BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 115
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:11:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#1]
I won't post here/pollute your thread anymore after this.  But just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration:

It's a Colt upper and all Holland accessories.
But i strayed on pretty much the 3 most important things, the wrong can and the wrong barrel profile/length, and the wrong caliber.   12.5" 6.5 grendel.  On my Block II/MK18 Colt lower.

I completely understsnd if this rustles too many jimmies and will remove the picture if you all find it too inappropriate.  Being a clone guy, i dont like it either when the thread gets totally derailed by nonclone stuff.  Ijust wanted to show my appreciation for your thread and get it back to page 1.

I'll be going back to hang in the Mini Recce thread from here on out, I promise I won't disturb you guys anymore.

Ahhh crap, sorry for the page ownage guys.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:40:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NickOTime:
I won't post here/pollute your thread anymore after this.  But just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration:

https://i.imgur.com/IEHG2NJ.jpg

It's a Colt upper and all Holland accessories.
But i strayed on pretty much the 3 most important things, the wrong can and the wrong barrel profile/length, and the wrong caliber.   12.5" 6.5 grendel.  On my Block II/MK18 Colt lower.

I completely understsnd if this rustles too many jimmies and will remove the picture if you all find it too inappropriate.  Being a clone guy, i dont like it either when the thread gets totally derailed by nonclone stuff.  Ijust wanted to show my appreciation for your thread and get it back to page 1.

I'll be going back to hang in the Mini Recce thread from here on out, I promise I won't disturb you guys anymore.

Ahhh crap, sorry for the page ownage guys.
View Quote
hold up. 

i helped organize and create THIS THREAD after mk12 trolls kicked us out of the main page. i got the wrong can too, and u til the HPA ever passes im stuck with what i have since im on a trust. 

your ass aint goin nowhere. all i see is an a2 lower. and a can u pointed out. the rest looks really good actually. i made the "thats a hot chick" inhale noise when i saw it. 

whos kickin u out? 

1. NOBODY READS PAGE 1. 
2. this thread needs all the help it can get. 
3. just post pics that done make it obvious u have the wrong shit lol. for better flow. this pic flows well. 
4. NEVER use photobucket lol. 
5. this aint the Mk12 lounge. no menstrual cycles in here!
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it a lot.  

I'm finding it harder and harder to resist ordering an ACS for my recce.  And the call for a PRI forearm is strong.  But I'll probably never have enough cash for the right optic and mount, so it's a moot point.   HollandEnvy......  
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:42:51 AM EDT
[#4]
my mark 4 3.5-10 non ill mil dot was $620 shipped. my rings were 150 but sometimes u find em for under $100 for A107's. 

i want a mod 0 but a holland makes that not really a need anymore. 
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:01:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#5]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

hold up. 

i helped organize and create THIS THREAD after mk12 trolls kicked us out of the main page. i got the wrong can too, and u til the HPA ever passes im stuck with what i have since im on a trust. 

your ass aint goin nowhere. all i see is an a2 lower. and a can u pointed out. the rest looks really good actually. i made the "thats a hot chick" inhale noise when i saw it. 

whos kickin u out? 

1. NOBODY READS PAGE 1. 
2. this thread needs all the help it can get. 
3. just post pics that done make it obvious u have the wrong shit lol. for better flow. this pic flows well. 
4. NEVER use photobucket lol. 
5. this aint the Mk12 lounge. no menstrual cycles in here!
View Quote
Yea I think blue speaks for me too on this one.

Except it's the MK18 (eww) lounge that's moody

Hey blue, I'm about out of matchkings.  How do the hornady 75 grain compare?  I only shoot steel, not groups these days.  I could use some cheaper pills
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
I like it a lot.  

I'm finding it harder and harder to resist ordering an ACS for my recce.  And the call for a PRI forearm is strong.  But I'll probably never have enough cash for the right optic and mount, so it's a moot point.   HollandEnvy......  
View Quote
So save $10 a week and it takes longer.  I see those optics go for $700-800 all the time
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m getting so deep into the Holland clone that I bought the PRI sights in order to not use them. Legit

Attachment Attached File

Just kidding, they were a gift from a buddy who had a few sets
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]
A couple Hollands in the wild
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Will816:
I’m getting so deep into the Holland clone that I bought the PRI sights in order to not use them. Legit

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/213943/A453BF68-9F20-4F9E-B321-5A6548C53DF3-336519.JPG

Just kidding, they were a gift from a buddy who had a few sets
View Quote
Lol I was thinking before I read the bottom, that is some heavy dedication to sacrifice looks for those sights.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By chenault:

Yea I think blue speaks for me too on this one.

