like cheating. Its a mini creedmoor. if I ever make a mod 0 or a SAM-R, it will be .224V. 18-20" is good

soooo, my 733 11.5" barrel was stolen by my modern SBR, so the heat gun is currently a 10.3" retro upper. I am always swapping bbl lemgths from 10.3 - 11.5 - 14.5 on that upper. I dumpppp ammo with the 733 upper. its dangerous. beware building one and then watching that movie! lol
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Echo, its a $59 ebay AL ff tube.....and its lovely lol. I chopped the fsb down, its a classic Canadian gwot look.

yep, .224V. its like cheating. Its a mini creedmoor. if I ever make a mod 0 or a SAM-R, it will be .224V. 18-20" is good

soooo, my 733 11.5" barrel was stolen by my modern SBR, so the heat gun is currently a 10.3" retro upper. I am always swapping bbl lemgths from 10.3 - 11.5 - 14.5 on that upper. I dumpppp ammo with the 733 upper. its dangerous. beware building one and then watching that movie! lol
View Quote
I had to read that twice. His SBR was stolen?? Fuck!

Wait.

Oh...geez okay.. he repurposed that shit.

Long week. My CNC VMC is broken and I have been playing with manual crap lately. The new Okuma is supposed to be up next week. Thank you, Jesus.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#18]
lol im partial to manual mills myself ;)

yeah i need another 11.5" barrel. but im always redoing builds. in time. i got finals and then i gotta get a reap machining job, so i can afford more clones hahaha
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 4:07:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lancecriminal86] [#19]
A longstanding mystery is now answered:

Link Posted: 5/3/2019 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
What was the mystery again? I probably read it...then I forgot it. Getting old is a bitch. Family history of dementia.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#21]

What was the mystery again? I probably read it...then I forgot it. Getting old is a bitch. Family history of dementia.
View Quote
A little hint:
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 5:12:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44Echo10] [#22]
Shoulder location on the barrel and depth of the step in the collar.

The Noveske is the real deal barrel...right?
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Did I imply either barrel wasn't a real deal?
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 5:25:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44Echo10] [#24]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Obviously they are real.

You scored an H take off barrel? Probably a better phrasing.  Cool beans, man.

ETA: Or, both are H take off barrels. Even cooler
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Obviously they are real.

You scored an H take off barrel? Probably a better phrasing.  Cool beans, man.

ETA: Or, both are H take off barrels. Even cooler
View Quote
Those are indeed legit Holland barrels, neither mine nor "takeoffs", just removed for pics to finally solve the mystery.

Bottom one is a "prototype" Holland barrel from the first few made, top is a Noveske as seen on the rest of them. Note that it is NOT a Recon profile.

So, now we know why PRI's Bergara barrels are profiled like this...

16" Bergara barrel

I guess we have a new crown for "most correct commercial Holland barrel"
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:58:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#26]
But who here has used/shot a Bergara H barrel? I've looked at them but can't find any actual Bergara users, other than CVA black powder shooters.

ETA For the same price, you're in WOA territory.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:
But who here has used/shot a Bergara H barrel? I've looked at them but can't find any actual Bergara users, other than CVA black powder shooters.

View Quote
The Bergara barrels on the B14s and HMRs have been solid sub minute in both 308 and 6.5 on an the examples I've seen.

No direct experience with their barrels on a gas gun, but it should translate well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#28]
oooh good info. ill.get a pei tu e next go around after this Bison is shot tf out :)

glad its resdy to go, and to spec :)
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#29]
oooh good info. ill.get a pei tu e next go around after this Bison is shot tf out :)

View Quote
Say what now? Been have we?
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I couldn't speak English, let alone type it, the last time I got in to grandma's cough syrup either.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
Well, Valar Morghulis to you too brother.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 8:07:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#32]
OMFG i hate my phone sometimes. jeusssss

Good to know, ill pick up a *PRI tube next go around*

LOL
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

View Quote
I have a Bergara barrel in my mod 1 and it's one of the nicest barrels I own.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:15:14 AM EDT
[#35]
nice mount. aint it lovely???

290days on the AEM5. TIME TO CALL MY CONGRESSMAN

Link Posted: 5/14/2019 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#36]
So I’ve been curious as to why some H’s have a MOD0 length handguard and the Hollands that PRI has on their website don’t? They have a shorter “rail”
And retain the flip front site where others have a rail sight?

Also how does the MODH stand up accuracy wise?

I’m torn between a PRI 0 or H I’ve got a 10.3 now that’ll be my lower for the time being till I get a more correct lower.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JustinRyan:
So I’ve been curious as to why some H’s have a MOD0 length handguard and the Hollands that PRI has on their website don’t? They have a shorter “rail”
And retain the flip front site where others have a rail sight?

Also how does the MODH stand up accuracy wise?

