BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 115
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Working on this bad Larry, should be finished next week.

2019-03-30_01-40-30 by mattnewman98, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have it on very good authority that Crane is requiring the turn in of all the Ops Inc 12th Model cans, for certain for at least 1 company that was still using Hollands.

Gents, this may be the end of an era if some strings can't be pulled.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:39:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
I have it on very good authority that Crane is requiring the turn in of all the Ops Inc 12th Model cans, for certain for at least 1 company that was still using Hollands.

View Quote
So were they going to get a "suitable replacement" (another brand) or was it a "turn that shit in"? Just when I'm getting stuff together for a Mod H-URX...

ETA Checking the date. Hmm...
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#5]
nooooooooooooooOOoOoooOoOoOooooooooo
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
Just doing the math I'm more than certain these cans have surpassed their 30k service life.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:16:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JAR-SPR:

Just doing the math I'm more than certain these cans have surpassed their 30k service life.
View Quote
For certain they have, problem is they still work just as well as they ever did. AFAIK no explanation came in as to why, just that they got a notification Crane wanted them turned in.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:35:43 AM EDT
[#8]
For certain they have, problem is they still work just as well as they ever did. AFAIK no explanation came in as to why, just that they got a notification Crane wanted them turned in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That is a complete waste.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Seriously eyeballin' the CLE Recce barrel because it's a 16.1" Douglas and it comes with the Ops Inc cut. I'm thinking 1:8 (mainly 77g and below) and the CLE Match chamber. Is anyone else running this barrel or have pros vs cons on this line of thought? I know the real deal is a 1:7 but I dont plan on shooting tracers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:
Seriously eyeballin' the CLE Recce barrel because it's a 16.1" Douglas and it comes with the Ops Inc cut. I'm thinking 1:8 (mainly 77g and below) and the CLE Match chamber. Is anyone else running this barrel or have pros vs cons on this line of thought? I know the real deal is a 1:7 but I dont plan on shooting tracers.
View Quote
The real deal were 1:7 Noveske and were/are absolute lasers.

Short of that a CLE is probably as good as you'll get, or a White Oak custom order with Ops profile.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Short of that a CLE is probably as good as you'll get, or a White Oak custom order with Ops profile.
View All Quotes

I'm thinking of re-barreling my H. The BA just doesn't shoot all that great. I like WOA, they did a telephone pole (24" 1" from chamber to gas block, .961 from gas block to muzzle) of a barrel for me that's a laser. What did you tell them? "I want a 16" with muzzle contour for Ops collar? What profile? Gov?
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
I know that you, and a few others, are in the know. Noveske isn't an option, WOA won't turn a single order barrel (their "base" barrels are some of the best I have ever shot) even though they already have the data. So that leaves PRI  and CLE as "on hand" quality barrels. Both use Douglas blanks. I don't know who turns PRI barrels, CLE turns their own and is a know quantity in the precision shooting world.
From the "stories" I researched is that the 1:7 was settled on to stabilize tracers (initial weight being heavier and a longer bullet), if they needed to be shot (target marking and fire distribution control measure). True or not true?
I value accuracy over clone correctness, by a small bit. Correct profile is the correct profile.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 11:08:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#14]
I'd give Bison Armory a real hard look as well.  It shoots as well as my WOA and my CLE barrels did.  It's hard to say which is best since I've become a better shooter, but I'm going to order another one this summer if that tells you anything.  Not sure how much more life this one has on it, I think groups are starting to open up a bit past 300.

1:8 or 1:7 will both work great, unless you start throwing 90s out there like Blue, then you might want a 1:7.  I will say thing, I've shot 50s out of a bunch of 1:7 barrels and they've always been accurate, so I think that's the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I know that you, and a few others, are in the know. Noveske isn't an option, WOA won't turn a single order barrel (their "base" barrels are some of the best I have ever shot) even though they already have the data. So that leaves PRI  and CLE as "on hand" quality barrels. Both use Douglas blanks. I don't know who turns PRI barrels, CLE turns their own and is a know quantity in the precision shooting world.
From the "stories" I researched is that the 1:7 was settled on to stabilize tracers (initial weight being heavier and a longer bullet), if they needed to be shot (target marking and fire distribution control measure). True or not true?
I value accuracy over clone correctness, by a small bit. Correct profile is the correct profile.
View All Quotes

My point is that any hang ups about 1:7 twist and tracers are about senseless at this point. 1:7 is going to do plenty fine with the lighter stuff, but will do great with the heavier grains that these guns were built for. Compass Lake can do you a Bartlein too if you want to spend extra for some of the best blanks out there, or at least according to some of the pro shooters. Not sure if Krieger is still where they used to be on the pile, but they too used to be top shelf blanks.