Except it's the MK18 (eww) lounge that's moody

Hey blue, I'm about out ofo matchkings.  How do the hornady 75 grain compare?  I only shoot steel, not groups these days.  I could use some cheaper pills
View Quote
all i shoot is 75gr bthp Hnady match out to 600. i use TMK for 1k. otherwise them 2279 pills work fiiiine. lile 2 years worth fine lol. i run 2.265 oal and 23.2gr of 8208xbr on a BR-4. prolly have 2k of em through my mk12 now lol
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#11]
all i shoot is 75gr bthp Hnady match out to 600. i use TMK for 1k. otherwise them 2279 pills work fiiiine. lile 2 years worth fine lol. i run 2.265 oal and 23.2gr of 8208xbr on a BR-4. prolly have 2k of em through my mk12 now lol
View Quote
That's the same load as my 77gr pills, I'll buy a k and give them a go
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#12]
cant go wrong. 

moms BA 1/8 likes em and my 1/7 WOA does too. heck even my 1/9 10.5 will throw em lol
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#13]
itshappening.gif

Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By plinker8:
itshappening.gif

https://i.imgur.com/Yn5Vig7.jpg
View Quote
WOW ITS AN A1 LOWER. WOW SOMEONE GIVES A SHIT. THANK YOU JESUS. SOMEONE READ PAGE 1. 

lolololol
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#15]
WOW ITS AN A1 LOWER. WOW SOMEONE GIVES A SHIT. THANK YOU JESUS. SOMEONE READ PAGE 1. 

lolololol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
itshappening.gif

lolololol
XM16 or 601 lower to boot. Can't see if there's a hump for the pivot pin detent channel.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
XM16 or 601 lower to boot. Can't see if there's a hump for the pivot pin detent channel.
View Quote
It’s a slab side Colt preban. I’ve got one, an R6601
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:32:26 PM EDT
[#17]
didnt see no fence...... i been duped!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:46:00 AM EDT
[#18]
itshappening.gif

View Quote
Almost forgot which thread I was in.  That block 1 had my full attention there.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

Almost forgot which thread I was in.  That block 1 had my full attention there.
View Quote
She is my first love
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Will816:

It’s a slab side Colt preban. I’ve got one, an R6601
View Quote
Ding ding ding we have a winner. Late 70’s/early 80’s AR15-A2 lower. All I could get my hands on here behind enemy lines without getting raped on price
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GeauxSouth86] [#21]
Attachment Attached File

It’s happening. Brake, collar, gasbuster, bipod and mount are in the mail. 80% is on its way from PRI to be engraved. I guess it’s on to rings and mk4 here soon! Oh and an aem5
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GeauxSouth86:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/458037/4E08E0E6-3499-49C9-B99B-F3A69F20C499-341919.JPG
It’s happening. Brake, collar, gasbuster, bipod and mount are in the mail. 80% is on its way from PRI to be engraved. I guess it’s on to rings and mk4 here soon! Oh and an aem5
View Quote
Coming along nicely!
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:47:56 PM EDT
[#23]
dragged the Holland out on sunday. havent shot it since the 1st. still nasty accurate. hit a small rock at 400 and a clay at 300 with my cold bore. its fun to pick out small things and make them go poof. 

Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#24]
dragged the Holland out on sunday. havent shot it since the 1st. still nasty accurate. hit a small rock at 400 and a clay at 300 with my cold bore. its fun to pick out small things and make them go poof. 

https://s1.postimg.org/323wo78xz3/20171022_133558.jpg
View Quote
There is really no replacement for knowing ones rifle.  Boring accuracy that you can call before you shoot is the greatest feeling.

That WOA barrel is living up to its reputation
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Bored and playing around with parts. Going to mount a Leupold TS-30 A2. Still waiting on barrel.

Just wondering, what's the consensus on newer parts for these "replica" builds? I really wanted to try out the Magpul MOE SL-S.

Link Posted: 10/25/2017 12:09:20 AM EDT
[#26]

There is really no replacement for knowing ones rifle.  Boring accuracy that you can call before you shoot is the greatest feeling.

That WOA barrel is livinig up to its reputation
View Quote
this is the single greatest AR-15 I will ever own. its amazing. its reliable. i hardly clean it. it balances so well. it takes groundhogs with ease. it is just a good piece of gear. 

ps....im taking it hunting coyotes at night this weekend on the state game lands. gonna bring my TLR-1s and use a red filter. gonna be sick if I can wack one. using 55gr Vmax with 24gr of H335. 

pic thread:

Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#27]
You've got a way with having good looking clones.  And building them or whatever.  They look so good.  I think it's because you actually use them.  LOL.  

How is the cheek weld  on the ACS?  Does it feel much different than a sopmod?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
You've got a way with having good looking clones.  And building them or whatever.  They look so good.  I think it's because you actually use them.  LOL.  