I’m torn between a PRI 0 or H I’ve got a 10.3 now that’ll be my lower for the time being till I get a more correct lower.
View Quote
The handguard is the same whether it's a 0 or a H. The H runs the shorter "recce rail" from the upper to the rail on the handguard.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 3:28:40 AM EDT
[#38]

https://i.postimg.cc/8k7LXLPz/IMG-20190514-001213.jpg
View Quote
It's been good on my Mod 1 so no complaints here on the Holland.  That's a long wait but at least you're able to get one unlike me in da middle of da sea.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#39]

https://i.postimg.cc/8k7LXLPz/IMG-20190514-001213.jpg
View Quote
I want to say mine was around 330 days, but that was a couple years ago.  I have a Thunderbeast in jail now but it's so fresh I'm not even looking at days.  If I get it before 2020 I would be surprised.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Has anyone had clearance issues between the gas block and top rail screw on the forearm? Been chasing accuracy issues with this thing and I got to looking down the tube and noticed the top of the block looked awful close to the retainer plate. I could see the end of the screw poking through the plate and looked like it was touching the block. I pulled the screw and can see a big shiny spot no the block where it's been hammering the end of the screw.

Might try to shoot it without that screw in place and if that doesn't work I think it's going to need a teardown and maybe lap the receiver face.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Just looked at mine and the second screw from the end of the top rail is very close, could be in contact during recoil but I've not had any issues with it.

Pri Douglas barrel and gas block on mine. Did not pull the screw yet.

What accuracy issues are you having?
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RMiller:
Just looked at mine and the second screw from the end of the top rail is very close, could be in contact during recoil but I've not had any issues with it.

Pri Douglas barrel and gas block on mine. Did not pull the screw yet.

What accuracy issues are you having?
View Quote
Huge, wandering groups. Standard 193/855 and match grade stuff all group the same and are in the 2" or better range. I can also move the grouping around a bit depending on how I load the bipod. I suspect the loading is flexing the forearm some and pressing that screw into the block even harder causing it to flex/change the harmonics.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Interesting, mine has been very consistent with mk262 mod 1 which is all I shoot and looks like my screw is touching as well.

I'll have to pull it out later to confirm and see if that changes anything, I am hesitant to mess with it though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I put a plastic washer on my screw and that took care of it.  Screw is flush with plate now.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 7:18:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engel12626] [#45]
Has anyone had clearance issues between the gas block and top rail screw on the forearm?
View Quote
Had the same issue. Cut the back plate and I just don't use that second screw. No more problems.

I figured it was just my adjustable gas block, but I guess not.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Ugh I’m seriously considering parting out my Mod 1 upper to build either this with a Bison Armory barrel.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Engel12626:
Had the same issue. Cut the back plate and I just don't use that second screw. No more problems.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engel12626:
Has anyone had clearance issues between the gas block and top rail screw on the forearm?

I was wondering if mine was still hitting the plate during flex so I pulled the whole plate out but the end of the rail is super floppy. Figured I could cut it down and just run the front one. I've got other issues I need to look into, but I think that's how it will go back together.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Has anyone had clearance issues between the gas block and top rail screw on the forearm? Been chasing accuracy issues with this thing and I got to looking down the tube and noticed the top of the block looked awful close to the retainer plate. I could see the end of the screw poking through the plate and looked like it was touching the block. I pulled the screw and can see a big shiny spot no the block where it's been hammering the end of the screw.

Might try to shoot it without that screw in place and if that doesn't work I think it's going to need a teardown and maybe lap the receiver face.
View Quote
I removed the screw and metal plate and massaged off metal from the plate and then made the screw flush with that. I had been using an SLR and then a Wojtek agb and the SLR was WAY high. I had to mill off metal from that. I did just recently go to a PRI adj gas block and it fits fine (have to pull the forearm to adjust tho.).

this is really a design flaw that I wonder how many people catch. mine used to be ON the GB, groups alll over the place!

PS: 306 days, still pending.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#49]
I removed the screw and metal plate and massaged off metal from the plate and then made the screw flush with that. I had been using an SLR and then a Wojtek agb and the SLR was WAY high. I had to mill off metal from that. I did just recently go to a PRI adj gas block and it fits fine (have to pull the forearm to adjust tho.).

this is really a design flaw that I wonder how many people catch. mine used to be ON the GB, groups alll over the place!

View All Quotes

Mine was definitely on the block, though judging by my test groups, it was not affecting anything.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Is it really a design flaw or was the PRI forearm out before the mid-length gas location was a common thing and just lack of foresight by the designer/s?

Have you fellows got a fix that works figured out?

The forearm, recce rail, and barrel are all the higher dollar things I need for an H. I am now considering a Block II recce with a DD rail since this seems to be a common theme with the PRI system.

I really wanted to do an H build in 6.8 SPC since the man had a big hand in both...and 6.8 was looked at early on in the SPR development.
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top