When I emailed WOA about getting a 16" Carbine Gas match barrel with Ops contour, and their reply: "We could do a 16” custom barrel for you.  The price would be $325 and we would build it to your specs." So not sure where the impression was that they won't do them, because I know a few folks in here have done the WOA route before. I also know someone on here that used to be a vendor ordered a big batch and sold them for a good price.

Really it comes down to 1) Blank Quality, and 2) Who chambers it. CLE and WOA check both boxes for sure, and Bison seem to be the next step down in terms of price for performance. Ballistic Advantage for sure helped blow up the Holland market by taking our emails and making the 16" Tac Gov barrels with 12th Model profile, but you'll hear more variance around on the results folks get.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 1:07:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#16]

My point is that any hang ups about 1:7 twist and tracers are about senseless at this point. 1:7 is going to do plenty fine with the lighter stuff, but will do great with the heavier grains that these guns were built for. Compass Lake can do you a Bartlein too if you want to spend extra for some of the best blanks out there, or at least according to some of the pro shooters. Not sure if Krieger is still where they used to be on the pile, but they too used to be top shelf blanks.

When I emailed WOA about getting a 16" Carbine Gas match barrel with Ops contour, and their reply: "We could do a 16” custom barrel for you.  The price would be $325 and we would build it to your specs." So not sure where the impression was that they won't do them, because I know a few folks in here have done the WOA route before. I also know someone on here that used to be a vendor ordered a big batch and sold them for a good price.

Really it comes down to 1) Blank Quality, and 2) Who chambers it. CLE and WOA check both boxes for sure, and Bison seem to be the next step down in terms of price for performance. Ballistic Advantage for sure helped blow up the Holland market by taking our emails and making the 16" Tac Gov barrels with 12th Model profile, but you'll hear more variance around on the results folks get.
View Quote
Bison may be a step down in price, but I wouldn't put it a step down in performance.  That's not me repping a brand either, I'll whore myself out to whoever performs, I'm not that loyal.  I have experience with both CLE and WOA, I'd switch any one of those three out for the other.  That's just my personal experience; however, I think Blue also has had a few of those brands so I'd be interested to hear his opinion as well.

Another barrel to look at would be the Criterion barrels.  I have no personal experience with one, but I shoot with a guy who has one and it's competitive with the other three mentioned.  Getting an 18" Larue and having ADCO to trim it and turn it to the appropriate profile is another option if you can get one on sale.

Honestly, once you start getting to .75 MOA range, shooting mechanics, reloading practices, and reading the conditions will start playing a bigger part.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 9:54:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#17]
Looks like I need a Mod-H scope... can't decide on what to get, not to mention finding one lol.

There's always the 112633, but not seeing any for sane prices.  Was considering the Leu 3.5-10, but would really prefer the mil/mil FFP version which has m5 turrents, so I guess it's not kosher?  Or maybe one of of the FDE versions, which is M2/2FP and is on the list.  But then figured I was going to spend that much coin, why not go ahead and get the NXS 2.5-10x24... but I don't see it on the list now either - I thought the NXS's were good to go for the Mod-H?  Did they get removed or am I just mis-remembering... any version 24/32/42?  An ITW scope is good by me, I guess it's time to scroll back through the threads...

Rules man, getting me down lol.

EDIT - this might be why I was thinking NXS was gtg - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/520524_Official-Mk12-Mod0--Mod1--ModH-Photo-and-Discussion-Thread.html&page=547#i7008065 - but as I recall there was some controversy as well lol
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#18]
1: chenny nailed it

2: i had a $200 MOD H woa and when groups opened up and the throat washed out i went with a bison

3: id go with a $200 1/7 bison. gives me 8 turns on an aem5 and its accurate and NOT GOVT Profile. its SPR contour.

4: 1/7 can sling 77gr TMK to 1000yds with ease.

BISON ARMORY!
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By blkrmycs:
because picture thread    <a href="http://i.imgur.com/IDLvYcg.jpg</a>" >[url]http://i.imgur.com/IDLvYcg.jpg">http://i.imgur.com/IDLvYcg.jpg">[url=https://imgur.com/IDLvYcg]http://i.imgur.com/IDLvYcg.jpg
View Quote
That looks pretty good - I tried the Jute Twine ~ Luttrell's rifle, but never could get it to work well.  It kept spinning and unravelling, etc - was a pita to get tied correctly and tight.  I finally just gave up on it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 8:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#20]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:
Looks like I need a Mod-H scope... can't decide on what to get, not to mention finding one lol.