How is the cheek weld  on the ACS?  Does it feel much different than a sopmod?
View Quote
I handle them more than people handle their newborn child, and I shoot them a LOTTTTT. This paint job is less than 6 months old, but it looks like its been deployed 3 times. I enjoy that look a lot. I had it out again today actually. got 55gr Z-max on paper for the coyotes. it does 1moa with just H335 and CCI 400's. 

the ACS is my fav SPR stock for the mod H. the rear lug for a thumb and pointer finger notch is lovely. this is my second ACS actually. I went Sopmod, ACS, Gen 1 SOCOM, SOPMOD and back to ACS. sopmod is o but the bottom corners are sharp for weak hand support. I do wish i kept my (way looser fitting and older style) older ACS stock....this new one is tighter but the bottom square is polmer not aluminum I dont think its clone correct. *yes im tht anal* lol. so for the record the older pre included sling swivel ACS in FDE is the correct one lol.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 5:03:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#29]
Wow, I didn't realize it was aluminum...........  weird.  I'm wanting to try and ACS-L for me recce real bad.  I don't like how SOPMOD's have the lever adjustment exposed.  When I'm using my support hand or rear bag it sometimes engages.  Although I just have the bravo right now.  Not sure if a read sopmod is any different.  I wouldn't think so.   I like the CTR for that reason but when I tried one out I felt like I was embedding my teeth into the inside of my mouth to see down the sights.  But that was on a commercial tube.  I'm temped to try one now that I got an milspec tube  cuz it's a tad shorter, according to their specs on their site. Speaking of the stock itself is shorter.  But it's very minor.  It's like 6.9" to 7.2" or something like that.  

It's weird because I had a SL stock on my m4gery for a bit and didn't feel like it was as uncomfy as the CTR.  Needless to say I'm concerned about if they ACS is going to feel the same way as the CTR........  I know, I've been chewing on this one decision for so long I should just do it.   LOL.  Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas....  

And good look Yote hunting.  Let us know how it went.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#30]

I handle them more than people handle their newborn child, and I shoot them a LOTTTTT. This paint job is less than 6 months old, but it looks like its been deployed 3 times. I enjoy that look a lot. I had it out again today actually. got 55gr Z-max on paper for the coyotes. it does 1moa with just H335 and CCI 400's. 

the ACS is my fav SPR stock for the mod H. the rear lug for a thumb and pointer finger notch is lovely. this is my second ACS actually. I went Sopmod, ACS, Gen 1 SOCOM, SOPMOD and back to ACS. sopmod is o but the bottom corners are sharp for weak hand support. I do wish i kept my (way looser fitting and older style) older ACS stock....this new one is tighter but the bottom square is polmer not aluminum I dont think its clone correct. *yes im tht anal* lol. so for the record the older pre included sling swivel ACS in FDE is the correct one lol.
View Quote
Blue, do you have any idea how many rounds that barrels seen?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:16:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#31]

Blue, do you have any idea how many rounds that barrels seen?
View Quote
prolly over 2k. i shoulda counted hornaday and sierra boxes lol. i gotta gave over 1k of OTM stuff and 500+ of 55gr through it off the top of my mind. 

i should buy a spare one. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#32]
prolly over 2k. i shoulda counted hornaday and sierra boxes lol. i gotta gave over 1k of OTM stuff and 500+ of 55gr through it off the top of my mind. 

i should buy a spare one. 
View Quote
I think you will be ok for awhile.  Honestly, I thought mine would of fallen off by now but it just keeps tickin.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GeauxSouth86] [#33]
Got one of the PRI A1 profile lowers in the mail the other day. Had Matt Krei of Lasar-15 to do my engraving... he is local to me and super professional- got it done very quick and made pick up work for me with my weird schedule... even gave me $10 back because I had paid for return shipping on his site.

Getting closer to being finished- need to mill the lower, source an optic, rings, and figure out what stock I’m going to run.  PS: the lower from PRI came anodized, it mentions them shipping in the white and mentions them being ano’d... I think someone just fudged up the listing- I do believe their 80% A2 does come raw however.

Weather’s breaking- hope everyone is out enjoying it when they can!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Got one of the PRI A1 profile lowers in the mail the other day. Had Matt Krei of Lasar-15 to do my engraving... he is local to me and super professional- got it done very quick and made pick up work for me with my weird schedule... even gave me $10 back because I had paid for return shipping on his site.

Getting closer to being finished- need to mill the lower, source an optic, rings, and figure out what stock I’m going to run.  PS: the lower from PRI came anodized, it mentions them shipping in the white and mentions them being ano’d... I think someone just fudged up the listing- I do believe their 80% A2 does come raw however.