There's always the 112633, but not seeing any for sane prices.  Was considering the Leu 3.5-10, but would really prefer the mil/mil FFP version which has m5 turrents, so I guess it's not kosher?  Or maybe one of of the FDE versions, which is M2/2FP and is on the list.  But then figured I was going to spend that much coin, why not go ahead and get the NXS 2.5-10x24... but I don't see it on the list now either - I thought the NXS's were good to go for the Mod-H?  Did they get removed or am I just mis-remembering... any version 24/32/42?  An ITW scope is good by me, I guess it's time to scroll back through the threads...

Rules man, getting me down lol.

EDIT - this might be why I was thinking NXS was gtg - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/520524_Official-Mk12-Mod0--Mod1--ModH-Photo-and-Discussion-Thread.html&page=547#i7008065 - but as I recall there was some controversy as well lol
View Quote
Wound up finding a nice older 3.5-10x40 for the Mod-H for a great deal.  Don't need no stinkin' FDE Unicorn anyway lol.

No-Hump 22M's... now that's a different story.  Who's got a spare set laying around  Found!

EDIT.. OF course, next day, nice FDE 3.5-10x40 comes up in EE...  so now I have an extra lol.  Guess I can flip it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:
A lot of good stuff posted this page.

I think I need to start looking at making a return trip to Hollandville.
View Quote

Disregard lower and glass.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

https://i.postimg.cc/qvkVD7Sr/Holland2.jpg

Disregard lower and glass.
View Quote
Great camo.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Been going back and forth with recce rail and w/o using the Larue LT104.  Back to the Arms nls rings and recce rail

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#24]
lt-104 and recce/arms are the two worst options imho. *wandering zero*
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 12:36:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
View Quote
True that.  I noticed the zero is way off between the two and I mean way off.  Once zeroed though it's on target.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
.Gov is known for wasting big money. Ive seen them scrap dumpster loads of brand spanking new snap on tools and snap on tool boxes..Im talking about many many thousands of dollars of never used tools.  If they dont spend all of their budgeted funds they get less budgeted to them the following year.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Veprz:
.Gov is known for wasting big money. Ive seen them scrap dumpster loads of brand spanking new snap on tools and snap on tool boxes..Im talking about many many thousands of dollars of never used tools.  If they dont spend all of their budgeted funds they get less budgeted to them the following year.
View All Quotes

My unit spent a bunch of money at the end of the year on shop equipment (jack stands, jacks, various tools and supplies). We had an inventory about a year later and we were told to shit-can nearly all of it since they didn't have NSN's since they were local purchase stuff.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#28]
NF A107s are an option with the recce rail as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

My unit spent a bunch of money at the end of the year on shop equipment (jack stands, jacks, various tools and supplies). We had an inventory about a year later and we were told to shit-can nearly all of it since they didn't have NSN's since they were local purchase stuff.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I had a buddy in flight school that was a crew chief for a certain SOCOM unit. He had a Snap-On tool set that would make an ASE mechanic cry, including the $10k+ tool cabinet. Every time they self deployed somewhere they would have to buy tools because the issued aviation tool box sucks. No one would add the new, non issue non NSN tools, to the property book so instead of throwing them away he would pay for shipping them home.

BOT Anyone know, other than EE, where to find a clone correct ACE stock?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#30]

BOT Anyone know, other than EE, where to find a clone correct ACE stock?
View Quote
I am also pondering this. seems ace gen 1 stocks are nearly impossible to find, and I am wondering if I will be forced to cave and buy a new gen 4 and have the not correct stock for the H.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

I am also pondering this. seems ace gen 1 stocks are nearly impossible to find, and I am wondering if I will be forced to cave and buy a new gen 4 and have the not correct stock for the H.
View Quote
You actually need a Gen 3, technically speaking. Cruise gunbroker too, they sometimes show up as Gen 2 or Gen 3 there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:28:47 AM EDT
[#32]
NF A107s are an option with the recce rail as well.
View Quote
Yep this is what I ran until I ran across a set of 22M no-humps.  A107's work fine.  Don't need lapping like ARMS rings always seem to need as well lol.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
What do you like better?  NF rings I'm assuming?  I haven't found the SPR-E mount to have a wandering zero but I don't shoot as far as you typically.  Not nearly as far and as often.  So....  I'm guessing you would know more.   It doesn't seem to wander at like up to 100 yards though that I've found.  Now the ARMS, I can imagine....  They vary in tightness and no way to adjust.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#34]
What is the correct model number for the Badger Unimount?