Weather’s breaking- hope everyone is out enjoying it when they can!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/458037/F5194F24-C168-4963-B5D8-44A8DEA44C55-345920.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/458037/36FAD28B-D384-445D-A0EA-DE54A62A5D0B-345919.JPG
View Quote
+1 for Matt, Dealt with him a few times, but he TOLD ME not to put him on blast, I respect that, but since someone else came out with it lol.. His Engravings are REAL REAL Deep, all the blasting in the world wouldn’t fade it away, unlike others I’ve use..
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

+1 for Matt, Dealt with him a few times, but he TOLD ME not to put him on blast, I respect that, but since someone else came out with it lol.. His Engravings are REAL REAL Deep, all the blasting in the world wouldn’t fade it away, unlike others I’ve use..
View Quote
Yeah- I ran it by him prior to posting... I know he was keeping things low pri a while back but since his site is up and running I think he is cool w it.

I’m very happy with his engraving and definitely will be using him in the future.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:58:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#36]
Yeah- I ran it by him prior to posting... I know he was keeping things low pri a while back but since his site is up and running I think he is cool w it.

I’m very happy with his engraving and definitely will be using him in the future.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

Oh I’m definitely happy with mine.. Will contact him again when I get the PRI 80% in... Its been awhile going on his site, but under the Retro Engravings section I was shocked he used my BraceMan ReProfiled lower for one of the pictures after it got engraved..
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#37]

the devil is in the details
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 2:47:25 AM EDT
[#38]
This thread should never be off page 1

Decisions, Decisions.

Centurion or PRI 80% lower?

ACS and A2 grip, or SOPMOD stock and Sierra SPR grip?
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 10/31/2017 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Very nice!  I need to get a 20 rounder here to finish out my build.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4483/37323082044_db4a9e5240_o.jpg

Decisions, Decisions.

View Quote
+1 for the PRI... the ears are profiled correctly and it’s $25 bucks or so cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#42]

+1 for the PRI... the ears are profiled correctly and it’s $25 bucks or so cheaper.
View Quote
For the trigger guard? Not sure what ears you mean,

I did notice the Centurion lower didn't have the stops (not sure what it's called) for the safety selector.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4483/37323082044_db4a9e5240_o.jpg

Decisions, Decisions.

View Quote
I’d say PRI.. but that’s just my opinion, I’d def go with Centurion if they had the Safety Stop ( iono what they are called either) but I’ll pass
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

For the trigger guard? Not sure what ears you mean,

I did notice the Centurion lower didn't have the stops (not sure what it's called) for the safety selector.
View Quote
A1s have a sharper angle at the front take down pin “ears”. Braceman does this for folks who get a1 lowers that don’t have it done already. Look at the Centurion and then look at the PRI where the takedown pin ears curve into the magwell. Sorry ears can be taken a couple ways I guess... main one being the trigger guard!
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 9:50:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakemajure] [#45]
First time try to post a picture on here. Besides the glass and rings can this belong here?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:09:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ehudbengera] [#46]
Originally Posted By Jakemajure:
First time try to post a picture on here. Besides the glass and rings can this belong here? Someone halp! How come my pic doesn't show up?

webkit-fake-url://f624b8a0-011d-49ab-b0f1-412df35abc8d/imagejpeg
mg]webkit-fake-url://f624b8a0-011d-49ab-b0f1-412df35abc8d/imagejpeg[/url]
View Quote
You need to either rack up 50 posts or buy the $26 membership for your pics to display without approval. Your imgtag at the beginning is open for starters and I'm not even aure that link will work anyway. But I'll try it hereETA yeah linky no worky. I like using flickr. Yoh can just copy the BBCode link and paste it directly into a post. Very simple

ETA2

Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:14:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakemajure] [#47]
Originally Posted By ehudbengera:

You need to either rack up 50 posts or buy the $26 membership for your pics to display without approval. Your [url] tag at the beginning is open for starters and I'm not even aure that link will work anyway. But I'll try it here

ETA yeah linky no worky. I like using flickr. Yoh can just copy the BBCode link and paste it directly into a post. Very simple.
View Quote
Thanks!
Just tried posting with imgur, did it work this time?
https://i.imgur.com/SriCeHq.jpg
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks!
View All Quotes

You need to either rack up 50 posts or buy the $26 membership for your pics to display without approval. Your [url] tag at the beginning is open for starters and I'm not even aure that link will work anyway. But I'll try it here

ETA yeah linky no worky. I like using flickr. Yoh can just copy the BBCode link and paste it directly into a post. Very simple.
Thanks!
Look up.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Look up.
View Quote
Preciate it!
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#50]
ETA2

View Quote
that is funky and I LIKE it. 
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top