I haven't had any issues with my 22s yet but don't want it to be a possibility in the future when I get to stretch my H out to 600+ in the fall. Plus I'm sure I will need the extra 20 MOA.

Anyone want to trade a set of nls 22ms w/ railed top ring for a correct badger 20 moa unimount?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 5:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shlouf] [#35]
double
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

What do you like better?  NF rings I'm assuming?  I haven't found the SPR-E mount to have a wandering zero but I don't shoot as far as you typically.  Not nearly as far and as often.  So....  I'm guessing you would know more.   It doesn't seem to wander at like up to 100 yards though that I've found.  Now the ARMS, I can imagine....  They vary in tightness and no way to adjust.
View Quote
the LT-104 was the WORST. would shoot randomly, FEET low, then you rezero, would throw fliers 6-8" away, unable to zero. YES. YES, I did jump on youtube and check tq procedure, with an inch-lb tq wrench, right there at the range. went home, and did it all over again. Yes it was new from Larue directly. I even sent it back for a refund, then later tried another used LT-104 and it did the SAME thing. Plus, take ANY LT-104 and push the optic while holding the rifle, there goes your zero. You can see the scope deflecting. I was shocked. Mark has a special kool-aid mix for ARFcommers, and I think it tastes like doo-doo (I've heard others say the mounts aren't the best, but Mark's doppelgangers police up the negative reviews pretty darn good. this will prolly vaporize one day too). Just make the rings mount like everyone else does: setscrews and top caps, not weird side dumb stuff. Maybe its me, maybe im allergic to LT-104's. whatever.

Arms rings windage shift for me as well. NF/recce rail was decent, but I had to rezero a lot for windage, and wandering zero. groups were always tight but never the same.

My old leupy was sent back for a rebuild when I first got it, and I understand that its NOT a rock solid erector and windage mech like new stype optics, and some of the issues might even stem from the optic. BUT, the 20moa Badger 1.4" SPR unimount has been the best combo, and someone has one on a recce rail, so I'm rocking it right on the upper and that's that.

I haven't shot the Mk12 in awhile, honestly. It's on standby till my 239-days-and-counting AEM5 is out of jail, BUT, I've shot it enough to know where bullets go each season, from 50-1035yds, with 4 different pills, and 3 different powders, and 2 barrels. lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#37]
It must be you.  

I'm just teasing.

Mine has worked well for me.  But the farthest I ever shot with my recce was 200 yards.

However, I will say for full disclosure I do not like the design as you mentioned.  The side screws.  Well, it's not so much that the side things is a problem.  But it's something else.  There are times when I have mounted my scopes and it binds and you have to have everything sort of just right to get it snugged down properly.  I have el cheapy leupold rings that are mated vertically too, but they only have one screw top and bottom so it's not as big of a problem.  Although sometimes the bottom one doesn't line up super well cuz it's longer than the top.

Anyways....  I'm tracking with what you're saying.  I want to say it seems like they are built super solid.  I like the adjustments to snug down to the receiver.   And mine has always been repeatable.  I'd take it off and put it on and it would hold zero.  But yeah, mostly shorter distances.....

I've never tried pushing the scope to see if it flexed though....  That's interesting.

I try not to be a kool aid drinker with any brand and that's the only Larue thing I own.  It was spendy but so are NF rings, eh?

The ARMS definitely leave something to be desired.  I do think mounting the scope is easier but there's no doubt all receivers are not the exact same size and not being able to adjust to them is not a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#38]
the LT-104 was the WORST. would shoot randomly, FEET low, then you rezero, would throw fliers 6-8" away, unable to zero. YES. YES, I did jump on youtube and check tq procedure, with an inch-lb tq wrench, right there at the range. went home, and did it all over again. Yes it was new from Larue directly. I even sent it back for a refund, then later tried another used LT-104 and it did the SAME thing. Plus, take ANY LT-104 and push the optic while holding the rifle, there goes your zero. You can see the scope deflecting. I was shocked. Mark has a special kool-aid mix for ARFcommers, and I think it tastes like doo-doo (I've heard others say the mounts aren't the best, but Mark's doppelgangers police up the negative reviews pretty darn good. this will prolly vaporize one day too). Just make the rings mount like everyone else does: setscrews and top caps, not weird side dumb stuff. Maybe its me, maybe im allergic to LT-104's. whatever.

<snipp>
View Quote
HB, When you say push the scope, do you mean fore/aft, or side to side?  I tried to replicate this on one of mine but didn't detect any movement, but maybe I'm not doing what you are.  Like many my LT104 mounts are shorter range rifles only (300 or so around here, longer than that the Bolt guns come out for the most part :) but if there is some movement I would like to be aware of it :).
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#39]
HB, When you say push the scope, do you mean fore/aft, or side to side?  I tried to replicate this on one of mine but didn't detect any movement, but maybe I'm not doing what you are.  Like many my LT104 mounts are shorter range rifles only (300 or so around here, longer than that the Bolt guns come out for the most part :) but if there is some movement I would like to be aware of it :).
View All Quotes
I think he means vertically. I've got a couple of those mounts and have noticed that I could flex it. I've never had any zero issues, but I'm never able to get out beyond 300-ish yards.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:10:04 AM EDT
[#40]
side to side (hold upper, push optic left/right) was easiest to deflect. would also donup/down on the Larue.

NF eings are SOLID. the recce rail apears to be solid, but maybe the forearm isnt. any time i threw an unimount  on the Holland, issues went away (aero, Badger, NOT LARUE). for the record, my fixed 10x bushnell sidnt zero shift on my mk12 when i used it for a month on NF/RECCE. HALF my issues are prolly the Mk4.

my local 12min away range has out to 700yds so im usually tuned in from 100yds to 580yds to the point i know seasonally and wind calls for .223, .224 and 6.5cm to do MOA on small loose rocks at those distances......sooo i am luxkier than most. i shoot about 3 times a week on average unless im busy, but im moving soon so ill lose my edge.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone have any results shooting with their zeros using the Arms or Larue with the URX4 rail? If not it may lead to belive the zero issues are coming from the PRI rail.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:35:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#42]
Yeah that's interesting.  I'm going to have to wrench on mine and see if I see any movement.  I have never noticed it that loose.  That just doesn't seem right.

I wonder if you got a bad one.....  I'm assuming you adjusted the throw levers to be tight when you mount it, eh?

Hopefully I'm not sounding like a kool aid drinker.  LOL.    
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I do notice a bit of flex vertically.  It doesn't seem like it would affect zero that much though.  I mean it seems like it would return to what it was.  But any movement is going to probably cause some.....  maybe inconsistencies I guess.  I doubt it's enough to matter at shorter distances though.    I didn't really notice any horizontal flex though.  I don't think.

You'd have to be putting pressure on it for it to be a problem though.  For me I can't see putting vertical pressure on my glass.

Some solid rings are probably a better thing though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#44]
It's pretty well documented across the web that vertically split rings suck.

You'll also notice the chamfer added on the LT204 vs the 104.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#45]
I guess that ADM mount sort of took the design to the next level maybe?  Since I think it's split horizontally.  It's more cost effective too I'm pretty sure.  Not very clone worthy though.  I think CD posted an M4 with an ADM mount and scope once somewhere.  But that's about the only one I've ever seen ITW.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:25:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#46]
I carry my mk12 in a non padded tennis bag, and i chuck it in the car. lol. all my ARs have wilson tennis bags. but only the Mk12 zero shifts :0. buyng combat optics and mounts, i figured they would be able to take that.

ill take it out and shoot it and see if that Badger held it innthe same spot. I wish i could rock an M tactical nikon. they dont move. at all.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#47]
So, there I was. I had replenished my savings enough to order an AEM5 and pay for the stamp and "handling" by the local dealer. Like a dumbass, I was browsing another gun board I used to hang out at a lot. I do a quick scroll through the classifieds and there is a harder to find piece of the puzzle, a practically new Mk4 3.5-10x40 M3 turreted, illuminated, with mildot reticle. I know the seller and the scope is gtg, includes the box and paperwork.
Needless to say, I'm back to saving for an AEM5. I know, csb.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#48]
So, there I was. I had replenished my savings enough to order an AEM5 and pay for the stamp and "handling" by the local dealer. Like a dumbass, I was browsing another gun board I used to hang out at a lot. I do a quick scroll through the classifieds and there is a harder to find piece of the puzzle, a practically new Mk4 3.5-10x40 M3 turreted, illuminated, with mildot reticle. I know the seller and the scope is gtg, includes the box and paperwork.
Needless to say, I'm back to saving for an AEM5. I know, csb.
View Quote
If there were a good reason for not buying a can when funding and laws allowed for it, I do believe that would be one of the few.  No argument here on your choice, you did good.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Put this together today. Finding the correct stock was tough, glad I waited and found the right one in great condition. Was not the easiest stock to install, keeping the detent spring straight was difficult.
What buffer and spring does everyone use with the ace stock? Its a carbine tube, I used a colt carbine spring and H buffer. Barrel will most likely be a Bartlein from CLE, unsure of the gas port size on CLE barrels.

Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:55:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BLOSS] [#50]

can in jail since september otherwise about done....
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top